DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Finland Rally Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released the long anticipated Rally Finland for their DiRT Rally 2.0 racing game.

One of the favourite rally events in both the real and virtual world, the beautiful and fast stages of Rally Finland are finally available in DiRT Rally 2.0.

The new event is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, and retails for around the £2.99 price point on PC. According to the Codemasters release notes, the stages of Finland are "one of the fastest and most renowned rally locations in the world, featuring colossal jumps and blisteringly high average speeds. The thick gravel and the undulating nature of this course mean that car control and balance are especially significant when navigating the Finish Stages".

Sounds good?

The new DLC is available as a standalone item, or part of the various bonus versions / season pass issues of the game and comes in the following weather / time of day conditions:

Stage Conditions (General):
  • Daytime / Clear / Dry Surface
  • Daytime / Overcast / Dry Surface
  • Sunset / Cloudy / Dry Surface
  • Dusk / Cloudy / Wet Surface
  • Dusk / Overcast / Dry Surface
  • Night / Clear / Dry Surface

Stage Conditions (Time Trial):
  • Daytime / Clear / Dry Surface
  • Dusk / Cloudy / Wet Surface

Happy jumping folks!

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

If you have a question about the game, head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and our friendly sim racing community will be sure to help you out!

Sim Racing is awesome!

You think the software developers have any control over what you pay for games?

Good God! Most game developers live and breathe their work and put in long hours only to hear people vent about everything they've they've worked so hard to create. It's thankless work.

Last edited:
You can pay much less than that if you can wait for sale prices, but yes, to me it's worth far more than that, and is a bargain at list price. Dirt Rally 1.0 could be had for $9.99 at some points. The people buying Dirt Rally 2.0 right now are doing so because they want it now and think it is worth it to have it now vs. waiting for various sales.

I currently have an iRacing Subscription and paid another 150 for content past my subscription price. Next Spring I'll probably put another 100 plus into more DLC and I'll continue to pay for my subscription each year. That's a very different product and iRacing provides a very different service, but thousands of people justify their subscriptions each year. On top of that I'm paying an extra $100 a year for Virtual Racing School.

I don't even want to try to total up everything I've spent on my rig to enjoy these titles. But the software is chump change in comparison and without the software all that hardware would be useless.

FWIW I've been so wrapped up in iRacing that I didn't really notice that Greece dropped earlier, but I'll definitely pickup Season 3&4

There is a haze effect in DR2 that can be turned off, combined with other settings you can see for “miles and miles”, your performance may be impacted though.

EDIT: not true - mixed up my rally games

Last edited:
A huge downgrade from Dirt Rally. No rain option and a terrible fog effect all over.
CM promotional shot
DR2_Location_Finland-(6).jpg.fb9fbb846a1121fdc932d3cc951cec7d.jpg

vs. how it really looks like:
20191107233057_1.jpg.cc0930864bd6f014ff499f6903fdf180.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

It is quite foggy and pretty heavy on performance in VR, guess fog is a main contributor.

Codemasters stated they are aware of some issues with the lighting that creates an over saturation of white or over bright effect and also at night and in shadows or dark places there is an issue with the lighting creating a banding effect. From memory it is supposed to be fixed in next patch, but don't quote me on that.

I played hours of original Dirt Rally and really cannot understand all the whinging about the remake of the original tracks. They DO look better and drive better and are a bonus imho because the new tracks are all outstanding. The sound of the cars to me is great, but then I do not look for extreme accuracy or minute detail, it sounds like a Rally car and that is good enough as the VR is so immersive. I do not see any blur either and the graphics are all razor sharp on my 1080, all I use is the in-game 2xAA + 16xAF. I think I turned off TAA in the graphics file too, might turn it back on to see is it really that blurry with it on. Oh and yeah with motion tuned in ( NLR V3) those jumps feel incredible !

Its a 10 year old+ set of assets they have imported into their "multiplatform" engine and lit differently.
here it is 10 years ago in DiRT3 :

To be fair to Codies this mod was made 2 years ago and it's a mashup of Dirt Rally textures, shaders and lightning in DiRT 3.:)
And it's not a easy job for sure, as they are obviously constantly upgrading the meshes, textures, rendering etc.

