DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Minimum Specs Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0.jpg

Codemasters new rally adventure DiRT Rally 2.0 is nearing release on PC and console, and now we get our first glimpse of the recommended specs for the new release.

Marketed by Codemasters as the spiritual successor to the incredible Colin McRae Rally series of games from the late 1990's and early 2000's, DiRT 2.0 appears to be a welcome return to the more simulation orientated aspects of the rally genre - moving away from what seems to be the universally disappointing DiRT 4 of 2018.

Following on from 2015's DiRT Rally, the new game is set to once again feature a range of realistic rally stages, the official FIA World Rallycross licence, plenty of impressive WRC cars from throughout the decades and a bunch of new and improved features and gameplay elements, all bundled together with what Codies are claiming to be their most authentic rally experience produced by the studio to date.

With a February 2019 release window for both PC and console version of the title already pencilled in, Codemasters have now revealed the expected minimum and recommended specifications for a positive gameplay experience with the new title, and surprisingly it looks like players won't be needing a monster PC to run this visually impressive piece of software when in releases next month.

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
  • Processor: AMD FX4300 or Intel Core i3 2130
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD HD7750 or NVIDIA GTX650Ti
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard
RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard
Not bad for a game that looks as visually stunning as we've seen so far in the previews for DR 2.0 - who's excited then?

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
RX doesn't interest me in the slightest, considering the game is called Dirt RALLY I don't see why it even should be there besides attracting gamers who want instant gratification in under 10 minutes.

Maybe because they bought the RX license, and I can guarantee that there are some stipulations in the contract regarding use of it.
Also, there are people who are able to be fans of both rally and RX.

The best titles in VR tend to be those designed for VR from the start so, I'm not so sure support would be that good in DR2, even if they add it later. Some support is better than none but, it's too bad CM doesn't appreciate the combination of Rally and VR enough to invest in it.

Also, there are people who are able to be fans of both rally and RX.
Truth. I have a huge passion for the rally stages and cars (especially the older historic content) but I also really enjoy the simulation of modern day rallycross. The short races can be really exciting and I like the strategy of deciding when to take that joker lap. And watching the RX replays from the first Dirt Rally (particularly the TV cam view shots) almost looked like real-life footage from TV.

And with that being said, I think the only thing I didn't particularly like from the first Dirt Rally was that I just wished the replays could be viewed from the TV cams or helicopter views in their entirety. Those views looked absolutely brilliant but just as you're enjoying it, the viewpoint would suddenly zoom into a closeup of the left front wheel or something similar and I just didn't need to see that at all. Back to TV cam or helicopter view, please. It'd be nice to be able to choose your viewpoint during a replay in 2.0.

Why Dirt Rally needs a Fx 8150 and this game needs a Ryzen 2600x which is a 60% faster cpu, while the game looks the same ****?

One can hope that it is due to more physics having to be calculated in the same amount of time*

*Note that "more physics" is a technically wrong term, and is used for simplicity here.

And with that being said, I think the only thing I didn't particularly like from the first Dirt Rally was that I just wished the replays could be viewed from the TV cams or helicopter views in their entirety. Those views looked absolutely brilliant but just as you're enjoying it, the viewpoint would suddenly zoom into a closeup of the left front wheel or something similar and I just didn't need to see that at all. Back to TV cam or helicopter view, please. It'd be nice to be able to choose your viewpoint during a replay in 2.0.

That is the same here. IIRC something something engine limitations.

One can hope that it is due to more physics having to be calculated in the same amount of time*
I thought physic is more CPU related than GPU related. :sneaky:

However... :geek: I want to give next statement - I disagree that DiRT 2.0 looks almost the same as 1. Improvements are obvious. Higher resolution textures, better models and way better color palettes is first thing I've noticed.

Looks good enough for me, I like the sound of the wear on stages as cars pass through and the tyre durability choices over several stages.

Jimmy seems to be a decent lad and for that part I like him. Personally I think he's worth listening to as an opinion but I don't see him as the last word in game judgement - and definitely not real world car judgement. Like all the earning YouTubers he needs an opinion to keep the viewers watching, tarmac was the contention for some, last time so makes a good talking point. To be fair to Jimmy he does say he only tried one car on tarmac and couldn't adjust the settings so he doesn't over play the opinion. He captures the lack of VR well. Where I discount his opinion is when he's talking about the T300 wheel (and he's probably right about weight vs feel), those who watch regularly know he has high end equipment sponsors. If in a later video he makes claims that the game is much better with a high end wheel/pedal setup I will chuckle.

We'll be able to tell for ourselves in a few weeks, everything I've seen looks good and nothing here (disappointing lack of VR aside but I'm OK with it) has changed my view.

Yes T300 should do it, really. If it doesn't, problem is the game (or, maybe it's default FFB settings, so again, problem is the game). Would think they know how to setup their own game for preview event.

Luckily tarmac isn't very common in this new game. Only Spain being a tarmac focused location. I still would've hoped that (by now!) they could've come up with more well rounded physics

I agreed 100% with J. Broadbent about Dirt 4 (think he was among first YouTubers to call it bad), so what he says worries me a bit

Last edited:
My Dirt Rally 2.0 deluxe edition is now pre-loading in my steam account. And day after tomorrow - it´s up and racing. I look very much forward to this weekend. Now... if only I could say no to attending to my daughters 27`th birthday Saturday, I´d have even MORE racing time... hm... can I feel a faint cough developing in my throath? Just may...

Hi everyone,

I played Dirt Rally 2.0 this norming, I have GTX980 / i7 6700 / 16Go DDR4 , and I'm slowly reaching the 60fps in 1080p with settings between high and intermediate with VSynch and AA x4 and filters x8.

Whitout VSynch, +70fps in High settings but there is too much tearing to be nicely playable....

It may be time that I change my GTX980 for a new card.... RTX 2060 should be a good price performance compromise....

Good game to all.

Hi everyone,

I played Dirt Rally 2.0 this norming, I have GTX980 / i7 6700 / 16Go DDR4 , and I'm slowly reaching the 60fps in 1080p with settings between high and intermediate with VSynch and AA x4 and filters x8.

Whitout VSynch, +70fps in High settings but there is too much tearing to be nicely playable....

It may be time that I change my GTX980 for a new card.... RTX 2060 should be a good price performance compromise....

Good game to all.

After many settings, I managed to have a good compromise to 60fps constant:
Options:
1920x1080
VSynch: ON
AA: disabled
Filtre: x16
Temporal: ON

Advenced Options:
All in Ultra Preset except:
Reflexion: High
Shadow: High