DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack Arrives March 24th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed their DiRT Rally 2.0 game will be signing out in style this March 24th - with the special edition 'Colin McRae FLAT OUT' pack set to arrive for the simulation...

Those of us with a long memory can probably vividly recall the original Colin McRae Rally games from the mid 1990's - the games that spawned the current DiRT Rally franchise - and in something of a homage to both the original games and the man himself, this March 24th a brand new Colin McRae themed DLC will be arriving for the title.

DiRT Rally 2.0 has been a wild and exciting ride, and the ‘FLAT OUT’ pack is the perfect way to conclude the journey,” said Ross Gowing, DiRT Rally 2.0 Game Director at Codemasters. “It’s 25 years since Colin became World Champion and the content is our tribute to the greatest rally driver of his generation.”

The Colin McRae ‘FLAT OUT’ pack includes the new Perth and Kinross rally location, a venue based in Scotland that contains 12 different stages, plus new cars in the form of the Subaru Impreza S4 Rally and Subaru Legacy RS - both iconic cars used by McRae during his exhilarating career.

Alongside the new content, the upcoming pack also contains 40 playable scenarios from McRae’s career, including 'time penalties, damaged equipment and mechanical failure'. These new scenarios give gamers the opportunity to participate in nine of the cars made famous throughout Colin’s career, including many iconic vehicles from previous Colin McRae Rally and DiRT games.

As we are all well aware, many different versions of the current DiRT Rally 2.0 videogame are available to the wouldbe purchaser - from the standard edition to many various deluxe and season pass variants. Anyone who owns any of the season packs and editions will get the new content at no additional charge, and those of us who own the Standard Edition will be able to purchase the additional content via their platform’s digital store.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on both PC and console.

Got a question? Start a thread in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

DR2 Flat Out Pack 2.jpg
DR2 Flat Out Pack 3.jpg
DR2 Flat Out Pack 1.jpg

Nice, been waiting for a modern game to have a late 90s Impreza (97-00) in it for ages, the last one I know of was WRC 3 and that had limited usage
I'm so tempted with this for this exact reason. My car back in the UK was a MY99 Type RA imported from Japan. Loved that car like you wouldnt believe. Sonic Blue with gold alloys and 555 rally bucket seats. It was pure heaven to drive. 270bhp with about the same in torque and only a ton... power to weight was crazy and putting your foot down hard felt like someone kicking your whole body from the bum and through your back. Petrol head massage basically ;)

Its very confusing, I bought a version of the game a few months ago but no idea which, it came with a few cars and all tracks except Greece and Finland, but I bought no passes or season packs, it was a bundle so am presuming this will not mean I get this for free.

To be honest I would not pay for it, Codies have been exceptionally greedy with the way they have gone about their DLC model with this game and in time it will all be dirt cheap anyway,

Its very confusing, I bought a version of the game a few months ago but no idea which, it came with a few cars and all tracks except Greece and Finland, but I bought no passes or season packs, it was a bundle so am presuming this will not mean I get this for free.

You will. If you only lack Greece and Finland, and haven't bought any dlc's then your bundle was with season 1 and 2 included.

I'm afraid those two cars and Scotland will be available as separeate DLC addons so anybody will be able to buy them even for a base game only too

Great gift from Codemasters, however my heart is broken because we can't make custom liveries for DLC cars, because of CM's bad policy

Lots of packages currently available at discount on Steam.

A bit confusing though -- For someone like me who has only the "base" game, which option would I need to purchase now to update to the Deluxe edition, with all DLC and this upcoming DLC included?
if you buy the year 1 pass it shoud be 14 pound and u get all the dlc content includingthe upcoming Colin McRae dlc

useless....Dirt Rally 2.0 needed new track's no those liveries that feel and look the same afterall

This is new stages as well...

I'm afraid those two cars and Scotland will be available as separeate DLC addons so anybody will be able to buy them even for a base game only too

Why are you afraid of that? You can buy it "on the side", but all "reports" from Codies looks like it will be more than 50% of a normal season, so in reality one would be better off with buying one of the season packages or the year pass.

well, if Codemasters wanted to generate some more turnover of season passes and stuff, it seems to have worked (just taking our thread here as a random sample of rally game playing people). Personally I don't think this is the end of 2.0 DLC, they haven't even touched the hill-climb stuff in Dirt Rally plus they may try the really old cars like the Saabs, haven't really gone down that road. People seem to be happy with the core game, so why not milk it a bit more?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%