DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | You Guessed It... Another Final Update Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
I've written this not once, not twice but three times now - a final update has been released for DiRT Rally 2.0... until the next one anyway.

Yup, everyone who thought the days of downloading a full 14gb + update for the sake of a sub 400mb change had been consigned into the memory banks of early dirt racing adventures, think again - a new update has been deployed for DiRT Rally 2.0 - adding support for Logitech Trueforce devices, and a bunch of new liveries - details of which can be found below:

DiRT 2 Update 1.jpg

Content:
  • New Livery: SUBARU Impreza 1995 - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Black)
  • New Livery: SUBARU Impreza 1995 - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Blue)
  • New Livery: SUBARU Impreza 1995 - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Red)
  • New Livery: SUBARU Impreza 1995 - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Yellow)
  • New Livery: SUBARU Impreza 1995 - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Green)
  • New Livery: SUBARU Impreza 1995 - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Pink)
  • New Livery: Volkswagen Polo R Supercar - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Black)
  • New Livery: Volkswagen Polo R Supercar - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Blue)
  • New Livery: Volkswagen Polo R Supercar - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Red)
  • New Livery: Volkswagen Polo R Supercar - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Yellow)
  • New Livery: Volkswagen Polo R Supercar - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Green)
  • New Livery: Volkswagen Polo R Supercar - DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series (Pink)
Hardware:
  • Added support for Logitech TRUEFORCE™ hardware (ie: Logitech G HUB G923 racing wheels).
  • Resolved multiple Logitech-related issues that arose from Version 1.17 update.
Cars:
  • Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 - Resolved issue where engine audio file reverted to older iteration (previously used in Version 1.15).
Miscellaneous:
  • Updated Volkswagen logo in menu screens to match new real-world version.

Original Source: DiRT Rally 2.0

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on both console and PC.

DiRTy fan? Cool, head over to the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved in the conversation today!

DiRT 2 Update 3.jpg

Last edited:
14gb download for a dozen or so liveries and about 50mb of fixes. Masters of Code!

I'm ready for DR3. DR2 has got to the point where everyone has memorized the stages and I can't even BEGIN to keep up because I don't want to memorize the stages (accidentally or not) and ruin the magic that is rallying.

Not bitching, just ready for the next Codies rally game I'll probably pre-order whether I want to or not :)

• Deleted member 217114

No bug fixes? Where’s some news of DR3?

• Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 - Resolved issue where engine audio file reverted to older iteration (previously used in Version 1.15).
That's a bug-fix.

But yeah..Like @Shannon Flynn said.. 14gb download for this.. is a bit.. well. Lets see what Codies.. I mean EA.. going to do with DR3 or WRC. Dirt Rally 1 was a true passion-project of Paul Coleman. I only see sad things for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirt Rally 3.0 should maybe go back into the procedural stage creator thing. But do it right this time (with like 10x more tiles, and better synced co-driver calls). And adding VR shouldn't take a petition this time

And those damn tarmac physics.

If Codemasters can't make all surfaces work within the same physics engine, code 2 physics engines in the damn game then lol. Switch physics engine when car goes on tarmac :D Stupid, but better than yet another sub-par tarmac experience

That's how it feels now, anyway. Like someone switched the physics, (from logical to weird) when crossing into tarmac sections

Last edited:
14gb download for a dozen or so liveries and about 50mb of fixes. Masters of Code!

That’s a choice, how you package the game files.

a. Small updates, bigger total install
b. Big updates, smaller total install

DR2 is pretty big to start with, they could repackage the game files, but that would increase the footprint even more - which is especially detrimental to console players with generally less storage space than PC.

Point being it is not ineptitude, but a choice between which outcome is the lesser evil.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing