DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Colin McRae Pack Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a couple of interesting videos around the upcoming Colin McRae DLC - set to hit the game this March 24th.

Many believe the upcoming Colin McRae DLC will be the final piece of new content coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 before development comes to an end with this impressive rally simulation, and if so the inclusion of content around one of the most spectacular drivers in the history of World Rally is indeed a smart one - and something I'm personally very much looking forward to trying out for myself.

In the first 'scenario'' video, we see Codemasters John Armstrong tackling the 1988 Scottish Rally in McRae's Ford Sierra Cosworth. The objective here is to complete the final stages of the rally in McRae's bid to win his first national championship... fun!

The second preview video of the series takes players to 1991 onboard Colin McRae's damaged Subaru Legacy Group A WRC car, as the Scottish superstar looks to try and finish the Wales Rally GB in front of an adoring home crowd. Can you finish the rally, where McRae couldn't?

The Colin McRae Flat Out DLC is set to release for DiRT Rally 2.0 this March 24th, and will contain two new cars in the form of the Subaru Impreza S4 Rally and the Legacy RS, plus new rally stages in the Scottish Highlands of Perth and Kinross as well as various Colin McRae themed challenges and scenarios.

The new pack will be available as a stand alone DLC, or free for season pass owners of the game.

Original Source: Codemasters

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions? Post them in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let the community help you out!

Dirt 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm excited about getting all of this CMR content, plus the free upgrade to the GOTY version for the Oculus Store version in a few days.

Makes that secondary purchase of buying on Oculus for $20 CAD during the last sale completely worth it considering I'd already bought the DLC "Seasons" for the Steam version.

To this day, at least for the Rift headsets, VR still runs better on the Oculus Store version.
I'd still say that the Steam version still holds some value when playing in 2D using TrackIR and all of the eye candy turned up.

Funny how the game has finally blossomed when pretty much reaching its end of life.

Purchased the complete package 6 months ago, tried and tried to get it up and running with no result, gave up and even received a Steam refund.
Complete new rig build now, found it was discounted (again) and decided to give it another shot.
Not impressed with the amount of DLC available only as a purchase but like some of the choices.
Looking forward to this update, but everything depends on how well it performs under my new build.

However, I do agree selling half of the game as DLC's is NOT a good business model for the consumer. DR1, which stayed in Early Access for a while, gave you everything new in free updates.
That's how early access works. You get a half finished game and get the remaining bits for free as soon as they're done. The full version of DR1 was launched in December of 2015 and had all of its stages.
The main difference is DR2 didn't have early access. It was already launched as the full version (which had the same amount of Locations as DR1 did, more if you count the RX tracks). Anything after that was extra.
Wether selling a lot of DLCs is good or bad is debateable, but you're comparing two different things here

I know what you mean but this problem started long time ago. There was a point where a company released first DLC. And then it started to grow. Meanwhile everybody buy DLCs and thats all.
World of Tanks is also a good example.

So CM is doing same procedure like others.
This is THEIR marketing strategy. It seems that they have success with that.
That means also that they get money. This will ensure that they survive on the market.
So the strategy works and only this is important.
Some individuals will still have problem with that. Its normal.

I will never buy codemasters again, been this way for years and years with their dodgy DLC policy and abandoning their games in the past! The gameplay in these vids looks pretty darn boring to me anyway. Heads up for anyone interest in getting DR2 can get it for a pretty big saving right now on humblebundle.

Honestly, I rather have DR2 with tonnes of dlc than another grid 2019 with barely any dlc and lacking in content.

Codemaster generally build fairly decent racing games but generally they are very lacking in content. Dlc is probably the way to expand the game. Despite it can be argued that they went excessive with DR2, it also made the game much better than dirt 4 that I got bored in 10 hours due to lack of content.

The new grid has the same issue. Lack of content and due to the whining on dlc in DR2, they made less dlc for the game and it resulted to a much more lean and limited game. Shame the driving is pretty fun though.

As much as I love to see Codemaster to support their games for a few years, it seemed like it’s not viable for them.

