DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Colin McRae Pack Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a couple of interesting videos around the upcoming Colin McRae DLC - set to hit the game this March 24th.

Many believe the upcoming Colin McRae DLC will be the final piece of new content coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 before development comes to an end with this impressive rally simulation, and if so the inclusion of content around one of the most spectacular drivers in the history of World Rally is indeed a smart one - and something I'm personally very much looking forward to trying out for myself.

In the first 'scenario'' video, we see Codemasters John Armstrong tackling the 1988 Scottish Rally in McRae's Ford Sierra Cosworth. The objective here is to complete the final stages of the rally in McRae's bid to win his first national championship... fun!

The second preview video of the series takes players to 1991 onboard Colin McRae's damaged Subaru Legacy Group A WRC car, as the Scottish superstar looks to try and finish the Wales Rally GB in front of an adoring home crowd. Can you finish the rally, where McRae couldn't?

The Colin McRae Flat Out DLC is set to release for DiRT Rally 2.0 this March 24th, and will contain two new cars in the form of the Subaru Impreza S4 Rally and the Legacy RS, plus new rally stages in the Scottish Highlands of Perth and Kinross as well as various Colin McRae themed challenges and scenarios.

The new pack will be available as a stand alone DLC, or free for season pass owners of the game.

Original Source: Codemasters

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions? Post them in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let the community help you out!

Dirt 2.jpg

Last edited:
Those who got the Deluxe edition will also get this DLC for free
oh nice for them. Well it's not compensating the lack of s3 and s4, but at least is something.

i never "fear" dlc, always a chance to pick it up if i like it.
i'm the only one who think that this over publishing DLC pratice (wich usally was related to train and flying sim) have become a ridicolus milkcash grabbing pratice? But if consumers don't "fear" DLC is obvious that marketing strategy group will continue this behaviour.

Except the base game in 99% of cases is more than enough. Honestly outside of sim racing I get bored of the base game long before I get to DLC so I don’t buy it and even with racing games I barely use all of the stock cars or DLC cars so I don’t really need it, it’s just nice to have in case I do.

oh nice for them. Well it's not compensating the lack of s3 and s4, but at least is something.
i'm the only one who think that this over publishing DLC pratice (wich usally was related to train and flying sim) have become a ridicolus milkcash grabbing pratice? But if consumers don't "fear" DLC is obvious that marketing strategy group will continue this behaviour.
I agree, pricing policy has seen quite some changes since distribution has moved from solid disks to downloads and I would guess on average prices have gone up. But to me it still seems like a market mostly driven by supply and demand, so that's just the way it is. Codemasters is probably among the larger companies so they seem to be doing something right market-wise. I am a day one buyer with EA products and a "wait for at least first discount" buyer with all others.

You know what's still cool? Mobil 1 Rally Championship. The stages in that game are out of this world. Especially for a 21 years old game. I really wish Dirt Rally had that kind of quality (and distance to travel) in its stages.

Mobil 1 RC is a true legend, I had that until few years now
when it became quite obsolete on my pc, comparing with
WRC, DiRT series and even comparing with R. Burns rally.
Stages are out of this space I agree but tbh I can't imagine
those on todays DiRT like games cause with textures now
much bigger that would be probably the one of the largest
game ever. hmm... maybe one stage ? A girl can dream eh... :x3:

I think quite honestly if you bought tons of DLC you are partly responsible for the way games will be sold in the future. And that is a very bad thing.

ALL these companies want is your money, and as much of it as possible, they know all the tricks, know how dumb,and easily conned gamers are and know all the ways to con you. They want to make average titles, low on initial content for full price and then use your stupidity and desperation to charge you double what the game is really worth.

If you fall for it, you are just proving their point and moulding their way to sell you games, endlessly increase prices and squeeze more and more money out of you for products that are not worth it.

This game is worth about 40 quid with all DLC, if you paid for it all you have made these con artists over 100, for being greedy, selfish and dumb.

And there is no argument about keeping software companies going, you do know how much money these people make right, by squeezing the profit to the top men and leaving coders, QA guys on minimum wage, this is how gaming works.

Look at the shops today and you will see what type of people we are, the gaming industry is no different, they know how stupid you are and will bleed you dry.

It is your choice, but if you choose greed, you are potentially screwing millions in the future and making your hobby ever more expensive when if you just had a bit of guts and made a point they would change. , but hey that doesn't matter coz I paid extra to get my game a week early (when it has been ready at the devs for half a sodding year).

It is not a question of pleasing people. it is merely exploitation marketing. Somewhat akin to the gambling industry, who tactics gaming companies now copy in some ways.

Let me ask you this, would you buy a book of you knew it was not all complete? and you had to buy 4 lots of an extra 100 pages to finish it, a year later? No.

Would you buy an album that had 8 songs initially for full price, but later on the band kept releasing other songs to make it up to 20 for 4 times the price? No.

Gamers do it because they are easily influenced and addicted to their games, companies know this so are changing their pricing policies to reflect the fact that they can exploit gamers desperation to play new content, by releasing a half finished game for full price with stupid passes, then even after that is done, ask for yet more money.

if you do it, you are simply setting a precedent that Codies will follow in the future. Obviously it is your choice, but what you are effectively doing is being told that a game is worth 40 quid, then knowingly paying 80 quid for it,

You tell me if that is not a bit dumb?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing