DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0: Season One - Stage Three Trailer Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Germany Trailer.jpg

A new trailer featuring the next batch of content coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 is here.

The stages of Germany will be the next DLC content drop for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 this month, coming in alongside the 2007 Ford Focus RS Rally and the Japanese might of the Subaru Impreza - one of the most iconic brands from the history of the World Rally Championship, and the manufacturer that helped make the name of the original DiRT Rally cover star - none other than 1995 WRC Champion Colin McRae.

The German rally and two new cars will be released during May and will be sold as separate items for standard edition players of the game. Deluxe Edition owners will be eligible to download the new content as part of their DiRT 2.0 Season Pass.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

They did not. In the comparison screenshots of the Monaco stages the Dirt 1 settings were clearly set to low to create the impression of an improvement.
That should tell you all you need to know to avoid this cashgrab.

That is true, the DR1 comparison screenshots were on low. But after seeing both games on my PC, I can confirm that it looks better than DR1. Quite noticeably better

Last edited:
Cool, more Dirt Rally 1 content as paid DLC, exactly what the game needs. Not decent FFB, or Racenet that doesn't randomly reset your career, or fixing some of the million bugs and oversights the game has.
All true but the FFB part, FFB is very good, if you're talking about not responding or something like that, you have an option in FFB settings "Tire"(or suspension) something, i don't remember correctly, if you put it in 0% FFB will work WONDERS

No, they're not. DR 1 tarmac physics were more believeable than DR 2.0..
They are both garbage, tarmac-wise. DR 2.0 just slightly less annoying, peculiar feeling garbage. I wouldn't use the word "believable" in the same sentence, not even same book

DR 2.0 cars on tarmac are floaty, and steer from the rear. DR 1 cars on tarmac have weird, abrupt grip and tyre slip behavior and FFB, that makes no damn sense coming from any real circuit simulator. DR1 tarmac is simply unpleasant to drive. DR2 is not, it's just "lol that's not right but ok"

On loose surface the difference is day and night, in favor of DR2. And since game is mostly about that, DR2 has IMO clearly better physics, as a whole

Last edited:
Hi guys !

I will repeat as a wheel user (Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer with TA3-PA Pro pedals set) again and again... when some reasonable FFB will be well implemented in this game, I could give some reasonable thoughts about physics in "Dirt Rally 2.0".

Cheers ! ;)

DR1 tarmac is simply unpleasant to drive. DR2 is not, it's just "lol that's not right but ok"
I feel exactly the opposite..i hate that steer from the rear feeling of DR 2.0.

Anyway i play SLRE, that's real tarmac.

On loose surface the difference is day and night, in favor of DR2. And since game is mostly about that, DR2 has IMO clearly better physics, as a whole

Yeah loose surfaces are good in both games, even better in DR 2.0.

You must be kidding, have you tried SLRE tarmac stages? Have you driven a car IRL?
The key "Foundation (Telemetry-driven) FFB" provided by SimCommander (AccuForce system). It really does work wonders for the Dirt-series FFB although, SimXperience has said that not all effects are currently available (DR2) due to some issues with the way CM implemented the API.

Recent Quote from Berney (SimXperience):
Currently, we are working with Codemasters to get their latest API working as it does in Dirt 4. Unfortunately, we're not quite there yet and are still using the older ExtraData=3 option. The changes we've made so far are simply to better work within the confines of the ExtraData=3 telemetry set. There is no detailed change log available.

Unfortunately, developers are not always responsive to the non-main-stream hardware vendors so who knows if this ever gets addressed. Even if it does, it will only likely benefit AccuForce / SimVibe & motion users.

The key "Foundation (Telemetry-driven) FFB" provided by SimCommander (AccuForce system). It really does work wonders for the Dirt-series FFB although, SimXperience has said that not all effects are currently available (DR2) due to some issues with the way CM implemented the API.

I dont know what you're talking about, i'm talking about physics not forcefeedback.

Also, default forcefeedback works fine for me, adding a command line to devices_define (something like that) fixed the FFB for my G920.

Also, it doesn't matter how good the FFB is, if the physics are ****ed up.

Why are people even still wasting their time with Bruno? I just don't understand. I mean you can literally find him in news threads about every sim in existence complaining about how bad that specific sim is. Reliable as a clockwork. (There's several people like him, to be fair.)

Why are people even still wasting their time with Bruno? I just don't understand. I mean you can literally find him in news threads about every sim in existence complaining about how bad that specific sim is. Reliable as a clockwork. (There's several people like him, to be fair.)
Haha, like me with FFB - it's mental, I know. To be fair though, there are titles where I absolutely adore the FFB. I do get the point about DR-series tarmac physics; it's never been a strong point of the series, nothing remotely like other Sim-titles.

I find it more difficult to judge physics if the FFB is wonky (DR2-FFB qualifies) in fact, I'm miles off the pace in Dirt Rally 2 whereas, I'm generally fairly competitive in Rally titles and RallyX.

I installed RBR yesterday - just to give that a go again. What a great title that still is; the FFB is not perfect for me but, far better than DR2. The Physics seem pretty convincing. I just need to get my motion rig working with it and dial in the VR and I can get my Rally-stage fix for quite some time. The audio leaves a lot to be desired though; CM does that really, really well. :)

Seems you have problems to accept other opinions and even deny other experiences. I only judge physics from real onboards and the Loeb-style works good enough for me in DR2...
Look at how that car slides trough those corners.

Seriously, it's not bad, it's RIDICULOUS.

Now look at this, that's tarmac.

I mean, i don't know how to explain why it is better. I just know, that i have drived many cars IRL on tarmac. And what i feel IRL is what i feel in SLRE.

What i feel in DR 2.0 has nothing do to with real life.

Last edited:
So you are comparing a WRC-AWD-car with a GT4-spec Porsche in DR2 driving with all kind of assists. You have not a f clue about DR2 and the AWD-cars are all rather similar in driving behavior to your this Loeb game. Better learn a bit about car physics itself and the difference between rear-engine RWD vs front-engine AWD.

So you are comparing a WRC-AWD-car with a GT4-spec Porsche in DR2 driving with all kind of assists. You have not a f clue about DR2 and the AWD-cars are all rather similar in driving behavior to your this Loeb game. Better learn a bit about car physics itself and the difference between rear-engine RWD vs front-engine AWD.
Ok, keep paying for old content as dlcs to bugmasters and playing that arcade garbage.

Ok, keep paying for old content as dlcs to bugmasters and playing that arcade garbage.
Again, the biggest problem in DR2 is not the physics on tarmac, it's these overpowered assists that enables pure arcade handling and is just the fastest way to play this game. Even on short stages i'm loosing half a minute compare to people using this legal cheats and a game with online-competition shouldn't work like that. But I'm not using cheats and already enjoyed 100 hours game-play in career. That's 50 cent per hour and dropping. If you can't afford to pay for a game, don't spam the threads with your stupid comments.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back