DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Monte Update.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 has been updated today, and now includes the Monte Carlo Rally.

Having received the first new rally location since releasing on PC and console back on February 29th, DiRT Rally 2.0 by Codemasters has also had a small update applied to the title as the development team look to respond to the wave of feedback received since first shipping out the much awaiting sequel to the impressive DiRT Rally of 2015.

Of course new content is often likely to take the headlines, and even though Monte Carlo is a returning location from the original title, much work has been undertaken by Codemasters to bring the rally up to the new standards both graphically and technologically. Featuring graphically enhanced stages (as can be seen in the Monte Carlo Rally previews here) and the latest stage deformation features that have come to DiRT Rally 2.0, the "new" event should hopefully offer a suitably changed experience to make it a worthwhile experiences for players of the earlier title.

Update 1.2.1 Notes
  • My Team Special Events issues fixed
  • We've fixed not receiving input from unofficial devices (without re-connecting the device after press start)
  • Special liveries and Monte Carlo Rally unlocked for Deluxe Edition players on Steam. These will unlock for PlayStation and Xbox players at midnight local time
Ok, we have to admit that isn't exactly an overwhelming amount of changes that Codemasters have brought with the new build, however it has been stated by the developer that they are continuing to listen to community feedback as they develop further enhancements for the game. Some of the most vocal feedback has been around the FFB implementation within the title, and Codemasters have confirmed they have acknowledged this complaint, and are continuing to investigate possible solutions that they hope to release in the near future.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for PC and console now.

For more from the world of the DiRT series of games, be sure to check out our DiRT Series sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Cool, more content that I won't use till the ffb and physics are fixed.
Sadly, Forza Horizon 4 feels better than this title with a wheel.
I totally Agree!! I honestly think the Physics and the FFB already there in DR2 is pretty good, but just missing alot. Maybe it was designed to be this way, but it can still be and should be "fixed", improved, whatever. And I'd just rather play Forza H 4, or a number of other great racing games with decent FFB instead. BTW, Forza 7 FFB has improved in the last few months, and is better then ever.

Why isn't there enough WRC8 coverage here? There was a big livestream a week ago, and team vvv has hands on the alpha, and it seems very promising so far. If they bothered about analog handbrake, there's a chance they bothered about other improvements. And stages are fantastically made.

Enough ?

The coverage from RD is completely zero !
Says more about RD than WRC 8 ;)

Last edited:
I edited device_defines and FFB is already fixed for me, i can feel the weight, bumps and colisions, i'm using a G920 on PC. The only remain problem is that tarmac physics are completely ****ed up, mainly at spain.

Tarmac sections in other locations doesn't feel that bad.

I haven't played Forza, but Spain stages tarmac feels so bad that you're probably right.
DON'T LIE NOTING IS FIX BY EDITING DEVICE_DEFINES!iT'S PROBLEM WITH CORE FFB.CAUSE MY ACCUFORCE WITH SIM COMMANDER 4 USING VIA FOUNDATION FEEDBACK GETING REALLY BUMPS AND ALL FEEDBACK LIKE IT WAS IN DIRT RALLY 1 BUT IF I USE MY WHEEL WITHOUT FOUNDATION FFB IS SUCKED NO MATER WHAT SO DONT MISSLEAD THE PEOPLE AND MAKE THEM GO CRAZY TO SEARCH WHAT THEY DID WRONG WHY THEY DONT HAVE GOOD FFB!YOU TROLL!!!!

I totally Agree!! I honestly think the Physics and the FFB already there in DR2 is pretty good, but just missing alot. Maybe it was designed to be this way, but it can still be and should be "fixed", improved, whatever. And I'd just rather play Forza H 4, or a number of other great racing games with decent FFB instead. BTW, Forza 7 FFB has improved in the last few months, and is better then ever.
NO !PHYSICS SENDING TO SIM COMANDER GOOD SIGNAL IF IM USING FOUNDATION FFB SO THEY 100% NOT DESIGN LIKE THAT!ALSO LOOK IF THEY DESIGN WHY SLIP ETC ARE GREY NOT WHITE?ITS VERY CLEAR THEY DID SOMETHING WRONG!AND ITS COULD BE WILL BE NEVER FIX IF IT NEED TO REDONE HALF WORK ON GAME,SURE CODEMASTERS WILL NEVER BOTHER ABOUT IT!SO SECOND OPTION WANT GOOD FFB DIRECT DRIVE WILL NOT SAVE YOU ONLY IF IT'S ACCUFORCE.CAUSE ACCUFORCE CAN GET FFB DIRECT FROM THE PHYSICS!

DON'T LIE NOTING IS FIX BY EDITING DEVICE_DEFINES!iT'S PROBLEM WITH CORE FFB.CAUSE MY ACCUFORCE WITH SIM COMMANDER 4 USING VIA FOUNDATION FEEDBACK GETING REALLY BUMPS AND ALL FEEDBACK LIKE IT WAS IN DIRT RALLY 1 BUT IF I USE MY WHEEL WITHOUT FOUNDATION FFB IS SUCKED NO MATER WHAT SO DONT MISSLEAD THE PEOPLE AND MAKE THEM GO CRAZY TO SEARCH WHAT THEY DID WRONG WHY THEY DONT HAVE GOOD FFB!YOU TROLL!!!!
There is another guy here confirming this trick worked for his G29 too..you might be doing something wrong, you must put the extra lines in the same line of your wheel model.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/g920-ffb-fix.166553/

There is another guy here confirming this trick worked for his G29 too..you might be doing something wrong, you must put the extra lines in the same line of your wheel model.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/g920-ffb-fix.166553/

Bro sorry don't wanna be rude but I don't need that working good not working also good cause im not using dirt rally in game ffb!im using ffb direct from the physic and ffb even better then dirt rally 1!but for most people is bad !So if people like you lie codemasters will not fix ffb and then you will lose cause I have good ffb via sim commander.Im sorry for those people who don't have that option!Well also we can't compare g29 with direct drive!Might be me wrong and for your wheel this is good ffb sorry din't think about it.

Last edited:
Nah. After more than 6 months driving IRL in iced and snowy conditions, and all the conditions with mixed tarmac and ice/snow, the feeling is similar at first glance, but something is really wrong with inertia speeds. The slide on ice can sometimes be induced quickly, but you don't end up backwards in split second even on half-ice and half-tarmac. This is happening much slower.
Still feel that the grip is some kind of artificially upped. And snow on the roads doesn't mean no feedback on wheel, it's actually where all the rattling should begin.
USA stages still feel the best for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back