DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT is now "EA SPORTS Rally"

To be honest, if they were just to rename the studio behind the games, they wouldn't kill off their existing social media channels for DiRT.

It's Codemasters that's on the way out. I'm sure the Codies identity and passion will slowly be beaten out of the devs until they're spending 1% of their time on gameplay and 99% of their time on playing cards.

E.
A.
Sports.
It's f*****g ruined.

To be fair 2.0 was a step back in many ways for me, all the false difficult areas, the cheats to make you crash, you had to learn tracks like f1 tracks to set amazing times, race finish boards made of concrete and jutting into the road, that never happens in real rallying, yet in 2.0 the stage finishes were nearly always made falsely difficult to kill you at the end.

It was a game designed originally by fans and great devs and totally ruined by idiots trying to make an excellent game in Dr into a sort of Dark Souls for cars in 2.0

And dont get me started on t eh farcical way DLC was added when all of it was old stuff made to look pretty

To be fair 2.0 was a step back in many ways for me, all the false difficult areas, the cheats to make you crash, you had to learn tracks like f1 tracks to set amazing times, race finish boards made of concrete and jutting into the road, that never happens in real rallying, yet in 2.0 the stage finishes were nearly always made falsely difficult to kill you at the end.

It was a game designed originally by fans and great devs and totally ruined by idiots trying to make an excellent game in Dr into a sort of Dark Souls for cars in 2.0

And dont get me started on t eh farcical way DLC was added when all of it was old stuff made to look pretty
1. false difficulty areas? eh?
2. you have always had to learn the tracks to set amazing times, that is literally every racing game ever.
3. the finish boards were like that to stop people cheating at the end of a time trial
4. DR1 was just as difficult, the only difference was DR2.0 had more weight, a far better more realistic handling feel than DR1
5. not all the DLC was previous content, forgetting Scotland and some of the new cars like the Legacy? and you were not forced to buy it. the old stages and cars were totally reworked and looked amazing, and played even better in DR2.0, it was great for the fans. how was it farcical to bring content from a very popular rally title into the sequel and update it? many games do this for the fans

Last edited:
With false difficulty I mean the game was already hard, they made the newer version narrower, the rain is pathetic, the wet handling even more pathetic, the stages mainly seem to be pairs with different styles rather than one style, there are rocks everywhere not true in rally, the finish boards are made of stone not balsa and are totally unrealistic in every way, the stage finishes are nearly always very fast and tricky purely designed to catch you out while jerking off in your face that you nearly got to the end, the edges of the road are stone but lok like piles of gravel, totally unrealistic and desigend to roll you instantly. is that enough?

It is inevitable that you learnt eh stages, but that is not really how ralying used to work it is a bt now as rallying is far removed from what it was even 20 years ago, but aliens and freaks literally know every bump, crest and every single place to cut, again massively unrealistic, they also treat the cars in a way that they would blow up every stage,

Dr! some cars handled far better, front engined rwd felt far better in DR1, they got the mid engined physics totally wrong in DR1, fixed in 2, rallycross is far better, but rwd is not as good and 4wd just fees mushy and dull, never got right in either game.

And finally, ALL the original DLC was old content, yes Scotland was new and very good, but releasing it EXACTKY the same just graphically better was a con, pure and simple.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back