Dirt racing / Off road

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
I really hope that off road and dirt racing will be properly supported in rF2. That is something I have really missed in the first game.

Although some mods were made to fill the dirt needs it always felt a bit weird imo. Would be so much fun to drive with a bunch of nutcases in an offroad car on some of those MadCowie stadium tracks :)

For some reason those offroad mods always felt like something was wrong. I dont know if it was caused by the game it self or people that build mods without having the proper specs for the cars.

They've released screenshots of a dirt track already, as well as what appears to be a trophy truck.

rfactor2_dirt-track.jpg

rf2_02.jpg

rf2_01.jpg

rf2-006.jpg

So I think this is going to be catered for. :)

Lets hope so.

Apart from dirt tracks it would be insane to see a decent P2P track for rallying driving.

Maybe rF2 can finally replace Richard Burns Rally :)

Something was wrong with the offroad simulation in rF. Never ever made a mod which made me feel that i drive a rally car off the tracks. I don't really know which part of the simulation was unrealistic, but i'm afraid the 'contact' betwwen the car's model and the ground by the suspension and the tyres. I think the physical reaction of the ground was wrong in rF, but may i'm wrong...

I'd like to get a good kind of replacement of RBR, as you said.

I am bit surprised that we haven't seen any offroad or dirt screenshots lately. Does anybody know if there will be offroad vehicles and tracks in the game by default?

I am bit surprised that we haven't seen any offroad or dirt screenshots lately. Does anybody know if there will be offroad vehicles and tracks in the game by default?

I couldn't be any more positive about that than I am right now. With the post from Marcus Dillon showing an offroad track and an offroad vehicle as the major indicator in mind, ofcourse.

I think it's safe to say that it will come with the game by default. The only reason that they haven't posted any screenshots as of late, in the way I see it, is because they want to give sneak previews of various content as broadly as can be done. After all, the main benefactor of rFactor has always been grip-racing, as proven by many testimonies (in this thread too) about the lacking immersion in the offroad mods that were made. ISI never made their own mod for rFactor that was offroad focused as far as I know either.

So chances are they are doing something about that. I'm betting alot of us, the offroad lovers, will prefer rFactor 2 as the primary sim for rallying and so on, with the aging of RBR becoming increasingly apparent :) In fact I can't think of anything else I want more in rFactor 2 as of now, after all the other content that has been officially announced.

Here's to hoping for proper offroad experiences in rFactor 2!

I think they said in the Inside Sim Racing thing that point to point will be supported. Thought it would be nice to get more details regarding the actual dirt physics. As much as I love RBR, it is flawed, and it is showing its age.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%