DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Killarney First Look (Video)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have revealed a first look video of the upcoming Killarney International Raceway World Rallycross Circuit, set to release very soon for the simulation.

Owner of the official licence to represent the FIA World Rallycross Championship within Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 videogame, the next new location from the series that is about to make a debut within the title is the South African Killarney International Raceway circuit - a 1.060 km tarmac rallycross track that often produces exciting action and plenty of drama.

Set to form part of the 'Season 4' DLC pack due to launch tomorrow, Codemasters have dropped an early preview video of the circuit in action - check it out below:

Although part of the season 4 DLC pack, the track will also be available to purchase as a standalone location across all current game platforms.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Killarney First look 2.jpg
DiRT Rally 2.0 Killarney First look 3.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got yourself a question about DR 2.0 that just needs to be answered? Start a thread in our RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

Sim Racing is AWESOME!

There's your problem right there.
That is all I have to go on is the comments and videos since I do not own this game. I may get this game when the sale price is right. I do have Dirt Rally 1 and a few others. Like Paul, I have no complaints about the game, I am just not really into this type of racing. I usually once and a while fire up Dirt Rally 1 and drive on a few tracks enjoy the different scenery, and then go back to my main online SIM racing games. Like doing Drifting, Rally driving is a specialty technique type of driving which I dont have time for to be good at it.

It's surprisingly easier in VR.
So much effort is put into RX content, does anyone actually play it regularly with that tarmac physics?

I don't have time to play much these days and since the RX circuits are easy to learn that's where I spend most of my time during daily challenges.

As the RX cars and tires are so drastically different I don't really have much issues with how they handle on the tarmac parts, in fact I feel they handle pretty good on both tarmac and gravel. I really enjoy RX in this game overall!

Germany is tolerable when it comes to rally but Spain is just plain awful. The cars feels weird as **** when the roads are cambered and flowing.

Germany is tolerable when it comes to rally but Spain is just plain awful. The cars feels weird as **** when the roads are cambered and flowing.
Since I only own the base content I cannot say a word about German stages, but for Spain you are spot on. For someone who played Dirt4 it's also weird how some of the bits used in Dirt4 come up in the Spanish stages and in the other locations from Dirt4 as well. For a split second you feel: Wrong game!? Nothing negative, just weird.

• Deleted member 387850

I only recently picked up DR 2.0 having held off after reading all the complaints. Ironically it was WRC 8 that got me excited at the thought of rallying again, but I requested a refund after having frame pacing issues with G-Sync and their "unusual" FOV implementation. I should say it's the only time I've ever requested a refund, but to be fair I wouldn't rule out trying it again in the future as I do like the official content.

Seeing DR 2.0 was on sale at the time I thought I would pick up the Deluxe version with the Season 1 and 2 content. I LOVE it! Really regret listening to the naysayers for so long as I just find the entire experience fantastic. Sure it has it's faults here and there, but as someone who was driving in DR up until very recently I've had no reason to go back to the older title.

One thing I'd also like to praise are the co-driver calls from Phil Mills. They're top notch and a hugely important part of the experience, something I found rather lacking in WRC 8. I'm sure I saw a video of them recording his pace notes whilst in a motion rig. On one of the Australian stages I got rather out of shape after getting airborne, and it felt like you could literally hear his blood pressure rise in his voice, presumably because he was getting thrown around whilst recording the pace notes. It really made for a memorable stage!

Regarding the content, I feel I got a bit of a bargain getting the Deluxe Edition on sale. I know there have been lots of complaints about the content, but it seems to me like people feel they have to own every single last piece of DLC these days. I just pick and choose what I want, so I'll add Finland and Greece for £2.99 each and that'll probably be it for Season 3 + 4. That's a heck of a lot of content £31.97 that I'll get a lot of hours out of.

All this talk has put me in the mood for some 6R4 action so I'm off to enjoy it :)

Seems that there will a brand new rally location DLC coming in 2020. This is not the first time I've seen rumors about it, some of the beta testers hinted something about it. By the sound of it, will be the Irisih Tarmac Rally.

Kind of bummer if it's tarmac... because tarmac physics are the only major letdown of the sim. Agree with @Andrew_WOT shame how they put so much effort into RX when the tarmac is like that

Might still buy it though, the German stage is not terrible either, I'd just prefer loose surface content. The added costs of DLC rises pretty high though...

Last edited:

Seems that there will a brand new rally location DLC coming in 2020. This is not the first time I've seen rumors about it, some of the beta testers hinted something about it. By the sound of it, will be the Irisih Tarmac Rally.

Kind of bummer if it's tarmac... because tarmac physics are the only major letdown of the sim. Agree with @Andrew_WOT shame how they put so much effort into RX when the tarmac is like that

Might still buy it though, the German stage is not terrible either, I'd just prefer loose surface content. The added costs of DLC rises pretty high though...

It won't be Irish tarmac, I can say that much.

Tarmac is OK(not saying it's great) as long as you keep away from Spain. The road character there really shows where things are not working properly. Germany feels decent imo, and something like Ireland would be more like a bumpy, narrow Germany.
I really don't have much issue with RX tarmac. These cars, setup and tires are drastically different from everything else. They behave fine. Still slightly too much grip in all directions though.

Hmm that's true actually Spain really brings out the worst. Germany is a bit more tolerable. I'm not too keen on the tarmac RX feel, too much grip maybe, not quite sure what it is

I was expecting Seasons 3-4 to go on (small) sale in Steam Autumn Sale... but it didn't. So I caved in and bought it :notworthy:

Have to say not happy with the remastered Finland visually. There's this weird fog in the distance, that really doesn't do it for me. Looks nothing like Finnish forests lol. The only country that looked better in Dirt Rally 1

Hmm that's true actually Spain really brings out the worst. Germany is a bit more tolerable. I'm not too keen on the tarmac RX feel, too much grip maybe, not quite sure what it is

I was expecting Seasons 3-4 to go on (small) sale in Steam Autumn Sale... but it didn't. So I caved in and bought it :notworthy:

Have to say not happy with the remastered Finland visually. There's this weird fog in the distance, that really doesn't do it for me. Looks nothing like Finnish forests lol. The only country that looked better in Dirt Rally 1

Yeah there's way too much weird fog that's for sure. It's been raised as an issue, hopefully they can do something about it.
Overall Finland feels a bit "gamey" in the stage design. There are parts where it's like "hey this looks and feels like an IRL Finnish stage" but it's not consistent enough.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back