DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0: Patch 1.3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Update.jpg

A new update for DiRT Rally 2.0 has been released today.

Having recently received some new content thanks to Codemasters planned DLC programme for DiRT Rally 2.0, the British development studio have now dropped a small update to the base game - of which plenty of improvements and fixes have been included - not least of which is audio improvements for both the BMW M1 Procar and Peugeot 208 T16 R5.

You can check out the full update notes below...

Update 1.3 Notes:
  • Grip and floating car issues off the starting line now resolved
  • New achievements/trophies added for Season One: ‘On Thin Ice’ (Complete a clean stage in Monte Carlo), ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll’ (Drive 66km at Monte Carlo in the DS 21), ‘To all those who doubted...’ (Get a podium in the Citroën C4 Rally), ‘Kickin’ 80s Vibe’ (Complete your first Event in the BMW M1 Procar Rally)
  • The achievement/trophy “Fire Up That Car... Again” has had its unlock criteria modified
  • Prevention for audio cut-out improved
  • Added Jon Armstrong’s 2019 Galway International Rally livery
  • New engine audio for BMW M1 Procar and Peugeot 208 T16 R5
  • Fixed non-English translations of in-game text
  • Retiring no longer counts as completing the stage or event, and will no longer cause trophies to pop
  • Returning to the service area in Rallycross Community Events or AI Challenges will take players to service area and not leave the event
  • Spectating in bumper cam will now show other drivers in custom online events
  • Improvements to co-driver calls in specific call outs, across multiple locations
  • Leaderboards are now available after non-Time Trial races
  • Improvements to visual quality on some cars
  • Corner cuts across certain areas (reset lines and rough terrain) are now prevented
  • Stability improvements throughout title

DiRT 2.0 is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

For more news and discussion, head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and involve yourself with the community now!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Where's the VR support?
The only answer I am interested in somehow, but if it drives anything like the dirt rally that has VR and nothing like a good SIM, I am not getting it anyway.:p
Depends on your point of reference, worse than DR and D4.
So, @kondor999 the answer is yes, sucks big time, but look at the bright side, not an issue with a controller!:D

I'm playing on a CSW v2.5 and I don't want my FFB changed. It's not great, but I'm happy with it. Pretty sure that if Codemasters listens to the people that have problems like "it's not strong enough", "I can't feel the road surface" and "need feel of understeer" or "tire flex!", it would feel worse for me and I'd have to tinker with it for 2 hours only to realize it will never be as good(or "ok") as before again.

I must be in the minority but I think the FFB is perfectly adequate. I use an Accuforce wheel, so maybe that is the difference. The game gets some hate but has provided many amazing driving moments for me. Definitely beats DR and D4 imo.
Agree and the Accuforce with Foundation seems a bit better to feel rear traction loss or to add some bumps-effects not in the game-FFB. Otherwise i suggest to use at least SimVibe seat with this title. Once you feel even small dirt patches on the used tarmac-stages this title get's alive and i don't even complain about the tarmac-physics.

Problem is that I grew up on a mountain in Tennessee, driving on dirt and gravel roads. That’s my background.

The FFB in DR1 wasn’t great, but it was good enough (except on tarmac, where it just plain sucked).

So to hear the FFB is worse in DR2 pretty much kills all my interest. With my personal background, it makes it hard for me to pretend something feels right when it just...doesn’t.

PS - IRL, driving on dirt/gravel is about the most fun you can have with your pants on.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.2%