DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Modding Request Thread

• Deleted member 408599

I'm using Dirt 4 paints in DR.2 without any problem... You just have to save the file correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be a stretch but is there any way to mod Dirt Rally 2.0's spectator mode to be able to get a real life person as your co driver to run with custom pace notes? Dirty pacenotes does custom pace notes but I'd love a way for a friend to do that with me while he spectates me.

Maybe a way for him to import .jpgs that he can cycle through with the arrow keys on his keyboard and it's up to him when he brings up a new .jpg and dismisses it during a run and it'd function as custom pace notes that he'd reccie with me as a driver to create?

Last edited:
Dear all livery makers,
I love Ford 1993 wrc livery. 2020 Fiesta was inspired by that livery but in my opinion far away. Could someone do that 1993 livery for R5 Fiesta Mk2 and Fiesta R2? I made bad photoshop about the idea that I am looking for.
Best regards,
Jukka

Attachments

• ford fiesta mk2_v2.jpg
    ford fiesta mk2_v2.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 132
Dear all livery makers,
I love Ford 1993 wrc livery. 2020 Fiesta was inspired by that livery but in my opinion far away. Could someone do that 1993 livery for R5 Fiesta Mk2 and Fiesta R2? I made bad photoshop about the idea that I am looking for.
Best regards,
Jukka
This is such a cool idea. I will see if i can do this over the next few days.

I learned to do my own liveries. I made 1993 Ford wrc type livery to Fiesta R2. Somehow too shiny, in sunshine it does not look natural at all. I need practice more. Or if some other one can do this... Best regards,
Jukka

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-06 163353.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-06 163353.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 106
Someone could create this livery to a fitting car? It would complete my childhood car list. Impreza WRX, Peug 206, Lancer Evo VI (+1 with Skoda Octavia livery), Ford Focus 2001. The only missing car is the Accent One :cry::)

Attachments

• Hyundai-Accent-WRC-2-8252.jpg
    Hyundai-Accent-WRC-2-8252.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Is it possible to make mods to an actual car model itself, such as changing the rear spoiler to that of a recent WRC car ?

I ask because I play an old version of an F1 game (2014) and modders of that game have added the 'halo' to all the cars that came along in recent years, plus adapted the wings and the air box.

And in 2022 they have even imported the latest brand new full car model for this season into the old game !

See https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2022-season-mod.48443/

If the big rear spoiler of any WRC car could be put on an R5 car in Dirt 2.0 it would look pretty authentic in the latest livery.

Any way this can be done guys ?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a possible way to mod crosskart to have the optional plastic front windscreen instead of the wire mesh? I don't think it's merely an option for livery adjustments and realize it would likely be something that can't be used online but I want to drive those little tubs so bad without the mesh and all the artifacts that come with it right in my face.

678ffdb537e037ea6e0a0f1f1c1c6784.jpg

6b034227f579cda3202deee5e77d8530.jpg

Hi guys! I have a small humble request to those who make liveries. There are no interesting liveries in DR 2.0 for Subaru Impreza S4 Rally (22b). I tried using a combination of programs NefsEdit-0.6.0 and RPE to transfer the liveries of other cars, change colors, but it all ends with "saving encrypted archives not supported" error.

On racedepartment.com there is not a single livery, not a single one
at all for Subaru Impreza S4 Rally!

I really like this car, please, whoever has the opportunity, make a cool livery for this car, please!
I am attaching those options that I think would be good for Subaru Impreza S4.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    592.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    367.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    765.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hi guys! I have a small humble request to those who make liveries. There are no interesting liveries in DR 2.0 for Subaru Impreza S4 Rally (22b). I tried using a combination of programs NefsEdit-0.6.0 and RPE to transfer the liveries of other cars, change colors, but it all ends with "saving encrypted archives not supported" error.

On racedepartment.com there is not a single livery, not a single one
at all for Subaru Impreza S4 Rally!

I really like this car, please, whoever has the opportunity, make a cool livery for this car, please!
I am attaching those options that I think would be good for Subaru Impreza S4.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, the Subaru Impreza S4 Rally (22b) is protected and we can't use liveries. The only way is put livery in other car (placeholder), find it here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/b-thiry-rallye-du-condroz-huy-1997.40002/
If you search Subaru impreza S5 you find several liveries.

Last edited:
Hi, the Subaru Impreza S4 Rally (22b) is protected and we can't use liveries.
Thank you very much for the answer!
That's why there are no liveries for this car. It's a pity.
Thanks for the link. Cool livery. But the greatest pleasure comes from the original sound of Impreza S4. Peugeot 208 is a lot inferior.

Hey guys, is it possible to mod the game's config files to allow particles (snow, smoke, dust) to receive dynamic shadows? Like, in GRID (2019), or even GRID Legends?
(I know engine versions might differ heavily, but who knows, maybe it's a sorta 'out-of-the-box' feature that EGO engine had for years now)

Really sorry if it was asked before. Peace!
P.S. Does the engine support advanced contact shadows filtering? Maybe PCSS, or something? I've never seen any EGO engine powered game using contact-hardening shadows tho, so I'm just wondering if it's possible at all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%