DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Launch Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new launch trailer for the upcoming DiRT Rally 2.0 racing title.

Set for become available on February 26th, with Deluxe pre-order versions due to allow players access as early as this February 22nd, Codemasters have decided to celebrate the upcoming release in traditional fashion - with a brand new trailer!

All new in terms of physics, some awesome sounding features like deformable surfaces, plenty of pretty sweet looking cars and the official WRX licence... all the ingredients to make for a very nice experience indeed once it comes out later this month.

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Almost all the reviews I've read and video I have seen look excellent. I'm glad I pre-ordered the deluxe edition at a good price and can't wait to try the game for myself. Certainly looks like a superb rallying experience once again.

"Official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship" We need all the cars and places to justify that title.
Being as most manufacturer teams pulled out of the WRX championship (Volkswagon, Audi, Peugot), this championship is going to die quickly. Manufacturers want electric WRX. Oh joy.

Having watched quite a few videos now, it actually looks pretty good on tarmac and a vast improvement over the ropey DR1 tarmac handling. Of course actually getting behind the wheel is the proof of the pudding, but so far, it looks very promising to me.

BP

Premium
For a moment there I thought you meant a Subaru WRX license and nearly wet my pants (could I finally drive my Bugeye in a video game?!)... And then realised it was for World Rally Cross :roflmao:

The Bugeyed version doesn't seem to be in it, but the '95 Impreza and the WRX STI NR4 are in.

https://www.gtplanet.net/can-dirt-rally-2-0-finally-dethrone-richard-burns-rally/

In that article by Jimmy Broadbent, his closing words are:

"It’s an experience that, finally, takes virtual rallying forward several steps from RBR."

Quite bold statement. Jimmy was really impressed in his video too. But, later in his stream he said the tarmac handling still isn't great. Such a shame. But seems it still might be worth buying.

Deluxe edition (which includes future DLC) is 34% off at cdkeys.com (€48.99)

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dirt-rally-2-0-deluxe-edition-steam-pc

It`s kinda weird reading Jimmy praising the game about how it forces him to drive realistically, and yet watching his streams or his Group B video, it`s not the impression I would get from them :unsure:

I really want this game to be good. But I am terribly split on what I see, and I sadly still remember the disappointment that was Dirt 4, which the devs claimed will be Dirt Rally, but better. So yeah, being quite cautious and reserved this time around.

Add to it all the horrible modern game publishing practices like game unlocked earlier for people willing to pay more (and of course also for VIP streamers/YouTubers), recycled content announced as DLC before the game is even released and stuff like that...

Please don`t suck, DR 2 :cautious:

Gents,

Deluxe version is on sale on Greenmangaming right now so you can get the game 4 days early for about the price of the base game plus the 2 DLC seasons ect! I'm preloading mine on steam right now ;)

Cheaper in here https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dirt-rally-2-0-deluxe-edition-steam-pc

To my knowledge cdkeys isn't a shady site like Kinguin or G2A, because they don't allow users to sell keys. They just buy keys from countries where Steam prices are lower (Steam has regional pricing, to accommodate countries with low wages) and resell them

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000