DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0: Season One - Stage Three Trailer Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Germany Trailer.jpg

A new trailer featuring the next batch of content coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 is here.

The stages of Germany will be the next DLC content drop for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 this month, coming in alongside the 2007 Ford Focus RS Rally and the Japanese might of the Subaru Impreza - one of the most iconic brands from the history of the World Rally Championship, and the manufacturer that helped make the name of the original DiRT Rally cover star - none other than 1995 WRC Champion Colin McRae.

The German rally and two new cars will be released during May and will be sold as separate items for standard edition players of the game. Deluxe Edition owners will be eligible to download the new content as part of their DiRT 2.0 Season Pass.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

FFB update coming in 1-2 weeks:

5e74728f48e5a9ca0f10d64857242036.png

Not sure if DR 2.0 owners should be happy or afraid
I personally don't care thanks to Sim Commander and they probably will improve it, but there's no reason why this is coming so late and not already with release. From my setup i know that everything the people are missing are part of the telemetry from day one. Should maybe take an hour to fix this and certainly not months.

I personally don't care thanks to Sim Commander and they probably will improve it, but there's no reason why this is coming so late and not already with release. From my setup i know that everything the people are missing are part of the telemetry from day one. Should maybe take an hour to fix this and certainly not months.

Yeah. I was aware of the SC4 thing. Due to that it indeed feels weird that it takes so long. SC4 however affects very small group of people, so they better nail this. (And include sliders, not force it on everyone, in case it's actually somehow worse)

Yeah. I was aware of the SC4 thing. Due to that it indeed feels weird that it takes so long. SC4 however affects very small group of people, so they better nail this. (And include sliders, not force it on everyone, in case it's actually somehow worse)
I was more referring to the SimVibe-roadeffects in DR2 and DR/D4 before. Adding those to the FFB seems obligatory and there is a slider for it since day 1, but greyed out and really not working. Getting the FFB like with the Accuforce is certainly not a work of an hour and it took years of updates and small improvements i can tell.

Since Codemasters feels like they made it accurate first, maybe they give use an artistic license slider that adds effects for wheel spin, and wheel slide that we can add to their existing FFB sound track.

You can add some of this with transducers, but it's not as good as doing it in the wheel.

I do feel sorry for them given they tried to get FFB right based on real rally drivers. I understand that sim drivers want more than real life in the wheel.

However using that same process for physics is what we all want. Getting the physics right really does matter.

It's great that they are listening, and like many others I haven't tried it out yet because I'm only set up to drive in VR, but I want to encourage them constructively and not just bash them.

Last edited:
So you want to "encourage them constructively and not just bash them" to get the physics right...but you haven't even experienced the current physics yourself...

Yeah, that makes perfect sense...

So you want to "encourage them constructively and not just bash them" to get the physics right...but you haven't even experienced the current physics yourself...

Yeah, that makes perfect sense...

Can you reread that? Maybe I wrote it in a confusing way, because I think you got it backwards.

I wasn't suggesting anything was wrong with the physics. Everything I've heard is that they are pretty darn good :) I look forward to trying them out this summer!

My point was that people are complaining about their FFB BECAUSE it is supposed to be realistic based on the input of real drivers, BUT people want more detail than is realistic. And I was trying to say that we should be happy that they made the physics right based on the input of real drivers. That is a good thing.

I'm not complaining about anything. As you said I haven't experienced Dirt Rally 2.0 yet. I'm still loving Dirt Rally 1.0 at the moment.

Now my only concern is that I have a Valve Index ordered and my Rift is promised to my daughter. So I'm hoping that like Dirt Rally 1.0 I'll be able to run Dirt Rally 2.0 in SteamVR. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing