DiRT 4 DiRT 4 Launch Trailer Revealed Ahead of Release 9th June

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 4.jpg

Codemasters have revealed the latest trailer for DiRT 4 ahead of the game release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on June 9th.

Coming off the back of the highly acclaimed DiRT Rally from 2015, Codemasters have looked to keep much of the simulation orientated vibe of the previous game whilst mixing in the ever popular additional content and features more traditionally found in the DiRT franchise of titles.

Although still lacking somewhat in unique stage locations, Codemasters have implemented a brand new stage generation technology in the new release that should allow users near endless opportunity to create new and unique stage configurations across the five country locations found in the base install of the game.

As well as the 'Your Stage' stage generation feature the new title will see the return of the popular FIA World Rallycross licence, new cars in Landrush mode and an in depth career and management mode.

Closer to a sequel to DiRT Rally than a new DiRT franchise release, this new title looks like Codemasters have struck a solid mix between variety and realism as they look to appeal to the wider gaming audience and dedicated rally fans alike.

To celebrate the upcoming release you can catch the new trailer below:

With only a few days to go until the game goes live Codemasters will have to put their money where their mouth is on June 9th as fans get the first opportunity to see if this new title can live up to the hype surrounding its pre release promotion.

Here is hoping Codemasters have created one of the most complete modern rally sims in recent years. Only time will tell.

DiRT 4 will be release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC June 9th 2017.

For all the latest news, discussions, downloads and organised racing events then head over to the DiRT 4 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and become an active member of our DiRTy community! Find your inner dirt monster and get yourself involved in the action here at your RaceDepartment.com!

Excited for the release of DiRT 4? Share your enthusiasms / scepticism or general musing on the world of the DiRT series in the comments section below !

Quoting myself from AC forum posts.

FFB feels much worse than DR in every possible way, dirt or tarmac lol
tarmac is endless grip.. and when it snaps, its like on off grip.
RWD Historic vehicles feels like garbage compared to DR.

DR ffb is MUCH more informative detailed and fun.

My stage is awesome, wish DR had that.

Dirt 4 is the arcadefication of dirt rally to the bones imho arrrrgh .
Refunding in 45 min it seems

----------------------------
i removed all assists.. first thing i've done, even checked 3 times if they were indeed off, disabled hud and subtitles too.
played 80min and opened refund already.

FFB feels heavier but without any detail, just drove lancia stratos in DR and D4,,, DR wins by a good margin, much more details trough the wheel, much better powerslides on dirt too, a lot more rewarding to drive than d4, better mid turn control with throttle on DR too etc. \\\\\\\\\\for me the physics in D4 is way worse overall.

Tarmac in D4 is a bit better than DR but still garbage.

OK so had to see myself.... played 100 minutes of rally, sim mode all assists off (duh). Refunded.

Cars have ridiculous lateral/backend grip. Getting them sideways or provoking on-throttle oversteer is much too difficult, even a goddamn Group B RWD car. Tried gravel, snow... various cars. Same crap.

Also, FFB wasn't as communicative or engaging as DR.

Your Stage is great. Absolutely great, devastating to see the wasted potential here.
Tarmac was improved a lot IMO. Nowhere near Assetto Corsa/AMS good but much better than DR. Ironically. It's the other surfaces now that are the problem.
Physics under heavy braking had nice instability and weight, that felt actually more realistic

Was able to run triples at 60 fps, by dropping some settings to high/medium and 2x AA. There might be new drivers later to make it run better though. Looked ok, not really much better than DR. Triples are stretched, no true triple screen.

Waiting for patch(es) and maybe reconsider.

Last edited:
Had half an hour or so on it this morning before work. So far I haven't found much to complain about! The game picked up and correctly configured my T500, clubsport v3 pedals and shifter with no additional input from me. Set the graphics to ultra, no performance issues or stuttering as some others have had. Driving experience on set to simulation and turning off all the assists seems fine, I drove the evo 6 on a short generated stage in Wales in the rain. I enjoyed it and could feel certain aspects which have improved compared to dirt rally. Will get a better feel for it later tonight.

