DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Update 1.10 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 fans have something new to enjoy the next time they start the game - build 1.10 is here and packed full of (yet to be released) content.

The new build of DiRT Rally 2.0 dropped yesterday on both console and PC versions of the game, and as usual, the update contains a number of larger and smaller fixes for the rally simulation as well as loading up the title with new content - each item of which is set to be made available in the game over the course of the next few weeks.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Update 1.jpg

Firstly the build update itself. In 1.10 Codemasters have looked to bring some improvements to the core game experience, including some much appreciated attention to the VR optimisation of the title, and the list of changes look pretty solid it has to be said.

Headline improvements include the aforementioned VR optimisations - which should bring a healthy performance improvement for players of the Steam version of the title, plus it is worth noting some of the optimisations and improvements that have been made to the broadcasting portion of the game - something that will doubtless prove to be useful for those looking to stream their rallying adventures to a wider audience.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Update 2.jpg

Regards to content, we already have the new Golf and 206 to enjoy, however the game now has several pieces of upcoming content loaded into the core code - ready and waiting for those who wish to purchase (or already own one of the various special editions / season pass packages). Included in these locked pieces of content is the much anticipated Finland rally, one of the all time classic events and a redevelopment of the previous incarnation from DiRT Rally (arguments about the logic of this DLC strategy can commence later...).

In terms of the more minor but nevertheless welcome improvements, Codies have made a fresh pass on plenty of the car and stage content, adding some minor fixes and updates where required - details of which can be seen in the full change log notes below.

DiRT 2.0 Update Notes:

Content:

• New Location: Jämsä, Finland - Available November 5 (Season 3)
  • New Location: Killarney International Raceway, South Africa - Available November 19 (Season 4)
  • New Location: Lydden Hill, UK - Available December 3 (Season 4)
  • New Liveries: Season 3, Stage 3 - Available November 5 (Season 3)
  • New Liveries: Season 4, Stage 1 - Available December 3 (Season 4)
VR:
  • Optimised overall SteamVR performance, to match that of Oculus SDK.
  • Reassigned Oculus SDK preset graphics settings, to use VR config file (same file used by SteamVR in previous versions).

Microsoft Store PC version:
  • Added ability to change game language.

Achievements:
  • New Achievement: Finnesse - Roll your car and continue in Finland.
  • New Achievement: Flying Finn - Get airborne 100 times in Finland.
  • New Achievement: Greece Lightning - Win an Event in Greece by over a minute with Hardcore Damage enabled.
  • New Achievement: Have a Break - Buy a Kitcar.
  • Past & Present: Resolved issue where Achievement would not unlock when a player retires from the final Event.

Locations:
  • Ribadelles, Spain: Adjusted sunset time on loading screen.
  • Ribadelles, Spain: Corrected specific pace note in Italian language.
  • Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi: Adjusted various Track Reset lines
    (note: Leaderboards will be reset for this Location during update rollout).
  • Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi: Resolved issue where black boxes were appearing behind cars at Dusk.
  • Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi: Made numerous minor improvements and bug fixes.
  • Estering, Germany: Added spotter callout reminder for final lap, if the player has not yet taken their Joker.
  • Powys, Wales: Resolved issue where dust-based visual effects were not appearing when player rejoined track.

Cars:
  • BMW M2 Competition: Added ability to repair Turbo components in My Team.
  • Peugeot 206 Rally: Added exhaust flame visual effects.

Audio:
  • Volkswagen Golf Kitcar: Updated exhaust audio.
  • Added ability to disable post-Stage comments at Finish Line.
  • Resolved issue where audio was missing from internal camera views in Time Trial.
  • Resolved issue where podium crowd audio was too quiet after winning Rallycross Finals.

Broadcast Mode:
  • Added ability to use Trackside cameras.
  • Added ability to select a specific player to spectate and follow through multiple Stages/Races.
  • Made numerous minor improvements and bug fixes.

Clubs:
  • Added UI indicator to show if a Championship has enabled Hardcore Damage setting.
  • Added UI indicator to show if a Championship has enabled Force Cockpit Camera setting.
  • Added UI indicator to show if a Championship has enabled Allow Assists setting.

Hardware:
  • Ensured that Handbrake Deadzone and Handbrake Saturation settings work correctly across all game modes.
  • Added input reporting slider for when players are configuring handbrake settings.

My Team:
  • Corrected UI display of Staff members in My Team after a player resets their RaceNet data.

Miscellaneous:
  • Made several minor bug-fixes throughout title.
  • Made several minor stability improvements throughout title.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Update 3.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available on PC, Xbox One and PS4 now.

Follow the latest DiRTy happenings at the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - the place to be for the latest news and discussions regarding the current Codemasters rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

• Deleted member 197115

(arguments about the logic of this DLC strategy can commence later...) .
TBH, I still don't understand how and how much to buy the full game.
This will give you full game at 40% discount, deal expires in 14 hours

Kind of dick-move to put the Super Deluxe edition into 40% sale (54 euros) but not discount the upgrade from Deluxe to Super Deluxe (Seasons 3+4 pack). Which is still 30 euros, which is too much. Punishing early adopters
If you look at the break down of this package, the discount comes from the main game and season 1+2. Season 3+4 are still 30€ as well. Black Friday and Christmas sales are coming, fingers crossed...:)

Does someone have a problem when the car does not move. I bound all the buttons correctly and everything was fine before this update. Not the car just stands still even though I could shift, rev etc.

Does someone have a problem when the car does not move. I bound all the buttons correctly and everything was fine before this update. Not the car just stands still even though I could shift, rev etc.
Hi!
I don't know if this the situation, but for you start the race, you have to hold the handbreak.
Sorry if this isn't your issue, it's just that it took some time to figure it out.
Cheers :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years