DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Colin McRae Pack Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a couple of interesting videos around the upcoming Colin McRae DLC - set to hit the game this March 24th.

Many believe the upcoming Colin McRae DLC will be the final piece of new content coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 before development comes to an end with this impressive rally simulation, and if so the inclusion of content around one of the most spectacular drivers in the history of World Rally is indeed a smart one - and something I'm personally very much looking forward to trying out for myself.

In the first 'scenario'' video, we see Codemasters John Armstrong tackling the 1988 Scottish Rally in McRae's Ford Sierra Cosworth. The objective here is to complete the final stages of the rally in McRae's bid to win his first national championship... fun!

The second preview video of the series takes players to 1991 onboard Colin McRae's damaged Subaru Legacy Group A WRC car, as the Scottish superstar looks to try and finish the Wales Rally GB in front of an adoring home crowd. Can you finish the rally, where McRae couldn't?

The Colin McRae Flat Out DLC is set to release for DiRT Rally 2.0 this March 24th, and will contain two new cars in the form of the Subaru Impreza S4 Rally and the Legacy RS, plus new rally stages in the Scottish Highlands of Perth and Kinross as well as various Colin McRae themed challenges and scenarios.

The new pack will be available as a stand alone DLC, or free for season pass owners of the game.

Original Source: Codemasters

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions? Post them in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let the community help you out!

Dirt 2.jpg

Last edited:
I know I might be in the minority here but personally I don't regret spending money in this game. I have only ever made two purchases, the original Deluxe Edition and the second one when it came out. As a result of that I have all the content they made, including these upcoming cars and stage.

However, I do agree selling half of the game as DLC's is NOT a good business model for the consumer. DR1, which stayed in Early Access for a while, gave you everything new in free updates. The DLC cars in this game are encrypted and not moddable, and I'm dying to get a Martini livery on the Lancia 037. I hope there's a way around that sometime.

I'll buy more content for this great game, still we will drive cars like Nissan Bluebird driven by Cook-Jones, Toyota Corolla driven by Kankunen-Pironen or Renault 5 Maxi Turbo, driven by Sainz-Moya, if a game is good why get finish, i'm happy with every turn and enjoy every dlc

Still smarting over having to rebuy the original Dirt Rally stages and haven't yet bought them all as a consequence, but getting a free DLC on first year anniversary sounds super whichever way you look at it. The DLC I would die for would be stages from McRae2-4 and McRae 2005 updated to Dirt Rally 2 standards. Plenty of fond memories there, also the original Dirt had some great stages e.g. in Japan.

I might test this again. Uninstalled it very fast after i bought it. I dont like the practice of installing tons of gigs of stuff i dont use. Dont get me wrong its really nice you can play on tracks with others who own the DLCs, but couldnt they make it optional to allow those? The more they do this (and i see more and more adding DLCs you havent bought) the less space we get. And no, its not as easy as just buying more space. The next level for my M.2 SSDs are very big and pricey. Cant afford it. Not sure why people sometimes get angry when you mention this since an option to install the DLC would be nicest to everyone instead of forcing it on there even if its never used.

Sorry for the negative rant, lol. It just get annoying when you have space to install the original game you bought but then after a while its gotten so big with stuff i wont use and i have to remove other games if i want to play it again.

I might test this again. Uninstalled it very fast after i bought it. I dont like the practice of installing tons of gigs of stuff i dont use. Dont get me wrong its really nice you can play on tracks with others who own the DLCs, but couldnt they make it optional to allow those? The more they do this (and i see more and more adding DLCs you havent bought) the less space we get. And no, its not as easy as just buying more space. The next level for my M.2 SSDs are very big and pricey. Cant afford it. Not sure why people sometimes get angry when you mention this since an option to install the DLC would be nicest to everyone instead of forcing it on there even if its never used.

Sorry for the negative rant, lol. It just get annoying when you have space to install the original game you bought but then after a while its gotten so big with stuff i wont use and i have to remove other games if i want to play it again.

Stick stuff you don't use so often on a cheap mechanical drive. They cost peanuts. Games I play a lot live on my SSD everything else on the big storage drive.

On the contrary, I agree with you. :)

Lot of time passed and here are still lot of DR1 players which cry the whole time. Stop it, dont touch DR2, go back to D1 and enjoy it. Is that really so hard? Here arrive another free content and the people complaining.
Im not a fanboy, DR2 has several things to improve but its still imo a good game. DLC stuff is individual and nobody force to buy it. This kind of complaining is meanwhile ultra boring....

And? What is the problem? People who have the meaning that the game is ok so far and they enjoy it.
Ive bought the Deluxe at beginning so it was clear what we get for that money. It was a voluntary decision.

Long time ago ive also bought DayZ and due the time the progress was not acceptable for me.
Ive stopped to play it, didnt touched it anymore and never complained about it in forums etc....
Everytime when here appear some news about DR2 the same people say how good DR1 is. Thats why ive said what i think about it.

And? What is the problem? People who have the meaning that the game is ok so far and they enjoy it.
Ive bought the Deluxe at beginning so it was clear what we get for that money. It was a voluntary decision.

The problem here isn't the game's quality, but Codemaster's marketing strategy.

I was going to explain it, but since you seem to be perfectly OK with that, I won't waste your time.

Yes, I agree the game is excellent (in one way or another, even with some obvious asset flip) but the company making it isn't.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%