DiRT 5 DiRT 5 | Xbox Series S Gameplay Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released new video footage of the upcoming DiRT 5 videogame on Microsoft Xbox Series S - the upcoming new device from the console gaming giants.
  • First next gen Xbox gameplay.
  • First look at Path Finder mode.
  • Release scheduled for November 6th.

In this latest video release, players get the opportunity to see the new Path Finder category in action - showcasing the Rock Climber buggy as it navigates its way through a marble mine somewhere in Italy.

Set to release in November following an initially delayed original shipment date, Codemasters state that the new title has been optimised for Xbox One, Xbox Series S and X, allowing the studio the opportunity to ensure the game performs at its very best regardless of the platform chosen - thanks in part to the new Microsoft Smart Delivery System.

The new game is set to feature multiple off-road racing categories, of which Path Finder is just one such example - giving players a wide choice of different driving modes to enjoy.

DiRT 5 will release from November 6th 2020.

Want to get involved with the DiRT 5 community? Head over to the DiRT 5 sub forum and start a thread up today!

DiRT 5 2.jpg

Last edited:
Going to look into this one as well, reading / looking at reviews first then making up my mind whether to make a purchase and assuming it will be available for PC
Video looks fun / interesting and almost reminded me of BeamNG.

Last edited:
Someone in YouTube said "it looks like they are driving around in Counter-Strike" :D Maybe a bit exaggerating but the graphics aren't really amazing. Maybe it's the track

If you simplify physics (vs. Dirt Rally 2.0) isn't that what the game should do... blow your mind with visuals? Otherwise what's the point. The gameplay itself is much more shallow "turn left-turn right" ordeal, compared to actual sims. So what is left? Graphics, imo

Codies should stick with more realistic titles like Dirt Rally 2.0, don't think they can compete in graphics with likes of Forza Horizon 4. And their EGO engine isn't the best optimized either

Last edited:
And their EGO engine isn't the best optimized either
Correct if wrong, but I personally would have thought that Ian Bell being the CEO of SMS and now Executive Director of Codemasters that it would be sensible to start using the 'Madness Engine' in Codemasters future games at some point, as it has amazing graphics (PC2 / AMS2), well optimized (PC2 / AMS2), great FFB/ Phyics capability (AMS2), Day to Night transitions and awesome Weather patterns :inlove::thumbsup:....a very good complete 'engine' for Sim Racers with the possibility of room for expansion....personal opinion of course;):D

Last edited:
Someone in YouTube said "it looks like they are driving around in Counter-Strike" :D Maybe a bit exaggerating but the graphics aren't really amazing. Maybe it's the track

If you simplify physics (vs. Dirt Rally 2.0) isn't that what the game should do... blow your mind with visuals? Otherwise what's the point. The gameplay itself is much more shallow "turn left-turn right" ordeal, compared to actual sims. So what is left? Graphics, imo

Codies should stick with more realistic titles like Dirt Rally 2.0, don't think they can compete in graphics with likes of Forza Horizon 4. And their EGO engine isn't the best optimized either
i upload new updated wwiseConfig.xml run new systems could add to dirt 5 please make game sound better or edit bit more fix up stuff i didn't.

The only place those exist in on ebay :mad:
Dirt5 looks too gamey for my liking. I Still haven't come to grips with DirtRally2.:O_o:

Then again, the move away from reality-based titles may be a growing trend, and for good reason.

. . . this beautiful RTX-3080 can be yours for only . . .
$70,000.00 usd. :p

I read that the Ebay price gouging, scalping and bot use is being countered with false sky-high offers (Counter-bot Bots).

Correct if wrong, but I personally would have thought that Ian Bell being the CEO of SMS and now Executive Director of Codemasters that it would be sensible to start using the 'Madness Engine' in Codemasters future games at some point, as it has amazing graphics (PC2 / AMS2), well optimized (PC2 / AMS2), great FFB/ Phyics capability (AMS2), Day to Night transitions and awesome Weather patterns :inlove::thumbsup:....a very good complete 'engine' for Sim Racers with the possibility of room for expansion....personal opinion of course;):D
well.. then there is Project Cars 3, meant to be arcade, it has worse graphics than PC2, worse FFB than PC2.. I think adding Ian Bell may not have had the effect one would guess.. Id say in the opposite direction probably ;)

Well, it seems its for consoles, so...
True but the new Xbox/PS5 is equivalent to a fairly decent gaming PC. That's not really an excuse to look as bad as those textures

It's common that when new generation of consoles arrive, some of the first games visually resemble the previous gen. Developers don't fully utilize the power of the new hardware, due to lack of skill/experience

Last edited:
Currently I am playing in Dirt 4 I have not tried Dirt 5 beut from what I see in these videos I also find it interesting what I like the most about Dirt 4 are the kartcross and buggies but there are very few circuits and those that exist are very basic or simple . I imagine that Dirt 5 has more circuits for this type of vehicle or am I dreaming? because it's what really interests me

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%