DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | 2019 World Rallycross Cars Coming December 17th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have revealed a new gameplay video of the upcoming 2019 FIA World RX content heading to DiRT Rally 2.0 later this month.

Enjoying the benefit of the official licence to reproduce the incredible FIA World Rallycross Championship, 'Season 4' of the post release DR 2.0 DLC programme is about to kick into full gear - and headline the new batch of content will be three of the very latest WRX Supercar machinery, as raced in the category this season.

Ok, which cars are set to be included?

The 2019 World Rallycross update will bring new machinery from Ford, Audi and Peugeot when it releases on December 17th - adding the Fiesta RSX Evo 5, S1 EKS RX Quattro and 208 WRX to the rally simulation.

Check out the first look of the new cars in this new video below:

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Got a DiRTy question to ask? Throw up a new thread in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let the community be your guide!

DR2 2019 Rallycross 3.jpg
DR2 2019 Rallycross 1.jpg

Last edited:
Dirt Rally keeps insisting on this rallycross thing, and I'm not really sure that's even what their customers want.
But what do I know, anyway...
I certainly bought it for rally, but I've found rallycross to be a lot of fun when I need a break from the brutal frustration of rally. On the other hand, I don't play enough to need all the content. I've only really used the starter cars, and haven't touched Seasons 3&4.

I really enjoy Rallycross and glad they have added it....but after trying the previously available rallycross content in dirt 2 it physics and ffb left me disappointed compared to iracing and PC2...PC2 has all these cars and both have dynamic tire models, tracks and loose surface physics.

If it didn't cost $35 to get the season 3 + 4 dlc I wouldn't complain about getting this lol

Not really new machinery, just base game cars with 2019 skins. Kinda enjoying the RX component in DR2.0 but can't say I'm a huge fan of selling base game content as paid DLC. Season 3 was already underwhelming enough due to the horribly botched Finland, that doesn't look like it's going to be fixed anytime soon

Not really new machinery, just base game cars with 2019 skins. Kinda enjoying the RX component in DR2.0 but can't say I'm a huge fan of selling base game content as paid DLC. Season 3 was already underwhelming enough due to the horribly botched Finland, that doesn't look like it's going to be fixed anytime soon

Not really true but I guess you deliberately disregard things as it doesn't fit your 'everything is rehashed content' narrative?

Renault Clio RX and Bennetts Mini RX aren't in the base game and are completely new. The Seat Ibiza RX isn't in the base game either but it's carried over from D4.

I like rallycross more than rally, I guess there will be more people with the same opinion. I already played this with these cars and in this circuit the most important thing for me would be to create a championship rallycross with all the circuits of the contest not only some.

Not really true but I guess you deliberately disregard things as it doesn't fit your 'everything is rehashed content' narrative?

Renault Clio RX and Bennetts Mini RX aren't in the base game and are completely new. The Seat Ibiza RX isn't in the base game either but it's carried over from D4.
Just where did I say EVERYTHING is rehashed content? Nothing like putting words in someone's mouth so you can attack them for making an imaginary post.

The article is about Audi, Peugeot, Fiesta which are base game content. Upcoming Megane and more Fiestas too. Never said that Clio, Ibiza or Mini are in the base game.

Last edited:
How is the tire model/car behaviour in this game?
Could it be made to an asphalt sim - like a Dirt Road Track?:)
I uninstalled the game quite fast. Might test it again, but the impression of everything combined made me go "meh". RallyX for example felt really arcade. Couldnt even do donuts with really high powered cars which was really strange. Not that you are supposed to do donuts, lol, but that it wasnt possible says something about the physics or tire behavior - or whatever it is that stops natural things from working. Again though that was shortly after launch so maybe things are better. I remember also that it felt like everything is sped up. Especially in RallyX. Cars didnt feel like they had weight to throw around. I know many really like it so there might be something wrong with me. :D I did play the first one a lot though but got tired of this one quickly.

Oh, i remember also starting a career with one of those slower older rally cars and the feeling compared to DR1 didnt impress me. In DR1 i could throw the same car sideways through corners and even though i was going through mud it felt really stiff. Also the updated graphics which has more flash made it look too flashy. Not in a good way. I had a hard time seeing where i was going on some rally stages. I could always lower some graphics options of course. I know that my impression wont be a popular view but its just how i felt. Im gonna install it and check again. Although also all DLC's are put on your drive even if you dont buy them/dont want them and so the game is now close to 100GB even if you only have the game and no DLC's. I think you can play with others who have the DLC(?) but still not everyone do. Dont like this practice of putting DLC's you dont buy on your drive. Especially nowadays when some of us who dont have a lot of cash lying around and using expensive SSD's that we saved up to buy. Maybe there is an option to choose to not install the DLC's for those that wont play with others but im not sure its possible.

Anywhoo, no hate. Just my own personal feelz. :) I do think you should test it to see if you like it. You have 2h i think to test it and return it if its not up your alley.

Just where did I say EVERYTHING is rehashed content? Nothing like putting words in someone's mouth so you can attack them for making an imaginary post.

The article is about Audi, Peugeot, Fiesta which are base game content. Upcoming Megane and more Fiestas too. Never said that Clio, Ibiza or Mini are in the base game.

Fair enough, I may have jumped the gun and took your post being aimed at the whole Season 4, not just the mentioned cars. Apologies for that.

Are we sure that these are just skins though? The difference between 18/19 cars ain't huge IRL but models may be updated to 19 spec cars with all that comes along with it?

Couldnt even do donuts with really high powered cars which was really strange. Not that you are supposed to do donuts, lol, but that it wasnt possible says something about the physics or tire behavior - or whatever it is that stops natural things from working.

Seems strange. It's been possible to do donuts from day 1, it was pretty much the first thing I tested as cars in D4 had issues with this.

Overall I really enjoy RX in DR2. I'd say the tire model is somewhat simplified, the tires are too effective maintaining lateral and longitudal grip at the same time, making the cars quicker than they are IRL, but the basic car behavior is there and presented well imo.

I find the RX content refreshing, it's something different and definitely requires a completely different approach/skill sets to rallying or circuit racing so for me kudos to CM for trying to make a go of it. However, there is a much bigger underlaying problem. None of the DLCs are used in (sorry for swearing) career mode. For some reason since last week I have not been able to sign in to RaceNet so no online content for me. Having discussed the matter on several forums I find that I am far from the only one experiencing this issue. After checking through the official CM forum I find that this problem has been known and occurring since 2015 yet it appears that nothing has been done. These game/sims are not cheap and a large majority of gamers, I'm not counting the serious sim racers in this, are on low incomes so any new game/sim represents a hefty investment on their part. For an issue such as this to be allowed to continue for what is now a period in excess of 4 years (Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally are experiencing the same probs) and the developers doing nothing about it is at best shoddy. It almost smacks of "We've got your money if it doesn't work. your problem". Rant over

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%