DiRT Rally 2.0 Dirt rally 2.0 with simcommander?

Not the answer you asked for. I own but gave up on Simcommander. I've repeatedly had issues getting it to work.

I've been using SimHub for about 9 months. It's free and has been relatively easy to make work. Recently there have been some changes to the port used by SimHub, but initially it automatically modified the dirt rally config files.

Are you using DR2.0 in VR by any chance? I have this working, including in VR.

In Documents/My Games/DiRT Rally 2.0/hardwaresettings you should have a hardware_settings_config.xml file. and, if you are using VR, a hardware_settings_config_vr.xml file. Both should look something like this:

<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true" />
<udp enabled="false" extradata="0" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
<custom_udp enabled="false" filename="packet_data.xml" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
<fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
<custom_udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" filename="SimXperience_Dirt_V1.xml" delay="1" />
</motion_platform>

The important bit which is needed is in red.

In Documents/My Games/DiRT Rally 2.0/hardwaresettings you should have a hardware_settings_config.xml file. and, if you are using VR, a hardware_settings_config_vr.xml file. Both should look something like this:

<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true" />
<custom_udp enabled="false" filename="packet_data.xml" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
<fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
<custom_udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" filename="SimXperience_Dirt_V1.xml" delay="1" />
</motion_platform>

Big Thanks! I forgot to tell I was using VR. Will try and hopefully it works

• Deleted member 197115

Parameters for starting in VR
steam://launch/690790/vr
1573024050564.png

The above parameter will open the Oculus in SteamVR.

If you want to bypass SteamVR and use DR2.0 with Oculus SDK, then use the parameter below instead.

Simcommander_DR2.0.PNG

To prevent SteamVR still trying to open when you launch DR2.0, ensure that in Steam VR settings "Start SteamVR when VR application starts" is unchecked.

soRdSdz.png

The above parameter will open the Oculus in SteamVR.

If you want to bypass SteamVR and use DR2.0 with Oculus SDK, then use the parameter below instead.

View attachment 333409

To prevent SteamVR still trying to open when you launch DR2.0, ensure that in Steam VR settings "Start SteamVR when VR application starts" is unchecked.

View attachment 333410

Thank you! Very good to know! Which one performs better? Oculus or steamvr?

I am getting good results with my Rift S using Oculus SDK.

Until recently, reports were definitely that Oculus SDK was better than SteamVR. However, the changelog for the recent v1.10 update states,

VR:

• Optimised overall SteamVR performance, to match that of Oculus SDK.
If true, then there may now be no difference, but I will stick with Oculus SDK.

<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true" />
</motion_platform>

Dude, dude, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!

This is the most important, most awsome and most secluded information for every one who uses simcomander. I honestly do not understand why SimVibe is incapable of implementing this by themself? I bought DR2.0 and never played it because of this not working in VR. But rally games have so much more immersion because of haptic feedback. Even compared to racing sims. I mean the offroad setting is screaming for this. I also loved rally in PC2, but it is so full of bugs, it is just sad.

For delivering this line of code, I would suck your dick (figuratively) or buy you a sixpack of beer (literally), if I could.

(imagine me beeing arroused as f*** for realising I can finaly enjoy this awsome game as I always wanted)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing