DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Version 1.6 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Update.jpg

A new update for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 is here.

Build 1.6 dropped to PC and console versions of DiRT Rally 2.0 earlier today, with a strong focus on resolving some of the more critical issues highlighted by the DiRT Rally gaming community in recent months.

Highlight changes from build 1.6 include the further balancing of the game AI and, wait for it, improved audio for the wonderful little Lancia Delta S4 - adding real world audio to the car for the first time within the DiRT game franchise.

Other notable changes that come with the new build include the option for 'manual h-pattern' support within the game UI, a feature so very important to those players looking for realism when racing with older era cars within the game.

Build 1.6 Update Notes:

My Team:

• Resolved issue whereby players were seeing blank entries above their current Leaderboard standing.
  • Removed potential exploit that allowed for unlimited restarts in My Team Events.
  • Widened AI performance capabilities across several difficulty levels, making the jump in challenge feel less dramatic.
Cars:
  • Updated engine audio for Lancia Delta S4, based on new real-world audio data.
  • Adjusted headlight glass texture on the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI.
  • Added night time dashboard illumination to the Porsche 911 SC RS.
  • Miscellaneous fixes and adjustments to damage models of multiple cars.
AI:
  • Adjusted AI performance on Night Rally Stages.
  • Adjusted AI performance during Wet Rallycross Events.
  • Adjusted AI performance to better simulate tyre wear during Events with long distances between Service Areas.
Visuals:
  • Fixed issue regarding tyre marks not appearing on certain surfaces.
  • Adjusted rain effects for better visibility when using interior camera views.
  • Reduced excessive dirt kick-up at Biķernieki, Riga (Latvia RX).
Audio:
  • Resolved issue where rain audio would cut out on longer Stages.
  • Resolved issue where ambient sounds would cut out in Service Areas.
  • Fixed multiple issues with co-driver calls on Germany Rally Stages.
UI/UX:
  • Added support for “Manual H-Pattern or Manual Sequential” to transmission options.
  • Added support for “Manual H-Pattern with Clutch or Manual Sequential” to transmission options.
  • Improved animations of certain Engine Mapping Upgrade unlock notificiations.
  • Added subtitles to Biķernieki, Riga (Latvia RX) introductory video.
  • Minor fixes to Brazilian Portuguese translations during loading screens.
Miscellaneous:
  • Improvements to Location loading times (Steam version only).
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Germany Rally.
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Argentina Rally.
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Poland Rally.
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Hell, Lånkebanen (Norway RX).
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Biķernieki, Riga (Latvia RX).
  • General stability improvements and minor bug-fixes throughout the game.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For news and discussions regarding DiRT 2.0, head over to the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the discussion today.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I wonder what some of you guys expect from Codemasters ffb-wise. It always has been subpar compared to AC, rfactor 2, Iracing, Automobilista or Raceroom. I mean…it’s Codemasters after all. :coffee: Subpar physics, mucho blingbling, good sells.

I wonder what some of you guys expect from Codemasters ffb-wise. It always has been subpar compared to AC, rfactor 2, Iracing, Automobilista or Raceroom. I mean…it’s Codemasters after all. :coffee: Subpar physics, mucho blingbling, good sells.

Because the problem is not in the quality of the FFB, but in the fact that in this game, and this one only, there is some missing effects they just didn't implement (but put a slider for them in the settings). Those effects are in all their other games, including DR1 and DiRT4.

They probably rushed the games, then didn't have ressources to fix/finish it while crunching on F1 2019 and GRID, and just sacrificed DR2 to be able to release F1 2019 without issues. That's the only logical explanation I see for such a terrible management with very few or non working fixes while they tell they are working hard (they said many times they were working and progressing on the FFB while they technically took 3+ month to fix a multiplier, very minor fix, on one effect which was possible to fix from day one by tweaking an XML file, and this minor fix wasn't even ready for the 1.4 and had to be released 1 week later).

Still waiting for VR.

There is FFB, there are 2 FFB options that are greyed out I assume will be enabled sooner or later, yep no feeling on wheel spin/slip yet (that one is greyed out), but it's a big improvement over what has been there from the beginning.

