DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 - VR Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 VR Support.jpg

After considerable encouragement from a vociferous community, Codemasters have finally confirmed VR support will be coming to DiRT Rally 2.0!

Yes, you heard it correctly - following a notable omission of Virtual Reality support in the most recent DiRT 4 rally game from Codemasters, and something of an intense campaign by a portion of the racing game community to make Codemasters understand just how sought after the inclusion of VR support really is for their next game, the English development studio have at long last confirmed that the upcoming DiRT 2.0 will indeed be in receipt of VR compatibility post release - hitting social media earlier today to confirm that a summer VR compatibility update will be made available for the PC version of the game!

Sadly for VR users this isn't all good news however. It appears that the Oculus Rift platform will be VR headset of choice for support within DiRT 2.0, with no mention of the impressive HTC Vive headset, or other compatible brands at this early stage. Now if this means just Oculus support, or if further headsets will be added later, remains open to debate.

Either way, it is wonderful to see how Codemasters have obviously been listening to their community in recent months, and once again hitting the stages in full VR is sure to be an incredibly impressive experience indeed..

I can't wait!

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

• Deleted member 6919

Wow Ross maybe I should of expected that sort of reply..:roflmao:
And trust me if I took it personally I would state the fact, as for not buying a game that didn't support my hardware, course I wouldn't..but I wouldn't sit here making demands or whinging about it as some do.

And trust me if I took it personally I would state the fact, as for not buying a game that didn't support my hardware, course I wouldn't..but I wouldn't sit here making demands or whinging about it as some do.

Instead you sit and whinge about what you consider to be others whinging.

If you have the right to complain about something on an internet forum, why shouldn't someone else?

What's going on? The DiRTy forums at RD (including RBR etc.) have always been places with happy banter, but never the attitudes that's going around in multiple threads here now.

Maybe it's time to step out of the racing chair, or push a bit away from the keyboard, take some breaths, and return later.

People without VR get upset with some VR onwers because they believe and demand, and go on and on and on to developers that it should be a priority nowdays, like aload of winging bitches..:p

You are clearly just trolling here nothing that you have said is anything but an exaggeration & hyperbole. I don't know why you are so triggered by it? If Codemasters said they are going to release it on console only & may only release it on pc if owners made enough noise you're telling me that they wouldn't be letting the devs know their disappointment & will just get in on console. In-fact it happens all the time that petitions are made to show devs there is an interest.

In-fact it happens all the time that petitions are made to show devs there is an interest.
Yes, that much is correct. Some people are obsessed with making internet petitions on the most unsubstantial and/or subjective things imaginable, which companies (thankfully) largely ignore because they really couldn't care less about a bunch of people making an internet petition to feel important.

Yes, that much is correct. Some people are obsessed with making internet petitions on the most unsubstantial and/or subjective things imaginable, which companies (thankfully) largely ignore because they really couldn't care less about a bunch of people making an internet petition to feel important.

You do realise to say they are making a petition to 'feel important' is a bit of an odd thing to say?

Can't see why it's odd. I mean I understand the people making the petition would not say they are making it for *that* reason, but that *is* mostly the reason for making petitions, isn't it? If you go make a petition demanding something, you obviously think someone in charge should care about your opinion on the matter, so in other words, you think you're important enough to make a difference. The reality of the thing is, in case of 99 % of petitions (and especially the internet ones, the ones gamers and similar people tend to make), nobody could care less, and nobody generally does.

You have two hours even if you buy the game a year from now (if the steam policy remain the same ofc)
I'll buy it on sale next xmas, from the oculus store or steam, we'll see how they decide to pan this out.

Life's to short for waiting around !
Next Xmas we could all be dead :roflmao:
And in the meantime at least one better game ( WRC 8 ) have been released !

Can't see why it's odd. I mean I understand the people making the petition would not say they are making it for *that* reason, but that *is* mostly the reason for making petitions, isn't it? If you go make a petition demanding something, you obviously think someone in charge should care about your opinion on the matter, so in other words, you think you're important enough to make a difference. The reality of the thing is, in case of 99 % of petitions (and especially the internet ones, the ones gamers and similar people tend to make), nobody could care less, and nobody generally does.

So are you saying that people who'd like VR included in games have started multiple internet petitions "demanding" this? I guess the great thing about the internet is you'll have links to these sticks you're using to beat people with, so please, link to them here. Because surely you wouldn't fling insults around without some substance to back yourself up with, would you?

you obviously think someone in charge should care about your opinion on the matter, so in other words, you think you're important enough to make a difference.

Isn't the point of contributing to a petition the hope that a GROUP of people can make a difference? Surely anyone who contributes to a petition recognises the insignificance of their own potential so contributes to a larger movement.

Isn't that just the same as voting? I know I can't change the current mess my country is in with a single vote, but I also know that if everybody else thinks like that, nothing will ever change.

(I really do miss that "roll eyes" comment rating a lot lately.)

Yeah I agree here. Especially when people who have no real interest or investment in the subject of a thread go wading in with a load of insults with no interest in making any constructive contribution.

And you wading into threads like this with insults and unsubstantiated generalisations IS important?

pot ... kettle ...

Some people are obsessed with making internet petitions on the most unsubstantial and/or subjective things imaginable, which companies (thankfully) largely ignore because they really couldn't care less about a bunch of people making an internet petition to feel important.

You kinda picked the wrong thread to post that one in didn't you?!

After considerable encouragement from a vociferous community, Codemasters have finally confirmed VR support will be coming to DiRT Rally 2.0!

Edit - and, of course..

Studio397 listened.
RaceRoom listened.
Kunos listened. 3 times.
iRacing listened.
LiveForSpeed listened.
KartKraft listened.
SMS listened. Twice.

So if, by petitions, you mean requests for VR inclusion in racing sims I'm struggling to find the figures to support your claim that

The reality of the thing is, in case of 99 % of petitions (and especially the internet ones, the ones gamers and similar people tend to make), nobody could care less, and nobody generally does.

Last edited:
This is not over yet indeed. NoTriplesNoBuy!

You know we (below) exist right, Codies? I am shocked you guys at Codemasters dont have this...
View attachment 290641

Oh please with your outdated setup. There are ultrawide screens nowadays you know! ;-)
Last night i was looking around actually and a 49" 32:9 3840x1080 looks cheaper than buying 3 monitors. Ex. A samsung LC49HG90DMUXEN
But first i need to upgrade my 6 or 7 years old potato, an i5 760 with a 770 gtx. I was surprised i met around min specs of dr 2.0 though

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back