DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Launch Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new launch trailer for the upcoming DiRT Rally 2.0 racing title.

Set for become available on February 26th, with Deluxe pre-order versions due to allow players access as early as this February 22nd, Codemasters have decided to celebrate the upcoming release in traditional fashion - with a brand new trailer!

All new in terms of physics, some awesome sounding features like deformable surfaces, plenty of pretty sweet looking cars and the official WRX licence... all the ingredients to make for a very nice experience indeed once it comes out later this month.

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
To my knowledge cdkeys isn't a shady site like Kinguin or G2A, because they don't allow users to sell keys. They just buy keys from countries where Steam prices are lower and resell them

Hmmmm.

(Won't go into discussion about this as it usually doesn't end well, I also don't really care whether they are shady or not and/or whether people buy keys from them or not, I'm just pointing out something I would expect to be fairly obvious.)

Hmmmm.

(Won't go into discussion about this as it usually doesn't end well, I also don't really care whether they are shady or not and/or whether people buy keys from them or not, I'm just pointing out something I would expect to be fairly obvious.)
Well, please educate me I won't start any stupid arguments. You might be perfectly right, I haven't looked that much into it. I already gave up using G2A and Kinguin after learning how they work

But the difference imo is, that Kinguin and G2A allow anyone to sell keys there, which allows credit card fraud rings/singular thieves to launder money there.

Where as cdkeys doesn't allow users to sell anything, all keys are provided by them. Doesn't mean all of them are legally obtained I guess, but I stumbled across this article about cdkeys.com:

https://thelegality.com/reviews/is-cdkeys-legit/

Seemed fairly in-depth and claims it's more legit than aforementioned G2A and Kinguin. Explains also their business model, which is buying a bulk of keys from third-world countries, and then reselling it.

Are other resellers like Greenmangaming operating somehow differently, then? There must be an explanation why they're able to sell cheaper, than Steam. Without knowing more about the subject, I'd say that how can we be sure that they aren't exploiting the regional pricing too.

Or, if GMG just accepts less commission profits than Steam, to generate more sales. But I don't think abusing the regional pricing would be nearly as shady as allowing the usage of stolen credit cards

Last edited:
@ShredatorFIN I don't know anything about that site, nor am I interested in it. I have no idea if your original statement was even correct. I'm merely pointing out that you claim they are not shady unlike some other companies, only to then describe a very definition of a grey market business model (buying stuff on a cheap market and re-selling it on a different market the item was not intended/priced for).

That's all I was trying to say.

@ShredatorFIN I don't know anything about that site, nor am I interested in it. I have no idea if your original statement was even correct. I'm merely pointing out that you claim they are not shady unlike some other companies, only to then describe a very definition of a grey market business model (buying stuff on a cheap market and re-selling it on a different market the item was not intended/priced for).

That's all I was trying to say.

Well, Kinguin and G2A allows any user to sell keys. Which causes criminals who specialize in credit card frauds (or purchase a patch of stolen cards from TOR network) to buy bunch of keys, and quickly sell them with insanely low prices, to clean the money fast. I believe this is used for systematic money laundering, by organized crime. Which isn't possible with cdkeys, and makes G2A and Kinguin be IMO significantly more dirty

And if you buy a key from these money launderers in G2A, in most cases it won't get revoked due to number of reasons. So you would never even know. Even when the card is invalidated, transaction is pulled back by the bank, and the developer gets nothing, key will still work in most cases. When I learned this I had a sudden compunction, and stopped using them.

With keys legally purchased from third-world countries however, the developer still gets some revenue. Even if it's a bit less than they would otherwise. And I wouldn't buy a small indie sim I want to support (like Assetto Corsa) from cdkeys either

Last edited:
Cheaper in here https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dirt-rally-2-0-deluxe-edition-steam-pc

To my knowledge cdkeys isn't a shady site like Kinguin or G2A, because they don't allow users to sell keys. They just buy keys from countries where Steam prices are lower (Steam has regional pricing, to accommodate countries with low wages) and resell them
Well they're either not buying from the cheapest place or they have a pretty substantial mark up...
They have the deluxe version for RM235
Whereas for me here in Malaysia is would cost me RM130 on Steam...

This unreleased game had a sale?

Yes, I can’t remember a game that didn’t have an early purchase discount in the past 10 years. With price tracking it’s easy enough to find the best PC and console deals. A few days ago, before all the streams started the deluxe version was at its cheapest, they added £5 back on since the largely positive reactions.

