DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Season 1 DLC Coming March 12th - New Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally will be coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 this March 12th - with Monte Carlo to follow shortly after.

Unlike 2015's DiRT Rally video game, DR2.0 comes complete with a robust post launch DLC delivery plan, the first fruits of which will be made available to players as soon as this March 12th. Containing the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally, the 'season one, stage one' content will be available for all players who own the Deluxe Edition, while Day One and Standard Edition owners will have the opportunity to purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual pieces of content separately via their digital store of choice.

"We are delighted to bring back two iconic rally cars which will excite our core community and give new fans a taste of rally history,” commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. “The Citroën C4 Rally was extremely dominant in the late 2000s and features Petter Solberg’s livery, who enjoys a great working relationship with the studio. The ŠKODA Fabia Rally was driven by the great Colin McRae, and we are very proud that players will be able to experience another of his iconic vehicles. Players can expect incredible traction and stability from the both these vehicles, and they make a fantastic addition to the legendary car roster in DiRT Rally 2.0.”
Hot on the heels of these two new cars will be the returning Monte Carlo Rally, redesigned and uplifted for DR2.0, which should be made available to purchase as part of this first DLC pack a little later in the month on March 26th.

DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC Schedule
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Open Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all Season One content, release dates above, plus Season Two which features a similar level of content as part of their Season Pass. All other players can purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual piece of content separately.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC now.

Check out the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community engagement and of course some pretty sweet mods and League and Club racing too.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Did i just watched an Dirt Rally 1.0 video with an Skoda and and Citroen? Monte Carlo seems like the one in the original Dirt Rally maybe with a graphical update.
With that said, i feel sweden and germany get the same treat :-(
Thankfully i didn't bought it. I'll wait until it's for ~20€

Did i just watched an Dirt Rally 1.0 video with an Skoda and and Citroen? Monte Carlo seems like the one in the original Dirt Rally maybe with a graphical update.
That's exactly that, the same stages, just updated.

That's exactly what it looks like indeed.

Well count me out for Dirt Rally 2.0, this is just sad.

Wow, that was quick... almost as if they already had all the DLC content ready at launch and only split it off to make more money instead of providing more content and working on the DLC stages while the game is out. /s

Just get the Deluxe version and all the DLC for the first two years is covered.

Or wait till it's in a steam sale for half price.
They dropped F1 2019 down pretty quick in a steam sale.
Honestly i am revisiting DiRT till the beta testers who paid the most iron out the issues...
I did the same with DiRT 4, thank God i did as i never purchased it as it was rubbish...it's 8.99 in stem sales now and still i avoid it...
You really only need DiRT and RBR...
And I got my PC version of DiRT for 5.99......

If you haven't bought it yet, buy the deluxe edition from CD keys as it's $40 cheaper than steam...it will help soften the disappointment lol

I spent a good week and a bit just playing Dirt convincing myself nah it's not as bad as most say it is, and admit I had some fun along the way.

Than I fired up my go to sim for RallyX and quickly realized how bad Dirt Rally actually was.

They need a big patch before dlc comes, but after hearing Codies response to the ffb issues, I'll admit I am a bit skeptical that they will be able to fix or improve it....hopefully they can cause it's current state is just bad compared to other titles.

I find it appalling...
The game is barely out and already there's a DLC.
WHAT? Did they released an unfinished product too early? Surely looks like that!
Oh! No! Wait! it's that new style of doing business... service based with DLCs, Season Passes and Micro Transactions... you know... keep us all eating from the palm of their hand while we shell out all our precious cash in perpetuity.
Sorrey! I wont be subscribing to it.

Last edited:
Or wait till it's in a steam sale for half price.
They dropped F1 2019 down pretty quick in a steam sale.
Honestly i am revisiting DiRT till the beta testers who paid the most iron out the issues...
I did the same with DiRT 4, thank God i did as i never purchased it as it was rubbish...it's 8.99 in stem sales now and still i avoid it...
You really only need DiRT and RBR...
And I got my PC version of DiRT for 5.99......

Wow! I thought the 12.99 I paid for Dirt Rally was cheap! I still felt guilty after about 80 hours of play time in!

Once they add VR support, I'll support them. I feel I owe them for the many hours of enjoyment I am still getting out of Dirt Rally.

Let me fix that for you Paul.

Unlike 2015's DiRT Rally video game, DR2.0 comes complete with a reused post launch DLC delivery plan, the first fruits of which will be made available to players as soon as this March 12th. Containing the ŠKODA Fabia Rally car and Citroën C4 Rally car.

Let me fix that for you Paul.

Unlike 2015's DiRT Rally video game, DR2.0 comes complete with a reused post launch DLC delivery plan, the first fruits of which will be made available to players as soon as this March 12th. Containing the ŠKODA Fabia Rally car and Citroën C4 Rally car.
To be fair he is correct. The name ingame is Fabia Rally and C4 Rally because licencing... cough cough... WRC

Glad I only bought the standard version on sale for 50% off, as that's about what it's worth in its current state.

At least it supports TrackIR & Motion Platforms (telemetry output)....but that FFB...or lack thereof is really an immersion killer.
How could they have possibly messed up on such a critical component for the genre???

It's up to Codie's to fix the FFB, and even if they stripped it out of the main game before launch already had all of this DLC in the can ;), it's not very good optics to be releasing it before patching what is fundamentally broken upon release.
Sure, they have to for the Deluxe Edition buyers, but the broken FFB issues seem to be affecting most players with a wheel, regardless of brand.

Hopefully they'll fix the FFB issues soon (really soon!), VR actually happens (they could do a 180 and pull the plug, it wouldn't really shock me), otherwise I'll just cut my losses and move on.
As a whole, the game itself is quite good, hopefully they feel the same and bring it up to snuff and make it the sequel which DiRT Rally deserves.

I wonder how Oculus will feel if Codie's hands them a game with broken FFB for them to work on for the VR development?
Especially after most likely funding it and knowing their target audience will be sim racers with the appropriate hardware.

Stock up on the popcorn!

Jeez people are pathetic. Codemasters will be thrown at the lions nomatter what they do. Theres no winning there. Look at the business plans for all the other developers for Christs sweet sake. They ALL are in it for money. Get real folks.

Assetto Corsa did LOTS of dlc's and it was all uhh and ahh and fantastic and great.

But if Codemasters does NOT make dlc's its "not enough content, they gave up on us" and when they DO dlc's its "Greedy Codema$$$ters"

And if Paul as much as HINTS that tvis could actually be an okay game, he instantly gets accoused of being paid off by devs for writing a good review.

Why dont you guys get a dog you can kick around instead?

Last edited:
Those days are gone when we get ”all in one package”. Dlc’s are only way to keep companys alive.
It’s not nice that dlc’s are announced and content is almost ready before even game is released, but what we can do...

Hopefully Codemasters also improve and add features to game when they release more content, not only add new cars, liveries and stages.
Dirt Rally 2.0 can be best rally game of the all time if Codemasters wants it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 173 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%