DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0: Season One - Stage Three Trailer Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Germany Trailer.jpg

A new trailer featuring the next batch of content coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 is here.

The stages of Germany will be the next DLC content drop for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 this month, coming in alongside the 2007 Ford Focus RS Rally and the Japanese might of the Subaru Impreza - one of the most iconic brands from the history of the World Rally Championship, and the manufacturer that helped make the name of the original DiRT Rally cover star - none other than 1995 WRC Champion Colin McRae.

The German rally and two new cars will be released during May and will be sold as separate items for standard edition players of the game. Deluxe Edition owners will be eligible to download the new content as part of their DiRT 2.0 Season Pass.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Having just recently purchased the 'Deluxe' version of Dirt Rally 2 I am more than happy with it, and although there is less fine FFB detail on the gravel stages (to me just fine vibrations, which can lead to extra wear and tear on my wheel)...this does not bother me personally as the Physics to me feel great on my TS XW Racer once adjusted the settings to what Martin Fiala suggested for his T300...I have not needed to change anything:D...overall I am personally enjoying the DR2 experience and do not mind at all if Codemasters place all the Tracks from Dirt Rally 1 into Dirt Rally 2 as I thought DR1 was a 'Tech Demo' anyway just to get customer feed back to see if it would sell....would especially like if the 'Greece' stages...oh, and 'Wales'....might as well throw in 'Finland as well'...lol
Biting off more than I can handle with these group of cars...LOL...Rally GT at various Tracks
1 DIRT RALLY 2 RALLY GT PORSCHE copy.jpg
3 DIRT RALLY 2 RALLY GT PORSCHE copy.jpg
4 DIRT RALLY 2 RALLY GT MUSTANG copy.jpg
6 DIRT RALLY 2 RALLY GT MUSTANG copy.jpg
8 DIRT RALLY 2 RALLY GT CAMERO copy.jpg
9 DIRT RALLY 2 RALLY GT CAMERO copy.jpg
9d DIRT RALLY 2 RALLY GT ASTON copy.jpg
9a DIRT RALLY 2 RALLY GT ASTON copy.jpg

Last edited:
If that's the case (it isn't, but let's just say it is), then just don't buy it, you're not missing anything (apparently), problem solved.

Some people really feel the need to complain just for the sake of complaining.

maybe by ''complaining'' said community would stop accepting this kind of practise and give CM a message.

But i guess riding the flow and forming a single view is better and gets more views/likes.

Dirt 2.0 is a rip off and no matter if its personal choice spending money or simply lack of critical thinking the outcome is one and the same.

Despite knowning the DLC plans ppl still got the game. Im sorry but thats not a conscious consumer no matter what you tell me.

Keep giving them money and enjoy less for more.

Having a differing opinion in 2019 is seen as mental illness.

The world, today.

Is that what it was? A differing opinion? Weird, I would've sworn he was basically saying anyone who likes what he likes is a brainless moron who doesn't know what he's doing. But I guess he was just "having a differing opinion" and this is how "differing opinions" are now expressed.

Dirt 2.0 is a rip off and no matter if its personal choice spending money or simply lack of critical thinking the outcome is one and the same.

Despite knowning the DLC plans ppl still got the game. Im sorry but thats not a conscious consumer no matter what you tell me.

Keep giving them money and enjoy less for more.

I’m yet to turn a corner, still waiting for the FFB they promised which would be with the next, next, next update?...lost how many! Why can’t we get a Rally Sim worthy of a benchmark, one that has FFB equal or better of AssettoCorsa/Competitizone, AutoMobilista and on going DLC with real Rally stages, one that doesn’t take 12 months to remove bugs and glitches, hillclimbs, realistic graphics, seperate downloadable pace notes, with cars sounding roar and spitting flames and backfires?...am I dreaming? Am I asking too much?

Careful now, you're bordering on the line of blatantly whinging and not just blindly accepting what the developers of these magnificent products give you. You're lucky you're getting anything at all, after all.......

They're lucky people still send them money you mean?

People are way too forgiving these days when faced with shady marketing/business practices cause most of them are addicted sheep.

Sadly, the minority that isn't pays the price for the lack of "thinking before acting" of the masses. Dirt Rally 1 was a brilliant model with a price that increased like ACC and no paid DLC.

Dirt Rally 2 is not only more expensive, has expensive DLC, is worse in parts but better in some and has recycled content.

Now, if people don't see the problem with that, then yes, you won't understand why people don't buy into this and certainly don't see why people don't buy the whole "you're lucky to get anything at all" argument, which imo is just an opinion and not an argument.

If that's the case (it isn't, but let's just say it is), then just don't buy it, you're not missing anything (apparently), problem solved.

Some people really feel the need to complain just for the sake of complaining.
Kind of like how you could just not read the complaints, problem solved. But yet here you are complaining about the posts.

You are aware that complaining about someone else complaining is still complaining, right? The last line is absolutely hilarious coming from someone who is literally complaining about someone making a post you don't like to read, on a forum. I mean, imagine! Someone making a post you don't like to read! What could possibly be a more better reason to complain?

Last edited:
I just bought this deluxe DLC a few days ago yet to try it out really hoping for this FFB update and preparing for my new wheel to come the Fanatec universal hub so can play it with a round wheel not this Esports is not the best for rally games quite tricky with the handbrake,
although I do not believe in adding the recycled content I still feel the extra content they have added is worth it the extra cost,
some surfaces I have no issues with my wheel and the actual torque on the motors is probably the smoothest I have ever felt in any game its mind blowing on this CSL PS4 base its like butter,
some surfaces its not even playable at all 0 feelings from the surfaces at all crash almost every other corner,
so ill sit patiently and hope for this new update regarding the FFB and wait for my new wheel to come most likely take 1 month like my base,
but again there priority should be fixing this lame FFB issues not concentrating on dishing out more DLC,
this game as so much potential I just hope to see it soon.

