DiRT Rally 2.0 Dirt Rally 2.0 Review

Hey everyone,

I was fortunate to get access to the game a few days early, and used the chance to sink in some time to create a video review, based on having been a fan of the original game, as well as an avid player of AC, ACC, rFactor 2 etc.

This is my first attempt at posting anything meaningful to my personal YouTube channel, and if it goes well, I'm hoping to create a mini sim racing channel out of it, so would greatly appreciate any likes, comments and subs you guys want to add on YT.

Hope you enjoy, and get something out of it. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!

Good review. The improvements in handling and force feedback is what I'm more interested in from this new game. What really pisses me is the lack of modern WRC cars. Since I don't like old cars, most of the content in this sense is of no interest for me. The selection of stages isn't also very appealing to me. Also, don't you find the graphics too saturated? Those colors seems more suited for an arcade game. After watching some videos of Dirt Rally 2.0, I don't really see an improvement in the graphics from Dirt Rally. Even the dashboard graphics look a bit cartoonish. I'm also worried about the performance hit. I was about to buy a 1080 Ti in order to be able to play Dirt Rally with VR. If that card is just sufficient for that setup, I guess it will not be enough for Dirt Rally 2 when VR support is added. Finally, can you comment anything about control settings? Have they added or deleted controls compared to Dirt Rally? Also, can you control the menus with your keyboard or the buttons on your steering wheel?

Good review. The improvements in handling and force feedback is what I'm more interested in from this new game. What really pisses me is the lack of modern WRC cars. Since I don't like old cars, most of the content in this sense is of no interest for me. The selection of stages isn't also very appealing to me. Also, don't you find the graphics too saturated? Those colors seems more suited for an arcade game. After watching some videos of Dirt Rally 2.0, I don't really see an improvement in the graphics from Dirt Rally. Even the dashboard graphics look a bit cartoonish. I'm also worried about the performance hit. I was about to buy a 1080 Ti in order to be able to play Dirt Rally with VR. If that card is just sufficient for that setup, I guess it will not be enough for Dirt Rally 2 when VR support is added. Finally, can you comment anything about control settings? Have they added or deleted controls compared to Dirt Rally? Also, can you control the menus with your keyboard or the buttons on your steering wheel?

DIRT RALLY + DIRT 4 = DIRT RALLY 2.0

In my opinion Dirt Rally plus Dirt 4 is Dirt Rally 2.0.

My periphals is detected for this game very well without issues.

Fanatec ClubSport Base Wheel v.2.5
Fanatec ClubSport Porsche 918
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals v.3.0
Fanatec ClubSport Shifter v.1.5
Fanatec Clubsport HandBrake v.1.5

I have GeForce GTX1060 and DirtRally 2.0 works with 7680x1080 triple screen (UltraWide Screen_21:9 x 3) at 60Fps with Ultra Configuration Graphics.

If somebody want to buy this game do it.

I´m so happy with my Early Access of Dirt Rally 2.0 DELUXE.

DRTDXBOX

Thank you for watching!

Finally, can you comment anything about control settings? Have they added or deleted controls compared to Dirt Rally? Also, can you control the menus with your keyboard or the buttons on your steering wheel?

I didn't take note of any deleted controls, unless there were some esoteric controls in Dirt Rally which I never used. All the little things are still there, such as manual headlight control, wipers etc. You can control the menus with both keyboard and wheel.

@Ermz Thanks for that very "straight to the point" review...you covered all the key points that we were concerned about as owners of DR 1. I subscribed and look forward to more content like this. :thumbsup:

DIRT RALLY + DIRT 4 = DIRT RALLY 2.0

In my opinion Dirt Rally plus Dirt 4 is Dirt Rally 2.0.

My periphals is detected for this game very well without issues.

Fanatec ClubSport Base Wheel v.2.5
Fanatec ClubSport Porsche 918
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals v.3.0
Fanatec ClubSport Shifter v.1.5
Fanatec Clubsport HandBrake v.1.5

I have GeForce GTX1060 and DirtRally 2.0 works with 7680x1080 triple screen (UltraWide Screen_21:9 x 3) at 60Fps with Ultra Configuration Graphics.

If somebody want to buy this game do it.

I´m so happy with my Early Access of Dirt Rally 2.0 DELUXE.

DRTDXBOX

Thank you as well for this, as you have my exact setup so I'm glad to hear there's no setup issues (Was having some issues with the handbrake in DR1). Already bought the Deluxe but it's saying "preload complete; unreleased" in Steam (I have 44.4 GB of preload installed). Is the deluxe version out for everyone?

Yes, as mentioned in the video, the FFB is serviceable but not great. I needed to tweak my T500RS a bit to reduce the wheel weight, and try to get more useful surface feedback. It could definitely use some tweaking on the developer's part.

Best rally game ever ?
Codemaster took D4, added Argentina and other vehicles. That's all.
But in 2019, still no triple screens setting, no FOV adjustment, the FFB more rotten than D4, and no current WRC car.
Are saturated colors enough to make a game attractive?
And I'm not going to talk about optimization. Has the game been done in 3 days by amateurs?
In the name Dirt Rally, there is rally above all.
We do not care to have 300 cars when 99% of the tracks are all straight, flat and without feeling.
Where is DR1 ?
Codemaster screwed up the world by showing videos where a rally driver tried the game and thought it was great. He had to win a lot of rallies not ... in a dream?
Codemaster should also open their game to modding like Kunos.
Will it be necessary to wait until 2050 to have a real Assetto Corsa Rallye?

Interesting comments aside, I've been enjoying tackling the leaderboards since the game went live. One very good driver pushed me to my best ever run in a Dirt game, and I had an absolute blast. So to follow that, I think the gravel stages are generally really well designed, and the handling model super fun, even if it doesn't gel with you personally. Once they sort out the FFB and lack of VR it'll be a fairly complete off-road experience.

I'd like to think that video showcases that the stages are anything but 'flat'.

Last edited:
nice run, didi you play dirt04? that stage reminded me a lot of the australian stages there, which i enjoyed, especially with my favorite car in dirt04, the lancia :). if you did, how does the handling compare?

Glad you enjoyed it! If anything the Australian stages are much better, owing to their hand-crafted design, and the handling is no comparison. Dirt 4, IMO, should just be overlooked as a broken game that CM never bothered fixing. Well, they did, but they called the result Dirt Rally 2.0 and charged everyone for it again, as is the modus operandi for most games developers these days. That said, Dirt Rally 2.0 is, IMO, the sequel that Dirt Rally should've had all along.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 139 13.9%