DiRT Rally 2.0 ACAT mod [Singleplayer / PvP Multiplayer]

DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 ACAT mod [Singleplayer / PvP Multiplayer] 1.19

Login or Register an account to download this content
Man this mod is so much fun. Driving Crosskart at most of the rally locations is such a kick in the pants, and quite challenging as well.

Finally got around to setting up a rally to be rx with rx cars after a bit of fiddling around. 2 laps was the minimum I could set it to. Jumped into a race against AI to see how it would go, first in Australia then Finland. In both cases my car and AI cars were spawned inside each other in groups of 2. Eventually I broke free and ran the races. In Aus the race finished when I crossed the line but in Finland I was eventually disqualified after it timed out.

Is this normal behavior because rx rules like multiple laps+joker can't really work on a rally stage or are there settings I need to adjust to make it function? Also, is there a way to adjust the grid spawn positions?

Man this mod is so much fun. Driving Crosskart at most of the rally locations is such a kick in the pants, and quite challenging as well.

Finally got around to setting up a rally to be rx with rx cars after a bit of fiddling around. 2 laps was the minimum I could set it to. Jumped into a race against AI to see how it would go, first in Australia then Finland. In both cases my car and AI cars were spawned inside each other in groups of 2. Eventually I broke free and ran the races. In Aus the race finished when I crossed the line but in Finland I was eventually disqualified after it timed out.

Is this normal behavior because rx rules like multiple laps+joker can't really work on a rally stage or are there settings I need to adjust to make it function? Also, is there a way to adjust the grid spawn positions?
Visually, in the event settings the minumum is 2 laps, its normal, however - when the race loads it should always say 1/1 lap in the top left corner and you should be able to finish the race every time. Wasn't this always the case? Did you always click apply settings when you set up an event? AI spawning inside each other is normal, maybe i'll have to add no collision hack at the start to bypass this. When you are racing with a couple of friends it shouldn't spawn you inside each other. No, no way to adjust the grid spawn positions for now.
The thing with joker - yes, you can't take the joker and will always get 30 sec penalty at the end of the race. The reason for this is simple - equality between players. Since "joker passed" variable can only be set locally, players that don't have the mod will receive 30 seconds penalty, while a host will not. So the idea is to make the host also recieve that penalty.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply and that answers all my questions. As to the race that didn't finish, I'm not sure why but hopefully was just something dumb I clicked or something. Good to know if I have live players with me it will spawn us separately.

1611160447632.png

Strange. Please check if 1.dat file is inside the files folder
its in

Finally, great work thanks man. Will this result any ban or inconvenience on the clubs esports etc?
Thanks. Not a single ban report since acat for Dirt Rally 1 (2016). It also should work only in custom or time trial and will not cause any inconvenience / affect the leaderboards

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply and that answers all my questions. As to the race that didn't finish, I'm not sure why but hopefully was just something dumb I clicked or something. Good to know if I have live players with me it will spawn us separately.
It actually depends on the number of players. 2-3 should be fine, if there are more - tell me about the results. No one joins my sessions :D

Last edited:
MasterCloud updated DiRT Rally 2.0 ACAT mod [Singleplayer / PvP Multiplayer] with a new update entry:

Improved performance

Instant startup
Fixed a bug that could stop the mod from working if update server sent an incorrect responce

Notes to myself: Lua is an interesting programming language - here its possible to use variables without their declaration, so if you mistype a variable somewhere in the code its not an error but a new variable that represents nothing ("NULL" or "nil") which will lead to fun experience of finding that mistake

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years