DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 freezes and crashes

Hi,

I didn't get any answers from Codemaster forum so let's try here...

Does anyone had same kind of issue as we do? Game freezes when pressing Esc on SS or in the end of SS.

I have done next steps:

- updated Windows, BIOS, chipset drivers and graphics card drivers

- tried windowed and fullscreen mode

- Windows Game Mode on and off

- tried to run game as adminstrator, win 7 and 8 compability modes

- with and without VR glasses

- Steam file check

- re-installed game

Our setup:

Ryzen 3600, MSI Gaming Plus Max, 16gb, Titan X (Maxwell), AOC 27" 144hz and Samsung Odyssey+ VR glasses

Fanatec CSW 2.5, Fanatec CSP V1 pedals, SHH shifter

Windows 10 Pro

I have no idea what to do anymore. Expect re-installing Windows... And we have same kind of issue with DiRT Rally. When game is loading SS, it freezes and we can't even start the SS.

So, is there anything that I could do?

I played Dirt Rally 2 for some time and had no issues, but now after a few months of not playing i have a similar issue. Every time i press ESC during the game the menu pops up for a split second and the game instantly freezes.
I searched around and did not find a solution and tried the same you did with no improvement.
The only thing i changed from playing last time, expect maybe some driver updates, is that i got a Fanatec CSL Elite.

@mikany Did you find out what was causing this issue? I couldn't help noticing that you are using an SHH shifter - I bought mine recently and love it, but it causes my pc to crash or freeze when I play DR 2.0. The only way I can reliably play DR 2.0 with it is if I plug it in after the game has loaded. If I try to start the game with it plugged in, it makes my whole pc hang and I have to reset.

@mikany Did you find out what was causing this issue? I couldn't help noticing that you are using an SHH shifter - I bought mine recently and love it, but it causes my pc to crash or freeze when I play DR 2.0. The only way I can reliably play DR 2.0 with it is if I plug it in after the game has loaded. If I try to start the game with it plugged in, it makes my whole pc hang and I have to reset.
Hi there! The issue was caused by cheap USB hub. I just can't remember what devices were connected to that hub. But I connected wheelbase, pedals and shifter directly to computer and DR 2.0 started to work.
Yes, it's great shifter for that price!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back