DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0: Season One - Stage Three Trailer Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Germany Trailer.jpg

A new trailer featuring the next batch of content coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 is here.

The stages of Germany will be the next DLC content drop for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 this month, coming in alongside the 2007 Ford Focus RS Rally and the Japanese might of the Subaru Impreza - one of the most iconic brands from the history of the World Rally Championship, and the manufacturer that helped make the name of the original DiRT Rally cover star - none other than 1995 WRC Champion Colin McRae.

The German rally and two new cars will be released during May and will be sold as separate items for standard edition players of the game. Deluxe Edition owners will be eligible to download the new content as part of their DiRT 2.0 Season Pass.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I never understand people moaning about "recycled" content, I mean it's not a direct copy and paste they have updated it with higher res textures and the likes, personally I don't mind recycled content as it's better than no content, what I do mind however is them not actually fixing the game.

If the game itself was in a good state less people would complain about the DLC but it's in a poor state so this DLC roadmap they had even before the release of the game is just a kick in the teeth.

People also seem to forget DLC is optional, or maybe they just forgot what optional means who knows.

If they released the old content in the base game, everyone would whine there was no new stuff and it's all recycled.

If they release old content in the new game as optional (DLC) then it's a chance to get more in the new game at your own choice.

If you truly think that "almost no work went into them" then you have zero idea on how game dev works and somehow don't see the old/new screenshots.

If they released the old content in the base game, everyone would whine there was no new stuff and it's all recycled.

If they release old content in the new game as optional (DLC) then it's a chance to get more in the new game at your own choice.

If you truly think that "almost no work went into them" then you have zero idea on how game dev works and somehow don't see the old/new screenshots.
Let’s face it: everyone would whine, no matter what codemasters would do lmao

While this OP is still about Season One content, Season two will probably be Rally-cross tracks, it seems a bit off, to still be adding to the 2018 season track list of an officially licensed game via paid DLC content.

Sadly the upcoming DLC 'seasons' for DR2 seem to go on like this. For example the sound for a new Kit Car (Nissan Primera) was recorded by Codemasters while the Seat Ibiza and Peugeot 306 Maxi Kit Cars disappeared after Dirt 4. It seems to follow the common theme behind Codemaster's strategy with DLC cars, they were doing the same with the Group B RWD's and 2000's WRC cars: Remove a class from the game and re-enter it while adding a sole all-new car.

Last edited:
Sadly the upcoming DLC 'seasons' for DR2 seem to go on like this. For example the sound for a new Kit Car (Nissan Primera) was recorded by Codemasters while the Seat Ibiza and Peugeot 306 Maxi Kit Cars disappeared after Dirt 4. It seems to follow the common theme behind Codemaster's strategy with DLC cars, they were doing the same with the Group B RWD's and 2000's WRC cars: Remove a class from the game and re-enter it while adding a sole all-new car.

Except there were no fewer cars in this release than there were in the previous game, yet all these cars were not in it..... so we're getting more cars total, but you're not being made to get them. Seems like a win to me.

Looks like there will be more (remastered) stages at some point (after Germany):

https://steamdb.info/app/690790/depots/

There's 9 unnamed depot IDs that say "Location DLC". From Location 17 into Location 25. We know that three rallycross tracks are coming, but that leaves 6 of something else. Probably remastered Finland, Wales and Greece, but it still leaves 3 more. (For Pikes Peak they don't have license anymore)

I don't mind the remasters actually, I prefer the physics over Dirt Rally 1, and like someone said F1 games have same tracks every year too (these are 1:1 real life stages, in case someone didn't know). The graphics are also much better, and it's reasonably priced

At first I scoffed at the idea of re-warmed DLC, but Sweden and Monte Carlo are really much better than they used to be in Dirt Rally 1. Monte Carlo especially, but Sweden looks better and the snow banks don't grab you annoyingly anymore (while they are still punishing)

I've grown used to the FFB, and Dirt Rally 2.0 is simply the best rally sim that exists (sorry RBR, you have the personality but not the looks... so you will be friendzoned). Tarmac is a bit bad but still, all new and remastered content is very welcomed

Last edited:
The WRC games had the same locations year after year (with a few exceptions) and F1 games are mostly the same tracks year after year, so why is this a problem? The DLC is optional. And the tracks look way better now
They also work much better from the physics. On snow they use studded tyres, which should provide the best grip on loose surface like it does in DR2. On Monte you have to use this winter tyres to get some grip on both the tarmac and snow/ice, which was just totally wrong in DR judging from real onboards. Seems they nailed it in DR2:thumbsup:.

It's easy, you shouldn't buy DLC content from Codemasters, the base game is fine.
If you like the base game, you should buy Monte Carlo at least. I think it can be purchased separately? It's my favourite stage now, including the new 2.0 stages. Because the ice patches have new physics, and they act totally believable (unlike Dirt Rally 1) which makes it the most challenging/varied stage in the game

I'll be waiting patiently to get this game for over 75% off. No way I'm paying full price for recycled content.

Well, maybe if Pikes Peak made a surprise appearance regardless of Polyphony Digital.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%