DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | World Rallycross 2019 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released the 2019 edition of the FIA World Rallycross championship for DiRT Rally 2.0.

Building on the impressive 2018 issue of the series that comes as default content within DiRT Rally 2.0, today a new bunch of cars from the season just finished have been released - welcome to the world the 2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship.

It is worth noting that these new cars form only part of the 2019 season, with an additional six machines to be added to the title over the next two DLC instalments - the last of which is scheduled to deploy on January 28th next year.

As for this DLC, the pack contains Audi S1 EKS, the Peugeot 208 and Fiesta RXS Evo 5 plus a special livery pack - all of which comes as part of the 'Season 4' DLC, or available to purchase as separate items.

DLC Contents:

Peugeot 208 WRX

DR2 Pug.jpg

The Peugeot 208 WRX was built in early 2018 and took its first victory at Mettet in Belgium. Team Hansen MJP returned in 2019 and were immediately competitive, with Kevin Hansen taking victory in Abu Dhabi and Timmy ending the season as World Champion. The car was extremely fast and stable in the corners, with the Hansen brothers making the most of this with their noticeably smooth driving styles.

• Car Class: 2019 RX Supercars
  • Model Year: 2019
  • Max Power: 600 bhp
  • Max Weight: 1225 kg
  • Engine: 1998 cc, 4 cylinder, Turbocharged
  • Transmission: 6 Speed – Manual Sequential

Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro

DR2 Audi.jpg

The Audi S1 EKS RX quattro returned to the grid in 2019, with ex-EKS drivers Andreas Bakkerud and Krizstian Szabo. The two EKS drivers were joined by Liam Doran, who made his full-time return to the series after a brief period away from the sport. Based on the 2018 car, the Audi S1 EKS RX quattro started the season as the clear favourite in the eyes of many.

Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5

DR2 Ford.jpg

New to the grid in 2019, the Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5 features a bespoke carbon fibre body and a unique internal layout. Experienced FIA World Rallycross Championship ace Janis Baumanis ran a full-time program with the new car, with Jani Paasonen completing the line-up with a part-time role.

In case you missed it earlier, you can check out the new cars in action via the extended gameplay trailer recently released by Codemasters, below:

With DiRT Rally 2.0 having a 'seasons' DLC strategy, players have two more occasions in the next few weeks to enjoy further WRX content within the sim, with January 14th and 28th both set to see new content drops to the sim. On the 17th the Renault Megane R.S. RX, Seat Ibiza RX and Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) will be making an appearance. On January 28th, new rallycross cars the Renault Clio R.S, Mini Cooper SX1 and a STARD version of the Fiesta will be appearing - so rallycross fans have plenty to look forward to into the new year !

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Got a DiRTy question to ask? Throw up a new thread in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let the community be your guide!

Dirt Rally 2.0 Seasons DLC.jpg

I wonder how much of this special edition and season pass behavior is driven by steam sales. Developers know a large portion of customer's are going to hold out for a sale (myself included). Thus, to maintain/increase profits (or rather to get the same average revenue per customer) they have to participate in these "P2P" practices.

Regardless, I'm super happy with my Dirt Rally 2 purchase with Season 1 & 2 for around ~$30 and look forward to picking up season 3 & 4 once it goes on sale.

I wonder how much of this special edition and season pass behavior is driven by steam sales. Developers know a large portion of customer's are going to hold out for a sale (myself included). Thus, to maintain/increase profits (or rather to get the same average revenue per customer) they have to participate in these "P2P" practices.

Regardless, I'm super happy with my Dirt Rally 2 purchase with Season 1 & 2 for around ~$30 and look forward to picking up season 3 & 4 once it goes on sale.

Same here. Guess with the end of Season 3#4 from February on they finally will put it on sale :rolleyes:. All in all they should have handled it like DR1 : Half a year of Early Access until most inconsistend stuff is ironed out (specially if you already owned the alleged superduper "Deluxe" edition Vol 1 like me idiot did in good faith - but never ever again).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%