DiRT 5 DiRT 5 | New 'Stampede' Arizona Track Gameplay Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a first look at the Arizona Stampede track that will be available as part of the launch content for the upcoming rally racer.
  • DiRT 5 releases October 9th.
  • First footage of the new venue and gameplay mode.

Having been announced by Codemasters as the successor to the popular arcade spin off DiRT franchise, DiRT 5 will be racing onto current generation consoles and PC early October, with Xbox Series X, PS5 and Google Stadia versions set to be deployed towards the end of the year - early 2021.

We've already heard quite a bit about the new title, and now its time to take a look at Stampede - using the Jimco Unlimited Truck around a new Arizona based track that Codemasters promise offers "Hard, unforgiving natural landscapes, built for rough-and-ready machines with suspension and shock absorbers galore, Stampede circuits are tough, to say the least. Up to 12 cars will be able to compete in these extreme events.

Also of interest in the new video is Codemasters new dynamic weather system, with the footage showing off an incoming lightening storm - visual goodies galore in this one it seems.

DiRT 5 will be available October 2020 on the Xbox and PlayStation family of consoles and PC, with Google Stadia to follow.

Keep your eye out in the DiRT 5 sub forum here at RD - a perfect place to discuss the game.

Dirt 5 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Rename it to ''Motorstorm: Dirt'' or so. But I guess they using 'Dirt' because the name sells. The glory times of Codemasters are long go. It had a revival with Dirt Rally 1, but since then.. it plumped again.
They wished. Motorstorm 1 & 2 are miles ahead of this footage.

They keep missing what makes offroad fun. Its the suspension play + weight transfer + lack of grip.

I say this knowing the team behind dirt5 came from evo studios (the makers of motorstorm), so its not like they don't know how to do it.

Oh damn, it's not so much Dirt 5 that amuses me but Paul, your little goatee and mustache got me bugged for a few moments, I thought it was Franck Ribery with long hair ^^

I specify that I haven't drunk, not yet, except water ^^ of course it's humor :p

Not sure if I will get this. I redemeed DiRT 4 almost instantly when it came out. That last footage in bumper view almost looked like a PS2 game. Hard sell when you're aiming at the new generation of consoles.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%