DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Dev Insight Series Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Looking to give fans a little more 'behind the scenes' info on the upcoming DiRT Rally 2.0, Codemasters have revealed the first episode of the new 'Dev Insight Series' of videos...

Never shy to make the odd video or two, Codemasters have today released a brand new look at what goes on behind the scenes with the development of the work in progress DiRT Rally 2.0 racing title. The new video is the first in a proposed series of releases focussed on DiRT 2.0, and takes a look at some of the people involved in the making of the game, and shares some insights into what the team hope to achieve with this upcoming title.

As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, this is just the first release in what has been planned to be a series of video insights, with future editions expected to reveal more about the game and how it differs from the original DiRT Rally, what players can expect to experience when they get on stage, and no doubt plenty more as they build up to release next February.

Directly from Codemasters:

Ever since we started working on DiRT Rally 2.0, we were very clear in what we wanted to achieve and how we wanted to achieve it. Our new dev insight series is all about lifting the lid on how we’ve gone about making DiRT Rally 2.0 and will give you insight into some of the improvements we’ve made from the original DiRT Rally – and more importantly, how that will play out when you’re out on a rally stage or an RX track.

This first episode covers two vital components for DiRT Rally 2.0 – the team behind it, and what we’re trying to achieve with DiRT Rally 2.0. Our subsequent episodes will cover all sorts of exciting things like surface degradation, tyre choice, our new locations, handling, and loads more – so stay tuned to all of the usual channels for these sneak peeks behind the scenes of DiRT.

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Insight.jpg

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Did you enjoy the latest video from Codies? Looking forward to finding out more about DR2.0? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Nah, I'm not advicing against VR. I'm not advicing the "it'll be fine" attitude, that's all.
Well, I've been using them up to 8 - 9 hr straight sometimes, then yeah I started working out this area better, but was too late by then. And the headphones don't really shift weight forward, and with VR you are constantly working your muscle just to keep the head from tilting forward.

Great. The likes of Fanatec and TM can now start selling H.A.N.S devices to balance the weight of the VR headsets :D

Nah, I'm not advicing against VR. I'm not advicing the "it'll be fine" attitude, that's all.
Well, I've been using them up to 8 - 9 hr straight sometimes, then yeah I started working out this area better, but was too late by then. And the headphones don't really shift weight forward, and with VR you are constantly working your muscle just to keep the head from tilting forward.
I get your point. 8 or 9 hours would be too long for me wearing the Rift as well tbh, but i'd never play that long anyway.
Just saying, the weight should not be the reason to not use VR. It is rather an indicator, that something is wrong with your body and you should do something against it (just the same as sitting too long or using a mouse can cause problems).
I wish you all the best with your problems and I am sure that they'll go away in due time.

I get your point. 8 or 9 hours would be too long for me wearing the Rift as well tbh, but i'd never play that long anyway.
Just saying, the weight should not be the reason to not use VR. It is rather an indicator, that something is wrong with your body and you should do something against it (just the same as sitting too long or using a mouse can cause problems).
I wish you all the best with your problems and I am sure that they'll go away in due time.
Well those things come and go, most of them are gone now, moaning about them was not the point.

I use triples and I'm thinking about getting the Oculus (or WMR) for this Christmas (or black friday) So I borrowed an Oculus DK2 from a friend just to try the "next big thing" (and also to find out if it makes me sick). It is really an amazing thing every simracer has to try at least once... but it's not perfect. I tried Dirt Rally and had to stop after 5min because I was getting a kind of vertigo in my stomach on every jump... I still have to adjust the game as even with triples and a wide FOV I felt some discomfort but I'm fine when I play on triples and standard FOV adjustment...

Resolution is still low and when looking at a distant object you notice the screen door effect quite a lot (although I guess you get used to it) but the good thing is that it takes you "there". The first car I tried was the MP4/8 on rF2 and I "felt" the sun on my head and even when you drive through tyre smoke you seem to smell it (but this will probably happens only the first time, lol). Compared to triples I don't think I'm that much faster yet... although when driving a go-kart I really noticed some improvement as you have more spatial awareness and can take more tight lines.
Don't start your VR-career with DR! Biggest mistake you could make. I made the same mistake... Don't even touch it in the first 2 weeks! Your body will get used to it and, that's really great, will remember it. It did not race for the last 6 months (only race in winter) but yesterday I started playing again and spent some yours with DR. And had no problems at all.

Don't start your VR-career with DR! Biggest mistake you could make. I made the same mistake... Don't even touch it in the first 2 weeks! Your body will get used to it and, that's really great, will remember it. It did not race for the last 6 months (only race in winter) but yesterday I started playing again and spent some yours with DR. And had no problems at all.
Yep, you're right. I was perfectly fine with rF2, Raceroom or AC, so I'll take it easy. And with DR I'll start with "flat" stages, because what I couldn't stand was jumping.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back