Can't the FF be fixed or improved with mods?
I had a quick look thinking the same thing, wondering if I could improve them even for myself,
its something inside the engine which is flawed the general feedback not something we could alter,
maybe with a lot of time and adjustments with the wheel and settings maybe you could get 5% better results,
really does need doing correctly by CM, not sure why its so bad some surfaces totally unplayable at all yet DR1 was fine.

Except there were no fewer cars in this release than there were in the previous game, yet all these cars were not in it..... so we're getting more cars total, but you're not being made to get them. Seems like a win to me.
I would argue that getting the same amount of content in a successor isn't laudable at all, it's the bare minimum you can expect. I really don't like the Project CARS games but what Slightly Mad Studios did content-wise from the first to second game should be the way to do it.

I never understand people moaning about "recycled" content, I mean it's not a direct copy and paste they have updated it with higher res textures and the likes, personally I don't mind recycled content as it's better than no content, what I do mind however is them not actually fixing the game.

If the game itself was in a good state less people would complain about the DLC but it's in a poor state so this DLC roadmap they had even before the release of the game is just a kick in the teeth.

People also seem to forget DLC is optional, or maybe they just forgot what optional means who knows.

As someone who is looking to buy this game within the next 6 months, what do you mean by "the game is in a poor state"?

Currently its un-drive-able on more than 70% of the tracks available,
so its kinda correct "poor state" I can agree with that statement.
That's completely BS, every track is drivable for me and a lot of others.
Of Course the game is not perfect, it can improve in many ways, but it's not in a poor state.

That's completely BS, every track is drivable for me and a lot of others.
Of Course the game is not perfect, it can improve in many ways, but it's not in a poor state.
Just saying about my own personal experience,
the tracks I 1st played Tarmac/Gravel felt not too bad, the actual torque with the wheel the FFB is out of this world insane by far the best currently on PC from the games I have played its just butter smooth you can swing on it, although with the good tracks the surfaces and vibratioin feedback through the wheel is somewhat vague which I do not mind too much,
but soon as you go to slippery surfaces, mud and very loose surfaces you come to a corner and just 0 feelings through the wheel from any surfaces its almost impossible to steer around the corners without drifting off the track,
read it how you want, all my equipment is brand new and thats how it drives for me,
maybe your using a Gembird vibrating wheel or something or a control pad idk idc,
I am not complaining the game and graphics is great, but the FFB issues destroy the enjoyment.

@CC
I couldn't write more and better than your previous posts, thanks a lot for translating all my feelings and thoughts. :thumbsup:
Anyway... since several weeks, I'm back on "Dirt Rally" with a tremendous pleasure and thrilling sensations.

Cheers ! ;)

Careful now, you're bordering on the line of blatantly whinging and not just blindly accepting what the developers of these magnificent products give you. You're lucky you're getting anything at all, after all.......

Now, if people don't see the problem with that, then yes, you won't understand why people don't buy into this and certainly don't see why people don't buy the whole "you're lucky to get anything at all" argument, which imo is just an opinion and not an argument.

You DO realise I was being sarcastic, yeah....? Not sure if the dislikes are for me being sarcastic or people not understanding the tone, but anyway, have fun with it either way!

Dirt Rally got me into sim racing. It is the reason why I own motion hardware, direct drive wheelbase, high end pedals, a Pimax VR headset, and the reason I BUILT A ROOM for his hobby. I might be $30K invested into this thing. It pains me to see such a potential for added content be wasted with 3 year old stages. DLC is not a problem if it's approached correctly. Some see the old stages in a new game as a good thing. In a way, it is. But in a sub genre even more niche than its overarching sim racing category, what an awful way of fulfilling the promise of offering ongoing rally locations to explore.

Personally, I was adding Dirt Rally 1's content to the sum of rally locations we get to race on. Now, instead of being 6 + 6 + potentially 6 more, we get 6 + 4.5 (I mean, the USA stages look the same, and Australia was already in Dirt 4, also we get 0 snow stages at launch) + 0 (recycled content already counted in the initial 6). Even with the lure of recouping additional revenue from an ongoing stream of content could not persuade CM from just doing the laziest things possible.

Higher quality textures? The game released 3 years ago, not 15.

You DO realise I was being sarcastic, yeah....? Not sure if the dislikes are for me being sarcastic or people not understanding the tone, but anyway, have fun with it either way!

Dirt Rally got me into sim racing. It is the reason why I own motion hardware, direct drive wheelbase, high end pedals, a Pimax VR headset, and the reason I BUILT A ROOM for his hobby. I might be $30K invested into this thing. It pains me to see such a potential for added content be wasted with 3 year old stages. DLC is not a problem if it's approached correctly. Some see the old stages in a new game as a good thing. In a way, it is. But in a sub genre even more niche than its overarching sim racing category, what an awful way of fulfilling the promise of offering ongoing rally locations to explore.

Personally, I was adding Dirt Rally 1's content to the sum of rally locations we get to race on. Now, instead of being 6 + 6 + potentially 6 more, we get 6 + 4.5 (I mean, the USA stages look the same, and Australia was already in Dirt 4, also we get 0 snow stages at launch) + 0 (recycled content already counted in the initial 6). Even with the lure of recouping additional revenue from an ongoing stream of content could not persuade CM from just doing the laziest things possible.

Higher quality textures? The game released 3 years ago, not 15.

Right, forgot about Internet 101

You tell you were "sarcastic" after you received opinions that differed from yours.

Pro tip: Next time, put an /s at the end, so everybody understands "how" you're saying something.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 218 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%