Well at least they have to correct sounds for the Lancia Delta S 4 and 0.37 took them a long time to get those right , and this is going way back into the very first versions of Dirt .

Yes the FFB is odd but seems to be fine for those with DD wheels , for the rest of use we just struggle through having to use CM's in game FFB.

But I understand CM are not famed for their FFB , I saw a video on F2019 and they said that still felt to lite .
I still enjoy the game for all its faults .
waiting to see how WRC 8 turns out .

I wish RD would just disable comments on their DR2 posts. It would be for the better and very little of value would be lost.

Maybe RD should just create a new location titled "Dirt Rally Complaints" (or similar) and transfer all of the whinging there. At least then we could read threads about the actual topic instead of having to wade through all of the usual, repetitive, stuff from the same posters. :(

No FFB? Mate, it might be shite to you ... but it works. Saying there's no FFB is absolutely disingenuous.

Super excited to hear that the Lancia Delta S4 finally features real engine sounds. Whine in the front, chunk in the back, well ... when you're watching them. Inside, I have zero clue as to how the car actually sounds. Mix of the two?

I'd love to see the sounds taken out and put in a downloadable pack for the Delta S4 in Dirt Rally. Still my go to when I need the magic of Finland.

Well at least they have to correct sounds for the Lancia Delta S 4 and 0.37 took them a long time to get those right , and this is going way back into the very first versions of Dirt .

Yes the FFB is odd but seems to be fine for those with DD wheels , for the rest of use we just struggle through having to use CM's in game FFB.

But I understand CM are not famed for their FFB , I saw a video on F2019 and they said that still felt to lite .
I still enjoy the game for all its faults .
waiting to see how WRC 8 turns out .

WRC7 had incredibly poor FFB and that's coming from someone who enjoyed the game for the most part. Even the basic self aligning was poor and the suspension jolts were often overpowered compared to the other forces.

Last edited:
It's coming, they've only said it about a billion times now. Are you possibly illiterate?

They said they will fix ffb even after 5 months ffb is ****!Guess when they will add VR after one year.Sxxmasters in they sxxx style!People pay money and in return they get all sorts of lie from developers!Next time when I think to buy product of codemasters I will think twice and instead try first from the torrent.No more trust in this developer.
We paying our money from our salary and this money is converting to salary of developers but they do sxxx job!They don't deserved they salary's!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with liking DR2 the way it is but, I have to think that some of us may be expecting more than CM can or is willing to deliver in terms of physics (and TM) and ffb.

The current FFB is certainly playable but, it still has room for improvement imo. However, it may be that the physics model simply does not support more advanced features and the resulting ffb-effects (like those that exist in other Sim's). Perhaps the physics model is just too "fudged" or simplified, compared to other titles we are used to. PC2 & AMS RallyX cars represent ffb closer to what I'd hope for from the Dirt series but, those titles have more advanced physics models.

Despite it's short-comings, I still manage to enjoy playing DR2 and it certainly shines in other ways. Provided the title can maintain playable frame-rates in VR, it'll be another reason to play DR2 and enjoy some challenging stages, great motion-effects and marvelous audio in a Rally title.

First, Dirt Rally 2.0 has ALWAYS supported sequential transmissions and manual H transmissions WITH clutch. They just patched in the ability to default to manual sequential transmissions where it was more appropriate to do so.

Second, the force feedback in Dirt Rally 2.0 is far better than the force feedback in Dirt Rally 1.0 and especially good on direct drive wheels (including the Accuforce Pro V2); however, you do need to be able to fine tune the force feedback to suit your individual taste.

So, have you turned off all assists (if not, you'll get some rather odd behavior since traction control and stability control aren't really conducive to dirt racing)?

Which cars are you having difficulty driving?

And, finally which direct drive wheel do you have?

Other users like myself might be able to suggest settings to help.

@fwyflyer I picked up the game recently, I'd like to take you up on the offer for suggestions on ffb. I have a small MIGE OSW and I have the ffb going, but the bumps are extremely rough and if I go bush it is savage. The rest of the ffb is OK.
https://imgur.com/eEepNsd

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing