DiRT Rally 2.0 Modding Work In Progress Thread

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Got stuff you are working on that isn't yet released to the public via the DiRT Rally 2.0 database please use this thread to tease and inform the community.

#CreativityFTW

Reactions: pigloaf and Ha3aP

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
PSA: At present time. Modding liveries will lead to a forced kick out of online games, and no uploads of times to RaceNet. The DiRT 4 workaround seemingly doesn't work at the moment. Unless @pigloaf and myself does something very wrong suddenly.
Liveries will only work in single player at the moment. And will lead to you being unable to play custom online championships as well, regardless if your modded livery is a part of it or not. E.g, I changed the R5 C3 livery, was not allowed to drive Crosskarts online.

As graphics mods such as changing roadside sponsors etc. have led to RaceNet issues in earlier games, this seems somewhat unlikely that will work in DR2.0, however we may be surprised.

Modding for offline use works 100%

Aug 29, 2018
Will this change eventually? I am going to be so bummed if I cant have something like dirt mod manager and all the awesome additions, damage, antilag, FFB, and so on.

pigloaf

100RPM
Nov 12, 2015
Hopefully - letting Codemasters know in relevant channels that this is something we want is all we can do

Aug 29, 2018
Hopefully - letting Codemasters know in relevant channels that this is something we want is all we can do
I got christina's attention about the FFB, although not my work just posted it on reddit. I'll try to put together a decent post to bring this forward. I'll link it here when I do. I am just super busy at the moment getting ready to move.

Aug 29, 2018
Does this look alright? Mostly to the point and a little fluff.. Oh, and should I leave the tag on Christina? lol

Post Title: Wanting Mod support for community and Leagues

Post: Being part of Race Department and AOR, I have been part of many discussions about possible mod support. Dirt Rally had this ability and was a big part of the community, especially in the forums and leagues. This didnt take away from the base game at all, but giving the ability to have custom liveries and other awesome additions to a fantastic game has been well received and simply fantastic! I hope to bring this to the attention of u/ChristinaMcCM. Cheers to the work you guys have done so far, and looking forward to the future for this awesome rally community.

Bratsaki

25RPM
Feb 11, 2011
Let's hope they fix this issue with liveries. We have lots of Greek Fabia R5s and historic cars we want to recreate for the game :)