DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Wales Rally Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wales GB DiRT Rally 2.0.jpg

Codemasters have released the Wales Rally GB location for DiRT Rally 2.0.

Available now on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam for around £2.99, the Wales stages have been made available for DiRT Rally 2.0 with immediate effect.

DiRT 2.0: Codemasters first look at Wales GB Video

Available as either a standalone DLC or as part of the various Deluxe versions of the game, Wales returns to the latest DiRT game release further enhanced over the original DR1 version, benefitting from new shaders that offer improved graphics, deformable stage surface degradation and all the goodies that come with the latest DiRT Rally 2.0 title.

I'm sure plenty of people reading this article and playing the game remain disappointed that the Wales stages from DR1 have been added to the new title as purchasable downloadable content, however for around £2.99 and with quality like this, after blasting through the Welsh forests I'm sure you'll soon forget all about it....

DiRT 2.0 Wales b.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For news and discussions regarding DiRT 2.0, head over to the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the discussion today.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
@LibranRabbit If that's the same Templar who kept messing with DR1 FFB, then I don't think I'm interested ;)
Besides, I wasn't really talking about graphics alone. Sure, DR2 looks noticeably better, but that's not the main difference between the two games for me. DR2 is just so much better in every way. And I'm saying that as someone who spent an awful lot of time with DR1 and played it basically since the day it entered Early Access.

Last edited:
This game is shaping up nicely. I've had a lot of fun running rallies and club events with my mates.

I hope Codies knows what they have here and keep releasing rally DLC and squashing bugs for at least a few years. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen, though :)

This game is shaping up nicely. I've had a lot of fun running rallies and club events with my mates.

I hope Codies knows what they have here and keep releasing rally DLC and squashing bugs for at least a few years. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen, though :)
didn´t they say they will support the game for 6 month and than look up to other projects?

@LibranRabbit DR2 is just so much better in every way.

Of course, the useless digital handbrake in DR2 is much better than the analog handbrake in DR1. A rally sim without handbrake control is simply a waste of time. I have spent a decent amount of money in my HE handbrake for a reason, not just to decorate my rig. When they fix a basic problem like this I will reinstall the game and give it a try again.

Of course, the useless digital handbrake in DR2 is much better than the analog handbrake in DR1. A rally sim without handbrake control is simply a waste of time. I have spent a decent amount of money in my HE handbrake for a reason, not just to decorate my rig.
Then I guess I'm glad I didn't spend a decent amount of money on HE handbrake (though I would personally call it a ridiculous amount of money given the price of the handbrake), so I have no issues with using handbrake in DR2 the same way I was using it in DR1 and pretty much any game and also have no issue with handbrake control, so I'm enjoying the game tremendously instead of considering it a waste of time. (Not that I'm using handbrake that much anyway, it's mostly not needed anyway, and if so, one or two digital "tugs" on it are all that's needed.)

But I'm really sorry that your expensive equipment hinders you from enjoying a great game and even makes you consider it "a waste of time" (and ramble about it on the internet the moment someone says he is enjoying the game tremendously) because a single minor thing doesn't work exactly as you would want it to. I guess that must feel pretty bad (no sarcasm here).

I heard a rumor the Steam version won’t have VR, only the Rift Store one. Does anyone know if this is true?

I’m so disappointed! I bought it on a sale and it’s collecting dust until VR comes - no pun intended. Sadly, I did go over my 120 minutes trying the game.

Feels so much better than DR1 simply due to the fact that the Moon gravity from DR1 is gone. Now the cars actually ride bumps and land as a proper rally car would.

The lighting is still worse than it was in Dirt 4 though...Dunno what happened. Probably smaller budget.

Feels so much better than DR1 simply due to the fact that the Moon gravity from DR1 is gone. Now the cars actually ride bumps and land as a proper rally car would.

The lighting is still worse than it was in Dirt 4 though...Dunno what happened. Probably smaller budget.

Yeah with this game actually having gravity Wales is so much more enjoyable. I still find some of the jumps and a bumps a bit OTT but it’s far superior to DR1. Will be interesting what Finland is like when that comes along ;)

I agree with you about the lighting too. Sunny conditions on a damp/wet stage do look fairly awful.

Yeah, the lighting is overdone on wet surfaces. It looks like there is a layer of ice (reflecting white) over the entire surface - even though it's just wet. Hopefully they can address that.

Otherwise, it's great to have these stages in DR2.

Well, wet surface is extremely hard to do in computer graphics. It is too complex to be modeled properly and still run at high enough framerates, and if you approximate it, it doesn't look entirely natural, it mostly looks like semi-glossy plastic. Add the bumpy surface to the mix and the fact we're looking at it at a fairly shallow angle where aliasing is kinda exaggerated, and it can look weird.

Also the reflections are not exactly as they should be (but again, I understand why). If you have screen space reflections enabled, they are way too perfect and strong. If you disable SSR, then it kinda looks more realistic, but you lose the accuracy of the reflection, it is just a more or less static bitmap.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 461 39.3%