DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you for a great mod!
What files and XML parameters do I need to change to have sounds of outside camera while using in cabin camera?
I hate sounds of metal and echo effects of in cabin camera so want to use clear sounds that you can hear while using view from the outside of the car.

Hello again Tommi , I would like to know which file and value correspondent with seat's pitch angle in cockpit view.I want 0 pitch angle on all cars.Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Thank you for a great mod!
What files and XML parameters do I need to change to have sounds of outside camera while using in cabin camera?
I hate sounds of metal and echo effects of in cabin camera so want to use clear sounds that you can hear while using view from the outside of the car.
Hi Chouck,
Thanks for your comment.
Unfortunately, "Bonnet (Hood) Camera" uses the cockpit model with dark windshield for external view (Chase Cam, etc.), and it is not possible to use "External Sounds + Cockpit View" simply by Camera Modding.
It is a topic of sound modding. But I'm afraid I don't know the way how to do it.
Please ask about it on other thread talking about Sound Modding. I'm sorry I could not help you, but hope you can find the way. :)

Hello again Tommi , I would like to know which file and value correspondent with seat's pitch angle in cockpit view.I want 0 pitch angle on all cars.Thanks in advance
Hi Ze70R,
About how to change the "Pitch" angle (Tilt up/down), you can do it by pressing "Num Pad 6 or 3" by default.

DiRT_Rally_Tilt_UP_Down.jpg

If you want to change it by editng "cameras.xml" file, please edit the following line in "head-cam" section.

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam" reverseCamera="head-cam_reverse" hidden="false" spectator="false" isEyefinitySafe="false" renderParticlesBeforeGrass="false" freeLookAllowed="true" transitionType="switch" transitionDuration="0.0000" transitionStrength="0.0000">
<Parameter name="tilt" type="scalar" value="*.****" />

BTW, about how to change the "Yaw" angle (look left/right), we can't do it by editing "cameras.xml" file as far as I know. I wanted to do it but could not find the parameter.
Hope this helps. :)

Thank you very much Tommi , a manage to change it properly. I do have one more question. Where (which line)in camera.xml on each car is the original(default FOV ), not already changed by the ingame slider.And how can i apply the desired fov , without to interact the ingame slider.

Thank you very much Tommi , a manage to change it properly. I do have one more question. Where (which line)in camera.xml on each car is the original(default FOV ), not already changed by the ingame slider.And how can i apply the desired fov , without to interact the ingame slider.
Hi, Ze70R.

For example, if you want to use FOV 55 for Head-Cam, please edit the following lines as follows.

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam" reverseCamera="head-cam_reverse" hidden="false" spectator="false" isEyefinitySafe="false" renderParticlesBeforeGrass="false" freeLookAllowed="true" transitionType="switch" transitionDuration="0.0000" transitionStrength="0.0000">
<Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="55.0000" />
<Parameter name="playerAdjustableFOV" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="minimumFoV" type="scalar" value="55.0000" />
<Parameter name="maximumFoV" type="scalar" value="55.0000" />

In short, disable 'Player Adjustable FOV' and use the same FOV value for each line. Then FOV 55 will be applied in any case. I think this way is easy to understand.

Thank you once again Tommi , but it didnt work...?! The game load normaly , but when i try to load stage , the game shutted down and got me back to windows desktop?! I changed all cars camera.xml files. I did check them if i did a mistake somewhere but i couldnt find any.Exacly the same lines of cod ;) Any idea what i`m missing .Thanks in advance

Thank you once again Tommi , but it didnt work...?! The game load normaly , but when i try to load stage , the game shutted down and got me back to windows desktop?! I changed all cars camera.xml files. I did check them if i did a mistake somewhere but i couldnt find any.Exacly the same lines of cod ;) Any idea what i`m missing .Thanks in advance
It's a very basic Modding. The Modded files should work.
You have to find the solution by yourself because I can't test your edited files on your PC.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

Hi again Tommi , what xml editor do you use, when you decrypt cameras.xml.I did try with xml copy editor , but cant open the file ? Any tips for a begginer like me.Thanks in advance.

Hi again Tommi , what xml editor do you use, when you decrypt cameras.xml.I did try with xml copy editor , but cant open the file ? Any tips for a begginer like me.Thanks in advance.
Please read the older posts in this thread and also use "Search" function for further information.
There've been many threads and posts talking about Camera Modding of Codemasters titles here at RaceDepartment Forum.
"Do it yourself at your own risk" is a golden rule of the Modding. Once again, please find the information and the solution by yourself.

Last edited:
If you are interested, first back up the files. Then you can use binxml if you prefer command line or other utilities. If you know basic dos batch files, you can see how I did some of my scripts, but be careful like Tommi said!

You don't have to convert back to bin for dirt rally. It runs fine if you keep it as text mode. Helps for easier editing too.

Utilities link: http://www.share-online.biz/dl/7QEUEOKO53B
I use notepad++ as my text editor, because it fixes issues with carriage return on some files.

I'm looking into this mod because I play in hood cam and would like to hear the in-cockpit audio.

Is this possible with this mod? Something like moving the camera forward from cockpit or dash until it looks like a hood camera, thus having the internal audio with a hood view?

Thanks

Thank you Tommi :) wise advice!
Thanks for your kind reply, Ze70R.
I wish I could. But I myself also learned about the Codemasters Camera Modding by searching the web several years ago. And it's hard for me to explain everything.
Please learn the basic part of the Modding Way, then you'll be able to understand what I commented in this thread.
Thanks again for your understanding. :)

If you are interested, first back up the files. Then you can use binxml if you prefer command line or other utilities. If you know basic dos batch files, you can see how I did some of my scripts, but be careful like Tommi said!

You don't have to convert back to bin for dirt rally. It runs fine if you keep it as text mode. Helps for easier editing too.

Utilities link: http://www.share-online.biz/dl/7QEUEOKO53B
I use notepad++ as my text editor, because it fixes issues with carriage return on some files.
Thanks for your kind support as always, robnitro.
It's a great help! :)

I'm looking into this mod because I play in hood cam and would like to hear the in-cockpit audio.

Is this possible with this mod? Something like moving the camera forward from cockpit or dash until it looks like a hood camera, thus having the internal audio with a hood view?

Thanks

Hi, Indigo12.

It's possible to move forward "Head-Cam" & "Dash-Cam" to the Hood-Cam position.
Here is my old video.

About the Sounds, it seems to be ok. But I'm not sure whether this is exactly what you want to play with. So, please test and check it by yourself.

Thank you, Tommi, that is exactly what I wanted! I move the cockpit cam all the way out, and retain the internal audio, which is much better.
One difference is that in cockpit cam there is no Speedometer in the HUD. I don't suppose I can enable it somehow?
Very helpful mod, than you.

Thank you, Tommi, that is exactly what I wanted! I move the cockpit cam all the way out, and retain the internal audio, which is much better.
One difference is that in cockpit cam there is no Speedometer in the HUD. I don't suppose I can enable it somehow?
Very helpful mod, than you.
Thanks for your reply, Indigo121.
I'm glad to hear the Mod worked. :)
About the HUD, please use and move forward "Dash-Cam". Dash-Cam has both Internal Cockpit Sounds & HUD with Speedometer as far as I can remember. Hope it works. :)

If you choose to move the dash cams forward and come up with a good set for all the cars, please share it because the dash cam is the one that doesn't seem to save position. Cockpit cam which has no speedometer remembers how you set the camera- with Tommi's mod you can move it very far, sometimes I like the cam on the roof :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%