Lot of time passed and here are still lot of DR1 players which cry the whole time. Stop it, dont touch DR2, go back to D1 and enjoy it. Is that really so hard? Here arrive another free content and the people complaining.
Im not a fanboy, DR2 has several things to improve but its still imo a good game. DLC stuff is individual and nobody force to buy it. This kind of complaining is meanwhile ultra boring....

Talking of 'optional' content, how do the events work for owners of the owners of only the standard edition? Can they not take part?
Online events are the very thing that keep me coming back to the original Dirt Rally.

Talking of 'optional' content, how do the events work for owners of the owners of only the standard edition? Can they not take part?
Online events are the very thing that keep me coming back to the original Dirt Rally.
There are a bunch of daily, weekly and mothly events. Those, that use DLC content are marked as special events, those that use basegame content ar marked as community events, there are also daily AI challenges, I think those also use base game content

Also, if someone, who has DLC, is hosting an online session, you can join that session even if you don't have that DLC

I have Dirt Rally 1 & 2 and Grid 2019, the latter two I got with all DLC for ~£25. It’s very easy to avoid being fleeced by expensive DLC on these mainstream games if you can exercise a little patience. You know it’s going to happen so just wait!

I don’t know where you guys even find the time to play all the games, my backlog is sitting at about 80 games right now and I still haven’t finished DR1. I could have waited for an even bigger discount but I think £25 is a fair price with all DLC and £15 without (on PC at least without the standard £10 console tax) so I normally jump in then. For the niche sims I go full price to support though.

Also they can’t be such a bad dev if you wanted the game so bad you bought it day 1 :p.

I have Dirt Rally 1 & 2 and Grid 2019, the latter two I got with all DLC for ~£25. It’s very easy to avoid being fleeced by expensive DLC on these mainstream games if you can exercise a little patience. You know it’s going to happen so just wait!
yep, so far I bought all the Dirt Rally 2 stuff I own at sth. like 50 - 60% off, still waiting for pack 3 and 4 to go below 50% off. Dirt Rally and ACC were day one buys for me, I love EA, love watching how stuff is developed and how sometimes community feedback actually changes the game.

yep, so far I bought all the Dirt Rally 2 stuff I own at sth. like 50 - 60% off, still waiting for pack 3 and 4 to go below 50% off. Dirt Rally and ACC were day one buys for me, I love EA, love watching how stuff is developed and how sometimes community feedback actually changes the game.
Pack 3 and 4 recently had a pricedrop down to 12€ (I think it was 30€ before), and on top of that it currently has a 33% discount so for a few more days it's just 8€

BTW, I don't know why it's not included in the article, but for those wondering - if you don't have any season pass for DR2 and will be buying the pack separately, it will cost you 8 GBP or 10 euro. A bargain, really.

And I will never understand people complaining about DLC for DR2. It's one of the best value for money DLC offers in gaming with *very* affordable pricing, and it's all quite obviously optional, so if you don't want it, simply don't get it? I do agree about the game being kinda HDD space hungry, but as suggested, just move it to a regular HDD instead of an SSD if you're running low on space, it's not that big of a difference anyway.

Still smarting over having to rebuy the original Dirt Rally stages and haven't yet bought them all as a consequence
You should. They're all a solid improvement over their previous incarnations, and they're very fairly priced IMO.

There are a bunch of daily, weekly and mothly events. Those, that use DLC content are marked as special events, those that use basegame content ar marked as community events, there are also daily AI challenges, I think those also use base game content

Also, if someone, who has DLC, is hosting an online session, you can join that session even if you don't have that DLC

Thank you very much!!

Nice to see that the scam continues... I feel pity before for those who bought the first deluxe edition (and got only season 1 & 2). Well at least those who got the super deluxe edition will have this dlc with no additional charges...

Anyway, i'm the only one who think that official statement on steam page is not so quite clear and confusing? https://steamcommunity.com/ogg/690790/announcements/detail/1697233123982123869

i fear there will be more dlc since they spoke about the DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing