DiRT 5 DiRT 5 | Release Date Moved To November, Next Gen Console

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have moved their upcoming DiRT 5 rally game to a November release window, whilst also confirming launch title status for the next gen Xbox Series S/X.
  • Release postponed until November 6th for PS4/Xbox One/PC.
  • November 10th release date for next gen consoles.
  • New Xbox Series S/X launch title.
Codemasters have made the decision to release the upcoming DiRT 5 videogame a little later than initially planned, confirming that the studio now intend to release on November 6th 2020 as well as include the new game as a launch title for the next generation Xbox Series console.

"DIRT 5 has received widespread critical acclaim, culminating with it receiving the gamescom 2020 Best Racing Game Award,” said Frank Sagnier, Chief Executive Officer at Codemasters. “The revised launch date will allow us to take advantage of the next generation console launches which are expected in time for the holiday season."
The new game has been in development for a while back at Codemasters HQ, and is set to be the fifth instalment of the popular and slightly more light hearted spin off to the DiRT Rally off road franchise.

Dirt 5 middle.jpg

Featuring multiple different vehicle disaplines, from traditional point-to-point rally to off road buggies and more, the game looks to mix the successful realism features of DiRT Rally, with more varied and interesting content options for players looking to enjoy a varied and easier to pick up gameplay style.

DiRT 5 Key Features:

Let Loose
Whilst respecting the heritage and retaining the DNA of the franchise, DIRT 5 writes a new chapter in the legacy of DIRT – bolder and braver than ever before. New features, new innovations and a fresh approach make DIRT 5 a hub of off-road racing, style and culture, where you can constantly create highlight-reel moments.

Push The Limits with Incredible Cars
Get behind the wheel of an eclectic and exciting roster of cars. Conquer the toughest of terrain with boulder-beating machines, take iconic rally cars to new locations, or feel the power of 900bhp sprint cars. Rallycross, GT, trophy trucks, buggies muscle cars complete the ultimate off-road garage.

Compete or Co-Operate in Off-Road Action
Local split-screen up to four players on offline modes, including Career, makes DIRT 5 the perfect couch multiplayer racing game as you battle for position with your friends. Online, throw down in curated race playlists for up to 12 players and compete in innovative objective-based modes.

Create and Capture with New Features
Capture your biggest jumps and best moves with a detailed Photo Mode, and show your creative flair with DIRT’s deepest-ever livery editor for all cars. Plus, more brand new features that allow all players to create and play in DIRT like never before.

DiRT 5 will release from November 6th 2020.

Want to get involved with the DiRT 5 community? Head over to the DiRT 5 sub forum and start a thread up today!

DiRT 5 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
mod-edit: personal insults not allowed

user-edit: Guess what guys, CMR series evolved into DiRT series and I bet you Dirt 2 and 3 sold more than any of the CMR games total.

So yes Dirt Rally is the spinoff. Don't like it? Sod off.

To whoever edited my post. I'll keep putting simracing elitist twats in their place. It's their fault every sim on the market is pretty much the same crap. Good physics,bugger all else to do in terms of gameplay. God forbid we actually get something fun to do.

And when developers actually go and make a racing game with believable physics (PC3, Dirt 5 here) these people come out of the woodworks and bury the title even before its out AND ITS NOT EVEN AIMED AT BEING SOLD TO THEM.

Last edited:
You know that DiRT Rally is the spinoff game, not the main series right?
Yeah, didn't knew that :x3:
I meant it's not worth Dirt, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, Dirt 4 name.
But, in the hindsight... it's not worth A N Y DiRT name. God forbid DiRT RALLY or DR 2.0.
Do I need to tell you how stupid you are or can you at least figure that out.
Thanks for using names. You truly showed your greatness, I guess.
Don't know why you so pissed off on first place, it's not like I'm the alone with this opinion, you living under the rock ?
Just look at these comments here on this page for christ sake :whistling:
Or it's that or you working for the company, I can't see another explanation. In both cases... sorry I burst your soap balloon.
And I won't go down your level, I think you're very nice, caring and deeply thoughtful human being. Have a nice life.

What was that video about, a racing game or a lighting show?
I feel my itchy screen shot trigger finger twitching :rolleyes::redface::roflmao::roflmao: ...am I going over to the 'Dark Side' :confused:.

Joking aside, it does look flashy, maybe that's the trend / flavor of the month at the moment.

Is 'Dirt 5' using the 'Madness Engine' ?...if so and it has wheel support and FFB like PC3... I may be interested :confused: ;)

EDIT: Using the 'Ego' Engine from a early preview video

Last edited:
And I won't go down your level, I think you're very nice, caring and deeply thoughtful human being. Have a nice life.

I wish I had your delusion. Might make the world a slightly nicer place to occupy. It's just beast doing his usual self. It's great we only have to suffer him through the internet.

Next, we'll be called cretins by him for hoping for wheel support.

• Deleted member 963434

tey go smart way and split into two rally games, thats dirt 5 arcade and dirt rally simulator. i told earlier sms should go same way and make two games like shift arcade and pCARS simulators, but tey go dumb way and turned pCARS simulator into pCARS arcade and tried to sold us shift named pCARS. codemasters go smart way tis dirt for console pad players, and dirt rally for ones seeking realism

I feel my itchy screen shot trigger finger twitching :rolleyes::redface::roflmao::roflmao: ...am I going over to the 'Dark Side' :confused:.

Joking aside, it does look flashy, maybe that's the trend / flavor of the month at the moment.

Is 'Dirt 5' using the 'Madness Engine' ?...if so and it has wheel support and FFB like PC3... I may be interested :confused: ;)

EDIT: Using the 'Ego' Engine from a early preview video

That game must be kind of a demo for the new consoles, so they did a flashy
exhibition to show all its new power, I guess. But, that much lighiting effects
at the same time look ridiculous and pretty unrealistic for a racing game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%