Saw this clip the other day
Looks more like he's driving a FWD than a RWD, not as much counter steering going on as one would expect with that car.

As far as tarmac, Porkhammer himself said in the comments of one of his videos the car still slides on tarmac. Less than DR v2, but still does.

Saw this clip the other day
Looks more like he's driving a FWD than a RWD, not as much counter steering going on as one would expect with that car.

As far as tarmac, Porkhammer himself said in the comments of one of his videos the car still slides on tarmac. Less than DR v2, but still does.

Tarmac is better than DR, but still somewhat strange. In slower cars it feels quite good, but with faster cars the rear end of the car still feels like it's just gliding along rather than gripping the tarmac.

I've never been able to drive the cars the way Porkie though, it's easier to drive yourself and judge rather than watch him drive.

Lateral grip still seems a too high. When initiating a slide the back end regains grip very fast, straightening the car out faster than you want. This makes most cars very understeery.

Still, the M3 feels absolutely brilliant in the Dirt fish area. Just out a curiousity as you are quite the critic ;), what are your thoughts about the footage down below?

I cancelled my pre-order so I could see the reviews first... Loved Dirt Rally, hated Dirt 3 and so far Dirt 4 appears to be giving off a numbered Dirt game vibe. Will probably wait until it's first Steam sale before I purchase D4.

In one of the You Tube reviews I've watched, the reviewer commented that if he hadn't already known about the Dirt series, he'd have thought Dirt 4 had been released before Dirt Rally.

I only spent an hour or so on the game didn't want to lose the chance for a refund, but to me it felt like a backwards step from Dirt Rally. The handling felt very dumbed down, the graphics look worse, it looked and felt like a console game.
I didn't delve deep into it but from what I saw its not for me, it will no doubt sell very well on the console market, that's its targeted audience.

Tarmac is better than DR, but still somewhat strange. In slower cars it feels quite good, but with faster cars the rear end of the car still feels like it's just gliding along rather than gripping the tarmac.

I've never been able to drive the cars the way Porkie though, it's easier to drive yourself and judge rather than watch him drive.

Lateral grip still seems a too high. When initiating a slide the back end regains grip very fast, straightening the car out faster than you want. This makes most cars very understeery.

Still, the M3 feels absolutely brilliant in the Dirt fish area. Just out a curiousity as you are quite the critic ;), what are your thoughts about the footage down below?

I am looking for grip levels in your video --controllable or not ??--. At first I thought to much grip :( , but then at 1:54 minutes everything changes :) you do a which is clearly a controllable donut slide on tarmac in second gear, So this one helped me :thumbsup:

I am looking for grip levels in your video --controllable or not ??--. At first I thought to much grip :( , but then at 1:54 minutes everything changes :) you do a which is clearly a controllable donut slide on tarmac in second gear, So this one helped me :thumbsup:

In Dirt Fish it's absolutely controllable, this is a gravel spec car with gravel tires and the surface in Dirt fish is mixed tarmac and another type of gravel. The M3 behaves pretty much bang on as I expect a gravel spec car to do on such a surface.

Gravel(Michigan/Australia/Wales) could be tweaked though as the lateral grip is too high out on the stages. Most cars regains grip way too quick to get any real oversteer so you always seems to end up with the front in the direction you are countersteering.

The Dirt fish are proves that there are good things going on in D4 though, so I'm kinda hoping for a patch that loosens the gravel a tad.

In Dirt Fish it's absolutely controllable, this is a gravel spec car with gravel tires and the surface in Dirt fish is mixed tarmac and another type of gravel. The M3 behaves pretty much bang on as I expect a gravel spec car to do on such a surface.

Gravel(Michigan/Australia/Wales) could be tweaked though as the lateral grip is too high out on the stages. Most cars regains grip way too quick to get any real oversteer so you always seems to end up with the front in the direction you are countersteering.

The Dirt fish are proves that there are good things going on in D4 though, so I'm kinda hoping for a patch that loosens the gravel a tad.
Aaaa okay didn't know this, never heard the term " Dirt fish " , So you can't do the same on clean tarmac ??? first gear maybe ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back