• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured DiRT Rally 2.0 Launch Trailer

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +20,035

Codemasters have released a new launch trailer for the upcoming DiRT Rally 2.0 racing title.

Set for become available on February 26th, with Deluxe pre-order versions due to allow players access as early as this February 22nd, Codemasters have decided to celebrate the upcoming release in traditional fashion - with a brand new trailer!

All new in terms of physics, some awesome sounding features like deformable surfaces, plenty of pretty sweet looking cars and the official WRX licence... all the ingredients to make for a very nice experience indeed once it comes out later this month.

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Neils on Wheels

Neils on Wheels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +89
    Did they improve the handling on tarmac?

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. samprince053

samprince053
    Seven

Ratings:
    +144
    From what I've heard its been improved but is still very floaty

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +475
    Almost all the reviews I've read and video I have seen look excellent. I'm glad I pre-ordered the deluxe edition at a good price and can't wait to try the game for myself. Certainly looks like a superb rallying experience once again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. RasmusP

RasmusP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,695
    Seems to be a slightly improved Dirt Rally 1. A bit more "car weight" and a bit better FFB but basically just what DR 1 would have been if they would've continued development.
    So no wonders to expect but also no catastrophe :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +681
    Can't wait to buy this tomorrow!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

Ratings:
    +52
    "Official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship" We need all the cars and places to justify that title.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. wmialil

wmialil

Ratings:
    +30
    Wish they'd make the road a bit bumpier, especially the tarmac.

9. 69Harder

69Harder
    Banned

Ratings:
    +33
    GoTo WRC 7 + EVO MOD

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Chris

Chris
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,001
    For a moment there I thought you meant a Subaru WRX license and nearly wet my pants (could I finally drive my Bugeye in a video game?!)... And then realised it was for World Rally Cross :roflmao:

11. Metla

Metla

Ratings:
    +159
    Did I see New Zealand as a location on the IGN review?

12. mclaren777

mclaren777

Ratings:
    +12
    This unreleased game had a sale?

• Haha Haha x 4
  13. vittau

vittau

Ratings:
    +11
    Check the Jimmy stream video, yeah, still seems pretty floaty.

14. BazzaLB

BazzaLB

Ratings:
    +28
    Being as most manufacturer teams pulled out of the WRX championship (Volkswagon, Audi, Peugot), this championship is going to die quickly. Manufacturers want electric WRX. Oh joy.

Having watched quite a few videos now, it actually looks pretty good on tarmac and a vast improvement over the ropey DR1 tarmac handling. Of course actually getting behind the wheel is the proof of the pudding, but so far, it looks very promising to me.

15. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +325
    The Bugeyed version doesn't seem to be in it, but the '95 Impreza and the WRX STI NR4 are in.

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +446
    https://www.gtplanet.net/can-dirt-rally-2-0-finally-dethrone-richard-burns-rally/

In that article by Jimmy Broadbent, his closing words are:

"It’s an experience that, finally, takes virtual rallying forward several steps from RBR."

Quite bold statement. Jimmy was really impressed in his video too. But, later in his stream he said the tarmac handling still isn't great. Such a shame. But seems it still might be worth buying.

Deluxe edition (which includes future DLC) is 34% off at cdkeys.com (€48.99)

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dirt-rally-2-0-deluxe-edition-steam-pc

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. vittau

vittau

Ratings:
    +11
    He also noted that damage, even in the "hardcore" setting, is still extremely forgiving (especially when compared to RBR).

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Let me tell you about spring and damper... Premium

Ratings:
    +3,927
    It`s kinda weird reading Jimmy praising the game about how it forces him to drive realistically, and yet watching his streams or his Group B video, it`s not the impression I would get from them :unsure:

I really want this game to be good. But I am terribly split on what I see, and I sadly still remember the disappointment that was Dirt 4, which the devs claimed will be Dirt Rally, but better. So yeah, being quite cautious and reserved this time around.

Add to it all the horrible modern game publishing practices like game unlocked earlier for people willing to pay more (and of course also for VIP streamers/YouTubers), recycled content announced as DLC before the game is even released and stuff like that...

Please don`t suck, DR 2 :cautious:

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeschristopher

Yeschristopher

Ratings:
    +6
    Gents,

Deluxe version is on sale on Greenmangaming right now so you can get the game 4 days early for about the price of the base game plus the 2 DLC seasons ect! I'm preloading mine on steam right now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +446
    Cheaper in here https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dirt-rally-2-0-deluxe-edition-steam-pc

To my knowledge cdkeys isn't a shady site like Kinguin or G2A, because they don't allow users to sell keys. They just buy keys from countries where Steam prices are lower (Steam has regional pricing, to accommodate countries with low wages) and resell them

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.