DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Version 1.6 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Update.jpg

A new update for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 is here.

Build 1.6 dropped to PC and console versions of DiRT Rally 2.0 earlier today, with a strong focus on resolving some of the more critical issues highlighted by the DiRT Rally gaming community in recent months.

Highlight changes from build 1.6 include the further balancing of the game AI and, wait for it, improved audio for the wonderful little Lancia Delta S4 - adding real world audio to the car for the first time within the DiRT game franchise.

Other notable changes that come with the new build include the option for 'manual h-pattern' support within the game UI, a feature so very important to those players looking for realism when racing with older era cars within the game.

Build 1.6 Update Notes:

My Team:

• Resolved issue whereby players were seeing blank entries above their current Leaderboard standing.
  • Removed potential exploit that allowed for unlimited restarts in My Team Events.
  • Widened AI performance capabilities across several difficulty levels, making the jump in challenge feel less dramatic.
Cars:
  • Updated engine audio for Lancia Delta S4, based on new real-world audio data.
  • Adjusted headlight glass texture on the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI.
  • Added night time dashboard illumination to the Porsche 911 SC RS.
  • Miscellaneous fixes and adjustments to damage models of multiple cars.
AI:
  • Adjusted AI performance on Night Rally Stages.
  • Adjusted AI performance during Wet Rallycross Events.
  • Adjusted AI performance to better simulate tyre wear during Events with long distances between Service Areas.
Visuals:
  • Fixed issue regarding tyre marks not appearing on certain surfaces.
  • Adjusted rain effects for better visibility when using interior camera views.
  • Reduced excessive dirt kick-up at Biķernieki, Riga (Latvia RX).
Audio:
  • Resolved issue where rain audio would cut out on longer Stages.
  • Resolved issue where ambient sounds would cut out in Service Areas.
  • Fixed multiple issues with co-driver calls on Germany Rally Stages.
UI/UX:
  • Added support for “Manual H-Pattern or Manual Sequential” to transmission options.
  • Added support for “Manual H-Pattern with Clutch or Manual Sequential” to transmission options.
  • Improved animations of certain Engine Mapping Upgrade unlock notificiations.
  • Added subtitles to Biķernieki, Riga (Latvia RX) introductory video.
  • Minor fixes to Brazilian Portuguese translations during loading screens.
Miscellaneous:
  • Improvements to Location loading times (Steam version only).
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Germany Rally.
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Argentina Rally.
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Poland Rally.
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Hell, Lånkebanen (Norway RX).
  • Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Biķernieki, Riga (Latvia RX).
  • General stability improvements and minor bug-fixes throughout the game.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For news and discussions regarding DiRT 2.0, head over to the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the discussion today.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
What a joke of a game. Got dirt rally and soon gave up. No manual or clutch support and **** ffb. Can't believe they fooled everyone again to get dirt 2 with all the same issues! Feels unplayable with a dd wheel.

What a joke of a game. Got dirt rally and soon gave up. No manual or clutch support and **** ffb. Can't believe they fooled everyone again to get dirt 2 with all the same issues! Feels unplayable with a dd wheel.

First, Dirt Rally 2.0 has ALWAYS supported sequential transmissions and manual H transmissions WITH clutch. They just patched in the ability to default to manual sequential transmissions where it was more appropriate to do so.

Second, the force feedback in Dirt Rally 2.0 is far better than the force feedback in Dirt Rally 1.0 and especially good on direct drive wheels (including the Accuforce Pro V2); however, you do need to be able to fine tune the force feedback to suit your individual taste.

So, have you turned off all assists (if not, you'll get some rather odd behavior since traction control and stability control aren't really conducive to dirt racing)?

Which cars are you having difficulty driving?

And, finally which direct drive wheel do you have?

Other users like myself might be able to suggest settings to help.

Second, the force feedback in Dirt Rally 2.0 is far better than the force feedback in Dirt Rally 1.0 and especially good on direct drive wheels (including the Accuforce Pro V2)

The effects which are there are better than in DR1, but the missing tire friction is a deal breaker for me. Not feeling anything when wheels spin or are locked, nothing when locking brakes (nothing while braking in general, I can't even know if I don't brake enough or if I've locked the wheels, in both cases the car doesn't lose enough speed and doesn't want to turn, without any feedback in the wheel) , nothing when spinning wheels at the start for example, nothing when putting a bit too much throttle on turn exit on dirt, you just see the trajectory widening and understand your wheels are spinning too much, you don't feel it in the wheel and so can't react accordingly.

We also don't feel weight transfert, or not much (very noticeable under braking, while weight transfert is quite big on dirt with soft springs).

I understand (to some extent) that some people don't drive in the same way I am and don't even notice that, but for people who drive mainly by reacting to the FFB, it's a deal breaker.

I wanted badly to play this game, I just can't appreciate it right now and am just waiting since almost 5 months. At this point I've more hope on Fanatec eventually implementing the ability to plug the FFB on the telemetry, like in Sim Commander, to be able to enjoy this game one day or another...

It's terrible to see the how long it takes for Codemasters to fix simple bugs. For example, the inaccurate headlights of the Evo VI were reported and "hotfixed" by the community back in March. The FFB is still a mess, and some of the stages copied and sold again from Dirt Rally have technical issues that didn't exist in the first game (Monte Carlo object hitboxes).

And now, as GRID is soon to be released, the hope for any updates for this unfinished game dwindles, as both games are done by the same crew. By the way, Codemasters already announced the DLC plans for their upcoming game, guess what, IT'S THE BELOVED SEASON MODEL AGAIN! Prepare your wallets to buy content that was already in Grid Autosport!

And all of this because of Codemasters' financial mismanagement in the past years, especially the signing of many ex-Evolution Games employees who were all fired after Onrush (a game nobody has ever asked for) flopped.

Basically i am fine so far with the actual ffb. Only thing is they reset the ffb force value after every bigger update to 1.0. In my case i have to rise it up to 4.0 on my TS-PC to get better feeling of the force.
It will be fine when the imrpove now the tarmac surface. After Germany relaese its better but some small potholes or cracks in the tarmac would add more immersion about the surface whre we drive on. Escpaccially in Spain it feels like we drive on a desk....
And i am happy about Wales.... now we need Greece and Finnland. This would be a good round up.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%