With console games and trade in offers it’s often possible to buy new games at near half price, play them and trade them in for close to full price in the first month. Crazy world we live in.

The game looks very good, however I'll wait till it's on sale. I learned my lesson with pre-order of Dirt4 and how they turned around and gave everybody access to pre-order content a month later.

As far as cdkeys goes, I've been buying keys from them for 3 years now and have not one complaint. People can argue that you don't support the dev's if you only pay half price for new content, well that's your opinion. In today's world and the new norm; dev's are releasing half finished products full of bug's and unfinished content followed by month's worth of patching and often never finished as they move on to the next project.

Building on the CDKeys discussion... it is one thing that there is regional pricing, but it's not a perfect system. There are countries where people pay the same price but the salaries differ up to threefold, even within Europe. Obviously you can see which country I am from, well, we are paying the same price as e.g. Germany with less than third the average salary (according to wikipedia). People who think buying from e.g. CDKeys is wrong, do you think buying full-price is such countries is right in this context?

But I agree with others and don't support G2A and similar business models where more shady stuff can be potentially done. (CDKeys has usually better prices anyway :D)

Edit: Ironic that I had to disable adblocking on RD recently because it blocks downloads :mad: and I am getting CDKeys ads :D

Last edited:
https://www.gtplanet.net/can-dirt-rally-2-0-finally-dethrone-richard-burns-rally/

In that article by Jimmy Broadbent, his closing words are:

"It’s an experience that, finally, takes virtual rallying forward several steps from RBR."

Quite bold statement. Jimmy was really impressed in his video too. But, later in his stream he said the tarmac handling still isn't great. Such a shame. But seems it still might be worth buying.

Sounds promising look forward to tomorrow. Good to see a reviewer using the right terminology i.e. Rally "stages" and "stage degradation" not track...... :)

Essential rating from Eurogamer, great to read this.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...rked-improvement-on-a-modern-classic#comments

Strong words from what I see as one of the higher quality mainstream gaming sites:

It's deep, involving and crafted with love, and you can't help but love it back in turn. The original Dirt Rally made a convincing claim at being the best off-road sim to date. I think its sequel can lay claim to being one of the best driving experiences available right now.

Really looking forward to playing this tomorrow!

Judging from Broadbent videos it might rather good sim, as he in general liked it and I could relate to his thoughts. Usually I dislike simracing youtubers because I feel no connection with them, and I don't like every video of Broadbent, but watching his vids on Dirt 2 felt closer to me.

However, I thought that rallycross looked simcade. I also thought that cars on gravel looks too sharp, at first I thought thats because ruts, but later looked like even on fresh gravel cars were really reactive, not like I suppose tires on deformable surface should behave, unless it was very compacted gravel... Also looked a bit suspicious in some other ways.

If Dirt 4 was obviously a "trap", Dirt Rally 2.0 might be better than Dirt Rally, probably trying it out is the only way to find out. But I'm broke :D

Well watching the Swedish rally the drivers again said how much grip there is from the snow tyres, more grip than on the gravel...
Problem is sim racers wouldn't allow this to be the case, no way would they stand for grip on snow and ice.... simcade they would cry out!
So again codies will make snow and ice really slippy unlike in real life wit the tyres they use...

So again codies will make snow and ice really slippy unlike in real life wit the tyres they use...

Was it that slippery in DiRT Rally though? I felt that it was the best representation of snow in any racing/rally game so far. Mind you, you did have to keep in the ruts and tracks where that were possible. With no ruts or anything tracks to follow, it is likely to be snow on top of the ice, and that makes it very slippery.

It is true that the studded tyres used in rallying gives immense grip. However that is only when the studs actually gets to grip into proper solid ice. The moment there is somewhat loose stuff on top, it gets slippery. This was very evident on the stages I watched last weekend. It got gradually worse and worse as the 'ice dust' got put on top of the ice, then started to half-melt and as more and more cars went by the top layer got more like slush, and the cars came sliding like some wannabe-Ken Block.

That was very easy to see on Saturday with a certain Turkish driver, just too bad we didn't get that on film (or what @Roy Magnes ?). On the flipside, that way I also avoided getting caught on tape doing a tumble on the road.

Well watching the Swedish rally the drivers again said how much grip there is from the snow tyres, more grip than on the gravel...
Problem is sim racers wouldn't allow this to be the case, no way would they stand for grip on snow and ice.... simcade they would cry out!

Too bad vehicle dynamics are much more complex than slippery/grippy, or easy/hard.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back