DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Colin McRae Pack Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a couple of interesting videos around the upcoming Colin McRae DLC - set to hit the game this March 24th.

Many believe the upcoming Colin McRae DLC will be the final piece of new content coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 before development comes to an end with this impressive rally simulation, and if so the inclusion of content around one of the most spectacular drivers in the history of World Rally is indeed a smart one - and something I'm personally very much looking forward to trying out for myself.

In the first 'scenario'' video, we see Codemasters John Armstrong tackling the 1988 Scottish Rally in McRae's Ford Sierra Cosworth. The objective here is to complete the final stages of the rally in McRae's bid to win his first national championship... fun!

The second preview video of the series takes players to 1991 onboard Colin McRae's damaged Subaru Legacy Group A WRC car, as the Scottish superstar looks to try and finish the Wales Rally GB in front of an adoring home crowd. Can you finish the rally, where McRae couldn't?

The Colin McRae Flat Out DLC is set to release for DiRT Rally 2.0 this March 24th, and will contain two new cars in the form of the Subaru Impreza S4 Rally and the Legacy RS, plus new rally stages in the Scottish Highlands of Perth and Kinross as well as various Colin McRae themed challenges and scenarios.

The new pack will be available as a stand alone DLC, or free for season pass owners of the game.

Original Source: Codemasters

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions? Post them in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let the community help you out!

Dirt 2.jpg

Last edited:
My point was related to the original release, most of you are confusing that with what is available now a year and a half later.

If you paid good money for the original release maybe in a season pass, you were looking at over 60 quid, yet you will still have to pay for extra packs. If you only bought the basic that game was not worth 40 quid, it had very little content in comparison.

I was lucky, was not bothered enough at the time to buy it so got it cheap in October for 20 quid with all packs up to that one, still miss out on stuff, but I do feel if you did not get any deals and paid full whack for everything on release you would be looking at nearly 100 quid which is insane in anyone's mind.

Fair play if you think it's worth it, off you go, make an already filthy rich company even more money. That is your choice, I don't get it, but it's yours. But be mindful, the more people that do that, the more companies will offer that sort of purchase instead of offering more complete, finished games with less DLC in future.

At least the F1 games are hard to do that with, it all pretty much has to be there!! With this they can drop stuff out when they like as they are not licenced.

My point was related to the original release, most of you are confusing that with what is available now a year and a half later.

If you paid good money for the original release maybe in a season pass, you were looking at over 60 quid, yet you will still have to pay for extra packs. If you only bought the basic that game was not worth 40 quid, it had very little content in comparison.

I was lucky, was not bothered enough at the time to buy it so got it cheap in October for 20 quid with all packs up to that one, still miss out on stuff, but I do feel if you did not get any deals and paid full whack for everything on release you would be looking at nearly 100 quid which is insane in anyone's mind.

Fair play if you think it's worth it, off you go, make an already filthy rich company even more money. That is your choice, I don't get it, but it's yours. But be mindful, the more people that do that, the more companies will offer that sort of purchase instead of offering more complete, finished games with less DLC in future.

At least the F1 games are hard to do that with, it all pretty much has to be there!! With this they can drop stuff out when they like as they are not licenced.

Didn't confuse anything at all. The content at release were about the same amount as CMR2.

I would expect a game in 2020 to be far more than it was when CMR2 was released and lets face it it was largely released for consoles too. There should me more content, more cars, more everything, not the same, and even then the same only when DLC is included.

Games have moved on a lot since then, but what has happened is the way they are now created and sold. They are now made and released as part of a final product, not a final product, and players have been made the deciders of how games are priced are released, meaning the most selfish, desperate and eager people drive the market, it's how F2P games work, a tiny minority of heavy spenders make companies the most money and a lot of payers spend nothing.

Pack is out, yay!
Any impressions so far?
we just did a 2 hour session. Those stages are kinda mad, but really fun. It's like Wales mixed with Finland and with the crazy speeds of Poland. The pacenote are a bit unconsistent though. Sometimes the calls are too late. I have set them to early and in some places it get's called pretty much as I'm going through it

The pack is amazing and well worth the price. Both cars are great fun and the stages are frightening. Went a bit too much literal McRae style the first time through... ;)

There's also a sort of "experience", a separate game mode where you have to follow McRae's career and complete various races that reflect his real life races, and beat a challenge for that stage to unlock the next set of races. Said challenge might include racing with damaged car and/or placing well, for example.

yep, the new "stages" are 16km of frighteningly narrow muddy roads and trails, co-driver sometimes calls out to drive "clean", by all means follow this advice, there's logs jutting out into the road! and one particularly nasty spot has you jump and land right on a rock. Really nice addition to the game, hope they will produce more km of original Scottish lumberjack trails.

