DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0: Opel Manta and BMW M1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new DLC has released for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 - the Opel Manta and BMW M1.

Ok, Opel Manta I can understand - it is an iconic rally car after all, but the BMW M1 is a little bit more confusing if still rather cool.

Most racing fans know all about the M1, after all it was made the stuff of legends thanks in no small part to the incredible, if somewhat short lived, BMW M1 Procar series of the early 1980's. However, its history as a rally car is far less well known, making it something unique and pretty cool addition to DiRT Rally 2.0.

Having seen much success on the tarmac racetracks of the world, a group of enthusiastic and optimistic race engineers decided the M1 might be a good tool to go rallying with - especially considering the monster machines that would be running as part of the now legendary Group B rally era of the time.

Reseau France BMW decided to take up the mantle of crazy, and turn one or two of these beasts into a thoroughbred rally car. Enter Oreca, plenty of spare parts from the M1 Procar series and a little bit of engineering genius and here we are - the BMW M1 Rallye. Of course others would later pick up on this and build / run their own machines, but the Oreca machine would be by far the most high profile attempt at converting track success to the stages with the M1.

Never successful but always spectacular - this is certainly a unique choice by codies.

Also coming as part of the new DLC is the much more traditional Opel Manta - a firm favourite for historic rally fans, and something that should be enjoyable to chuck about on the stages within the game.

Speaking of stages... this new DLC only contains cars.. but expect the Swedish Rally to drop for the title in the very near future...

DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC Schedule
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Open Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all Season One content, release dates above, plus Season Two which features a similar level of content as part of their Season Pass. All other players can purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual piece of content separately.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC now.

Check out the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community engagement and of course some pretty sweet mods and League and Club racing too.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I've only tried the M1 Procar so far, since it is one of my all time favorite cars in sims (though talking mostly about the Raceroom version), and it is again great, just like all the previous DLC content for DR2 released so far, and at 2 euro, it really is a no brainer.

Be aware, though, that the engine sound (that is part of the reason why the car is so much fun to drive in Raceroom) is apparently just preliminary and a corrected version will come in a patch next week.

I'm looking forward to testing the Manta later today.

BTW, the article makes it sound like both cars are one DLC, which is not correct, they are available separately (if you're not a Deluxe version owner, obviously, since in that case it's free content for you).

Maybe i am the only one but for me the M1 and the whole GT4 class is displaced in this game.....

The M1 is a unique one, but it did do a couple of WRC rounds in the early 80's, it even got a Gr.B homologation. However it was so unreliable that even Andrea de Cesaris wouldn't be able to crash it before it broke down!

The GT4's are... well. I've seen clips of the Mustang in some local mid-europe rallies. The Porsche have been used a bit in the R-GT championship, the Aston is homologated and have even been used in snow-rallies in Finland. The Camaro I have no idea about. However, the R-GT class is a fun inclusion. Should've had the Abarth though.
29902072647_9993ca93ab_o.jpg

x000-4999-8739265517096157860.jpg

Tuthill-Porsche-RGT-WRC-gravel-test-1.jpg

11115_DUMAS-corse-2017_444_896x504.jpg

What I regret in the DLC system by Codemasters is the fact they re-use old content in new packages. OK for the BMW M1 Procar, that's a great addition but what about Opel Manta 400? This car was already present in the first Dirt Rally and even Dirt 4.
The same for Citroen C4 Rally or recently Monte Carlo Rally which were already present in previous games.
It was the same matter with Grid Autosport I remember where Alfa Giulietta or Aston V12 Zagato were sold as paying additional content while they should have been present since the beginning!
I'm not against the DLCs, only against the unfair DLCs :cool:

Last edited:
If you're forced to have DLC: would you rather have new cars in the base game or new cars in the DLC?

I'd rather new cars in the base game and the option of older cars in the DLC. There have been enough new cars in the base game to keep me happy (and we got the Fabia WRC too). That goes for locations too.

@Raymond 18 All of the "old" content was updated for DR2, so how is it relevant it was already in previous games? What's the difference between new content and "old" content that was updated?

In certain games, the technical update is done with each new opus which keeps the previous database (so it grows version after version). For the new version, the developers add new cars of course or even old ones but slightly different (example : a race car or a street car beside the other one). Why not Codemasters?

Make no mistake : I appreciate products from Codemasters but I ask myself about their commercial strategy. I agree to pay for the BMW M1 Procar because that's a new content, but I'm more reluctant just for a technical overhaul for the old content which could be already done at the launch of the product.

Decent FFB or offline career still not available though. Still the possibility that you career could get reset any time because of a Racenet problem. They have not even bothered to fix cars not automatically selecting between manual and sequential, a glaring oversight that should not be too difficult to fix. Game is still nowhere near a state fit for retail release, and they keep pushing out overpriced DLC mostly recycled from DR1.

The M1 is a unique one, but it did do a couple of WRC rounds in the early 80's, it even got a Gr.B homologation. However it was so unreliable that even Andrea de Cesaris wouldn't be able to crash it before it broke down!

The GT4's are... well. I've seen clips of the Mustang in some local mid-europe rallies. The Porsche have been used a bit in the R-GT championship, the Aston is homologated and have even been used in snow-rallies in Finland. The Camaro I have no idea about. However, the R-GT class is a fun inclusion. Should've had the Abarth though.

There is also a Lotus Exige and Jaguar F type in rally.

2012_lotus_exige_r_gt_01_1-1229.jpg

jaguar_f-type_rally_special_04_121118.jpg

Porsche also has a manufacturer backed R GT

Porsche-718-Cayman-GT4-Clupsport-Rally-Car-3.jpg

Do you have any videos of the mustang? I never thought anyone will bring a Mystang GT4 to rally.

• Deleted member 379375

Thr trailers don't do the title any favours the physics (momentum and car rotatiion) on loose surfaces looks odd. Is the game any better?

Thr trailers don't do the title any favours the physics (momentum and car rotatiion) on loose surfaces looks odd. Is the game any better?

Fully agree that these stylized trailers make car movement looks really strange, they always do. It looks nothing like that in game though, thankfully. Well, tarmac both behaves and looks odd at times though, but the loose stuff looks fine.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.1%