DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Rally Germany Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 3.jpg

The German rally has arrived for DiRT 2.0!

Featured as part of the current 'season' of DLC release content for Codemasters DiRT 2.0, Rally Germany has released for the simulation earlier today - and it's a good one.

Granted, tarmac rallying isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those of you who like the tarmac (fairly) smooth and the speed (very) high, with just a pinch of danger around every corner, Rally Germany is probably pretty high up on your list of events that you like to drive.

DiRT 2.0: Season 2 full content list and release dates HERE.

DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 1.jpg
DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 2.jpg

Having made its debut in the original DiRT Rally game, the German event has been giving the DiRT 2.0 treatment ready for inserting into the new title as post release DLC, and as such benefits from a wide range of improvements and enhancements over the original version from DiRT Rally.

If you want to see it in action, check out RaceDepartment rally master @Davy Vandevenne on a fast run through one of the many challenging stages within the title:

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all content as part of their Season Pass. Similar to Season One, players who own the Day One or Standard Edition will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.
DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Yeah! Dirt Rally (1) content *thumbs up*
Wow, it looks so different and new:confused:
-----
well, the graphics are a little bit better and i don't know if there are other routes, but it looks personally like a copy from the original Dirt Rally. For me the game is the "real" Dirt Rally 2 as soon as all of the "season content" including cars is dropped.

Even though i still like the German Rally, codemasters could at least made a bit of an effort instead of just doing a copy/past of Dirt Rally 1. Just a plain simple mirror of the existing tracks would have been great.

I would love to see some new environments instead.

These are the same routes like in DR1 but with the "new" driving model now it make more fun. Imo the cars are better to control and the different surfaces are good. The point is, that the fast stages bring more fun like they does in DR1. And i dont care meanwhile that this is reworked DR1 content. Sure, it would be nice to get another rally places from Germany but hey, as long it brings fun is completly ok. I have the game since first day and i dont repent it. The ppl which wait until its a "full DR1 content game".... you miss a lot ;)
Now i wait for Wales and hopefully Greece :)

And here is a sample of fun:

As with all the updated stages from DR1, the stages feel and look a lot different (better) and are absolutely worth the meager 3 euro. There seems to be more grip compared to the original game or even to the smooth and kinda slippery tarmac of Spain, which keeps messing with me quite a lot and keeps the stages a challenge, even if I've done them countless times before. And they really do look a lot more realistic compared to the kinda cartoony look in DR1.

Just a plain simple mirror of the existing tracks would have been great.

So you would prefer them to discard the whole concept of only featuring real-life stages and going for fantasy stages?

Last edited:
Had a drive in Germany and it does look visually very nice and will look forward to the other DR1 stages like Wales, Finland, Greece...but there seems to be an Audio change in the conversions from DR1 as with Germany and Sweden that I have driven in, the CoDriver callouts are weaker /less audible than the stock DR2 content at the same audio volume level from DR1 stages to the DR2 stages...on my set up anyway.
2 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at GERMANY copy.jpg
4 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at GERMANY copy.jpg
7 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at GERMANY copy.jpg
8 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at GERMANY jump copy.jpg
9 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at GERMANY balloon copy.jpg

I've started to get really annoying micro stutter (5760x1080 res, 1080 ti) which I didn't get before. Tried to do a clean driver reinstall with DDU sweeper, no help.

Game stutters on steady 1-sec intervals. Continuously. It's not a framedrop, the game kind of "stops to think" every 1 second.. really annoying, it worked fine until last update or so (?)

Anyone experiencing same issue or found a fix for this?

I've started to get really annoying micro stutter (5760x1080 res, 1080 ti) which I didn't get before. Tried to do a clean driver reinstall with DDU sweeper, no help.

Game stutters on steady 1-sec intervals. Continuously. It's not a framedrop, the game kind of "stops to think" every 1 second.. really annoying, it worked fine until last update or so (?)

Seems fine with my RTX 2080 no issues with graphics looks perfect ultra settings. :)
5760x1080

Seems fine with my RTX 2080 no issues with graphics looks perfect ultra settings. :)
5760x1080
Weird. I didn't have this stutter, until recently, probably 30 hours worked fine. Didn't change any settings either. Dean Ogurek from AC forums said he struggles with micro stutters too. His rig 7700k, 32GB,1080 Ti triple screen. So pretty much same as me, except slower CPU + double ram

I can't quite put everything on Ultra though, shadows High and Crowd low. But it has worked fine until now

Last edited:
Complaints about this being copy and paste are absolutely puzzling to me. Germany is absolutely exceptional.
The improvements in tarmac physics from DR1 make this for me the second best DR location (behind NZ). With the physics improvements - increased tarmac roughness - the recent FFB update - and a step up in lighting / visual improvements - this is an absolute bargain.

I'd be gutted if Germany remained in DR1 and we didn't get the chance to experience it as it is now.

My Micro-stutter seems to be solved now. I updated my wheel driver (SimuCube Firmware). To my knowledge, the update didn't contain the fix; it came as a result of re-installing the wheel firmware and there are many similar cases - mostly related to Logitech wheels.

My Micro-stutter seems to be solved now. I updated my wheel driver (SimuCube Firmware). To my knowledge, the update didn't contain the fix; it came as a result of re-installing the wheel firmware and there are many similar cases - mostly related to Logitech wheels.
Managed to fix my stutter too. First DDU driver sweep, then clean reinstall of latest driver. Don't know why my 1st driver reinstall attempt didn't work

Germany is better than the old one, tarmac physics are tolerable now so it's actually alright. More fun than Spain imo (when comparing tarmac locations). Graphics wise very nice.

Hope they remaster Finland, would love to see my home country with similar level graphics. And the jumps wouldn't be as ridiculous with the new physics

Hope they remaster Finland, would love to see my home country with similar level graphics. And the jumps wouldn't be as ridiculous with the new physics
Would love to see that too, but supposedly Finland was the country they had most trouble with in regards to legal issues (emphasis on "supposedly"), so who knows. Would have to be in Season 3, though, if it ever comes. Possibly with Greece as well?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%