DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | World Rallycross Cape Town Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have teased the first images from the upcoming Cape Town WRX location heading to DiRT Rally 2.0 this November 19th.

As the real life FIA World Rallycross championship comes to a close this weekend in sunny South Africa, development team Codemasters are preparing to launch their latest DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC in rather less sunny England.

Due to be made available for the game as part of the 'Season 4' DLC package for DiRT Rally 2.0 in just 11 days time, the Killarney International Raceway in Cape Town will be making a first appearance in the DiRT Rally franchise, and should offer virtual rallycross drivers a nice mix of high speed straights and long radius corners - marking one of the quickest circuits visited by the series this season.

With release still 11 days away, expect more preview footage from the track in the coming days - but for now check out these first images below:

DiRT 2.0 Cape Town WRX 2.jpg
DiRT 2.0 Cape Town WRX 3.jpg
DiRT 2.0 Cape Town WRX 4.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Struggling to master the difficult WRX machines of DR 2.0? Get advice from our awesome community HERE.

Sim Racing is Awesome!

Rallycross is fun and very entertaining motorsport discipline. I'm doing practically only RX in this game. In Dirt Rally 2.0 (and previous one) it is quite well represented. With different cars from FWD Clio's, Corsa's and such through RX2 Superlites up to RX Supercars and even those super fun buggies. Tracks are pretty good to with my personal favorite (both in the game aswell real life) Latvian Bikiernieku.
It's a shame it doesn't have as much attention as traditional rally. Almost every popular simracing youtuber ignored RX in the DR 2.0 review. So sad :(
If just FFB was better and AI had little improvements...

Love the real series, but man these cars are hard to drive!

Need to find some time to spend trying to understand them properly.

Oh yes they are hard. Start from RX1600 series to learn the basics and then move up. Don't approach RX to much as regular hard surface racing and don't overdose handbrake (it kills momentum). Think way ahead and turn a car sooner then you think and be ready for a counter steer. Play with diff and gear settings for quick acceleration and best possible traction.
And have fun ;)

Finland looks nothing at all like the so-called previews. Don't put too much stock in these images now that we know Codemasters are willing to sink so low as to deceive players with "screenshots" that look nothing like that actual game

The RX Supercars are so sensitive to braking and cornering! I’m curious if that’s how they behave in real life too. Does anyone know and can offer driving tips?

To my knowledge a Rallycross tyre is not as good for loose surface as Rally gravel/dirt dedicated tyre. In RX tyre need to run on both tarmac/concrete as dirt/gravel with grip aimed more towards hard surfaces as launch from standing is extremely important.
Try to operate with gas and brake very gently when on loose. Imagine yourself walking on ice in shoes with almost slick soles.
Another thing is a weight transfer as those cars has much softer suspension with longer travel so weight transfer is much more significant it can be both good and bad depending on situation. Practice and learn the car, how it behaves in different situations.

Last edited:
Love the real series, but man these cars are hard to drive!

Need to find some time to spend trying to understand them properly.
You really have to learn how to drive them because they dont drive like real cars. Last time i tested a bunch of cars on RX tracks i couldnt even do donuts. Should you? Prolly not but the fact that it didnt work with powerful and light cars is just weird. Especially also RX i think feels weird in DR2. Its like its sped up and no real weight to the cars. Also obviously when donuts dont work there is something fishy going on, lol.

You really have to learn how to drive them because they dont drive like real cars. Last time i tested a bunch of cars on RX tracks i couldnt even do donuts. Should you? Prolly not but the fact that it didnt work with powerful and light cars is just weird. Especially also RX i think feels weird in DR2. Its like its sped up and no real weight to the cars. Also obviously when donuts dont work there is something fishy going on, lol.
That guy doesn't seem to have any problems doing donuts:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years