DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Minimum Specs Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0.jpg

Codemasters new rally adventure DiRT Rally 2.0 is nearing release on PC and console, and now we get our first glimpse of the recommended specs for the new release.

Marketed by Codemasters as the spiritual successor to the incredible Colin McRae Rally series of games from the late 1990's and early 2000's, DiRT 2.0 appears to be a welcome return to the more simulation orientated aspects of the rally genre - moving away from what seems to be the universally disappointing DiRT 4 of 2018.

Following on from 2015's DiRT Rally, the new game is set to once again feature a range of realistic rally stages, the official FIA World Rallycross licence, plenty of impressive WRC cars from throughout the decades and a bunch of new and improved features and gameplay elements, all bundled together with what Codies are claiming to be their most authentic rally experience produced by the studio to date.

With a February 2019 release window for both PC and console version of the title already pencilled in, Codemasters have now revealed the expected minimum and recommended specifications for a positive gameplay experience with the new title, and surprisingly it looks like players won't be needing a monster PC to run this visually impressive piece of software when in releases next month.

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
  • Processor: AMD FX4300 or Intel Core i3 2130
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD HD7750 or NVIDIA GTX650Ti
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard
RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K
  • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070
Not bad for a game that looks as visually stunning as we've seen so far in the previews for DR 2.0 - who's excited then?

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Where are the specs for VR?

Probably the same place where Codies heads are in regards to VR...up their butts.

I guess they weren't happy with all of the enthusiasm (and sales) DiRT Rally's VR implementation had earned them.

The community has been VERY vocal about all of their titles since then lacking VR (DiRT series & F1 series).

Yet even though they claim that VR is under consideration pending demand, when we speak out it just falls upon deaf ears.

It's getting to the point where it's now becoming quite insulting.

The ball is now in their court.

View attachment 288478
Codemasters new rally adventure DiRT Rally 2.0 is nearing release on PC and console, and now we get our first glimpse of the recommended specs for the new release.

Marketed by Codemasters as the spiritual successor to the incredible Colin McRae Rally series of games from the late 1990's and early 2000's, DiRT 2.0 appears to be a welcome return to the more simulation orientated aspects of the rally genre - moving away from what seems to be the universally disappointing DiRT 4 of 2018.

Following on from 2015's DiRT Rally, the new game is set to once again feature a range of realistic rally stages, the official FIA World Rallycross licence, plenty of impressive WRC cars from throughout the decades and a bunch of new and improved features and gameplay elements, all bundled together with what Codies are claiming to be their most authentic rally experience produced by the studio to date.

With a February 2019 release window for both PC and console version of the title already pencilled in, Codemasters have now revealed the expected minimum and recommended specifications for a positive gameplay experience with the new title, and surprisingly it looks like players won't be needing a monster PC to run this visually impressive piece of software when in releases next month.

MINIMUM:
  • Processor: AMD FX4300 or Intel Core i3 2130
  • Graphics: AMD HD7750 or NVIDIA GTX650Ti
RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K
  • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070
Not bad for a game that looks as visually stunning as we've seen so far in the previews for DR 2.0 - who's excited then?

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Well - It'll do until September and we all know what that means ;)

Considering Dirt FFB was rubbish.....clue was about 10 different sliders for FFB..... I'm guessing this will just be more Rubbish. No thanks. They need to talk to Reiza team about definition of decent physics before I go near anything they put out!!!!!

Use a 50 inch TV --think its the closest you will get VR with this one :p
Na, non-"VR" 3D is about 1000x closer to VR than just playing on a 2D xx inch TV.

If DR2.0 doesn't work out-of-the-box with Nvidia 3D Vision without gfx glitches then I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 3D fix for it made by the fabulous Nvidia 3D Vision community ( http://fixmanager.rentus.de/ , http://helixmod.blogspot.com/). Or, worse case scenario, use Nvidia 3D Vision's "Compatibility Mode" or "Superdepth 3D" which is supposed to be even better than CM.

Add triple monitors (or a big projector) to the mix, change the game's FOV to 1:1 scale and you'll be in heaven. Add headtracking for the cherry on top.

Last edited:
Because of the class-devided tracks, the fun I had from DiRT series was lower and lower after D2.

In D1 there were tons of tracks. In D2 the number was down but you still had a choice to play it by mixing classes with different tracks or play on the reversed tracks.

It seemed CM wanted to be "professional" since D2 was criticized "simcade". But I don't think mixing classes with tracks is related to unrealistic topic. At least it's not "reversed Nordschleife" level unrealistic.

I drive F2004 on Monza '66 in Assetto Corsa, and climb hills with Porsche in R3E. I have a lot of fun with it. And I can't drive T16 outside of Pikes Peak in DiRT. While other sims expand the frontiers outside, CM plant the barriers inside.

Besides, the game is very unfriendly to either make or install mods while CM couldn't provide correctly painted cars at the first place. The amount of cars was locked, the amount of liveries was locked, nearly all livery mods were missing preview pictures because of the unsupported file format. The cars were total blue, total red, total white, or totally fictionally painted. To me it's the very point that make the game unrealistic. I can't even call it finished.

I can't feel the enthusiasm inside D1 and D2 from CM's later games. I'll wait and see this one.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years