... While half of them are exactly the same models from old games.
And don't you forget that GC8 Impreza in Colin McRae DLC was also in DiRT Rally, but as standard content, not a DLC.

See who just got backfired?

Talking about backfired? Group A Impreza and S4 WRC Impreza are different regulations with different specs and bodyshapes.

So basically you're giving a thumbs up to this asset-flip tactic while paying for the same stuff twice, good for you sir.
Not sure what you're talking about. I certainly didn't pay twice for the same stuff. I bought noticeably improved versions of the same stages I drove and liked in an older game*. And it cost me very inconsequential and reasonable 3 euro per country, with the six(?) countries released over several months, too.

(* Just like I bought for example the new rF2 Nordschleife, despite the fact I already have a solid Nordschleife in multiple other sims.)

Last edited:
I cannot believe my eyes, you are happy at being totally blindsided by Codemasters!

You had no choice in buying the old stages, they came as a package because Codies knew no-one would likely buy them separately.

They should have been included anyway for goodness sake, not offered as DLC. Most of the cars int he game were in DR 1 aswell!

I guess you love the game so much you will accept that sort of thing, and we wonder why games companies take ever more ridiculous approaches to the way games are offered to market.

Now I think the game is fair, a 6/10, mainly because of the DLC approach and the pricing, but the way they have flogged it all is a joke, pure and simple.

I cannot believe my eyes, you are happy at being totally blindsided by Codemasters!

Or not.

You had no choice in buying the old stages, they came as a package because Codies knew no-one would likely buy them separately.

They came as a package? You know you can buy every single car/country as a standalone, not as a part of any pack?

Now I think the game is fair, a 6/10, mainly because of the DLC approach and the pricing, but the way they have flogged it all is a joke, pure and simple.

Well, it's gone up from a 5/10 to 6/10 for you in 10 days then. Give it to the end of April and it might be 8/10?

You paid 85 dollars for a game, but you live in Australia maybe, what price are games out there normally? Quite high I presume?

No way would anyone have paid that much for a game in UK.

I do not think I have paid full price for a game since I think maybe Red Dead Redemption on the PS4 years ago, I simply believe they are all fairly over priced, there is such a glut of stuff out there, if you just bite down, go without for a bit you will always get a better deal.

There will always be people who applaud devs for making games they like, regardless of the downsides, Iracing, RF2, Project Cars, they all had and have fanboy groups. But this is their job, they do it for money, not love, if they did it for love they would work for an indie and make everything right, they do not, they are slaves to the wage in huge software houses that treat them often like crap.

I am lucky in that I do not subscribe to being a fan, if something is good, I will play it, enjoy it, tell others but not feel the need for blowing smoke up peoples arses. They did their job right, I paid for the product, end of.

However if something is bad, or people are being unfavourably treated and I have seen this, I will be one to shout about it clearly. I review good and bad, I critique good and bad.

Some people just like to say nice things all the time, I like to do the opposite if there is a clear reason. Mybad maybe, but it's a free world

The only games I can remember ever paying the full price on day one were "Race", because I was a huge fan of the WTCC at that time and SimBin had such a deservedly good reputation back then, and rFactor2, because I liked rF1 and they offered a lifelong pass for early buyers. I played over 700 hours of Race and Race07 and about 12 hours of rF2, lol. If memory serves me right I bought all my other racing games either in EA or months after publication at a discount. But, I confess to having subscribed to iRacing for eight years now and no end in sight, their online system has destroyed my AI appetite for good, poor little me.

Some people just like to say nice things all the time, I like to do the opposite if there is a clear reason.
And if there isn't, you seem to be more than capable of inventing one, so thankfully you're good.

But I have to say that even as someone who doesn't shy from criticism in the slightest, the philosophy of "I like to do the opposite of saying nice things" seems fascinating to me. Well, whatever rocks your boat I guess.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%