On the other side I just played RBR with ngp 6 and OMG!!! 2004 moded game is just INCREDIBLE!

Not just physics but graphics is truly photorealistic, clean and sharp. Not Pixar animated movie style. No trees lods, bloom, blur, dof. I can clearly see the track miles ahead.
Was just thinking that only in few years when raytracing becomes a norm we will see true advancements over good looking 2D textures.

But RBR financially flopped and that's the reality. Codemaster makes great and fun GAMES and they must make it accessible for wider audience. Nothing wrong with that. They must do that. Their devs are also watching threads like this and implementing hard core sim elements, otherwise we will not have Dirt Rally games.

But I liked even DiRT Showdown. Game. Right? :thumbsup:

I have to say that I really missed Finland and am much happier to have it again :) Finland is always where I put people who are trying out my rig. It's just so much fun!

VR feels smooth at 90fps and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, however are any of you having an issue where pausing and continuing causes a drop in resolution? I find that I have to go out to the main menu and restart to fix things.

So for example, let's say I pause, then CTL & ALT & Tab and tweak my SimHub tactile or NLRv3 motion settings. Then I click on DR at the bottom of my screen and Continue then VR is jaggy. It runs smooth as far as frame rates go, but the resolution drops. Then I exit out to the main menu and go back in to anything and it looks fine again.

Thoughts?

Well I played DR to death.

And I have waited nearly a year for this, yet these sons of bitches are STILL fleecing owners even after them paying 60-70 quid for the game early doors as a mate did. And this also means I will not likely be able to play many of the challenges that kept me interested in the game for months after in DR1.

I find anyone who has paid all this (upwards of 100 quid if you paid full RRP) for a bloody computer game really rather embarrassing really. You need your head looking at for all sorts of reasons. Fair enough if ti was all new content.

It is USED, second hand, already designed, tested and completed content, All of it, you are getting liveries and a polish and paying the price of the original DR game for it. It is literally insane what you are doing.

Use your heads, please.

The precedent you are setting is very worrying for your future gaming friends, the industry and gaming in general, no game is worth this much, no matter how much you play it, and you HAVE TO think about what you are saying about your buying habits and where these companies will base their future pricing, you just have to.

Loot boxes were pretty much rounded up and thrown out the window this time last year, and that has to be the case with this sort of thing, this game is worth 40 quid tops, no more. it is slightly better than the first, but not in every way.

Saying that the world went mad over a tiny PS1 that cost 100 quid and had about 10 average games on it, so really as consumers you are all entirely to blame for companies using, abusing and treating like you cretins, because well, you know what's coming.

@Rob Every I disagree completely. I actually place value on software.

When you work out the number of hours that you are entertained playing these games and figure out what your cost per hour is, they are a real bargain.

Some of the less expensive games were a lot more expensive to me because I never used them.

I appreciate that you feel that way, but cost per hour is not a factor, your time is free.

But the simple fact is this. 15 years ago this game would have been released in this state for 40 quid. That is a fact, you might have had to wait for it, but it would have been worth the wait. yes it would still need patching and maybe updated, but this is Codemasters, the poor mans EA, they have yearly tie ins with f1 games, their money is already made. That game will outsell this probably 10/1. As more people are interested in f1 than any other motorsport, hence they paid a fortune for the tie in. So they don't need to do this, they are because they recognised and probably targeted people like you from viewing forums, employing people to target the likes of you and others. That is what software companies do now. Especially phone based people.

They could have released this later, say mid year and bundled all this in together, but no they followed the now seemingly fine model and released it half ready, offered what most thought was the full amount of DLC for a year (pretty much) for a still high price of 65 quid.

Now they want you to spend more for stuff that is not even new, that is simply unacceptable, is there no price you would stop at? No precedent you would stop at? Are you the man that buys tickets for a gig on dodgy sites and then moans when you get fleeced, so desperate are you to see that gig?

That way of buying and the power you, yes YOU then have over future buyers with your own selfishness is astounding, because Codies will then revolve round to YOU, not me, the person that plays every McRae game from the start, supported them for 15 years, but you, the man who just cant say no, no matter the cost.

I hope you enjoy your future when games cost 150 quid. Do you not SEE what you are doing?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.4%