DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Rally Germany Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 3.jpg

The German rally has arrived for DiRT 2.0!

Featured as part of the current 'season' of DLC release content for Codemasters DiRT 2.0, Rally Germany has released for the simulation earlier today - and it's a good one.

Granted, tarmac rallying isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those of you who like the tarmac (fairly) smooth and the speed (very) high, with just a pinch of danger around every corner, Rally Germany is probably pretty high up on your list of events that you like to drive.

DiRT 2.0: Season 2 full content list and release dates HERE.

DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 1.jpg
DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 2.jpg

Having made its debut in the original DiRT Rally game, the German event has been giving the DiRT 2.0 treatment ready for inserting into the new title as post release DLC, and as such benefits from a wide range of improvements and enhancements over the original version from DiRT Rally.

If you want to see it in action, check out RaceDepartment rally master @Davy Vandevenne on a fast run through one of the many challenging stages within the title:

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all content as part of their Season Pass. Similar to Season One, players who own the Day One or Standard Edition will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.
DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
No i meant the normal self aligning force all sims have. If your wheels are not straight and you give it gas then the steering wheel center because of physics. It was too brutal on stock settings making my wheel swing from side to side while driving. I saw many people referencing this and saying to lowering that value. But i lowered it so its not a problem anymore.

Will test the FOV because i did indeed lower it slightly due to triples. Also mad that you cant lower the seat more... steering wheel on screen is at the bottom making it impossible to line up properly. Giving us more up/down movement in seat adjustment seems so damn easy - you would think.

Gonna test more tonight and see. Cheers.

There are camera mods that allows you more seating adjustment. When applied correctly it works online as well.

:alien:
You know what's weird for me ?
Feel like two entirely different persons were writing your post(s) mate. :geek:
Are they ? :sneaky:

Nope, jejeje I tryed to say that it's the best, It has surpassed RBR for me even with it's flaws.
For example, germany is totally different feel than spain tarmac, germany it's much better, also some tarmac patches feel better than others, that's the inconsistence, the cars also, some have more feeling than others, I am familiar with one of the ingame cars, and I can say it feels like the real thing, or it tryes to simulate it's behaviour.
Overall it's a mixed bag, it's the best, but it's like unpolished or incomplete. But I hope and think they are aware and they are improving it, if they fix the problems for me and that's an opinion, it's the best rally sim. Sad it can't be properly modded.

Nope, jejeje I tryed to say that it's the best, It has surpassed RBR for me even with it's flaws.
For example, germany is totally different feel than spain tarmac, germany it's much better, also some tarmac patches feel better than others, that's the inconsistence, the cars also, some have more feeling than others, I am familiar with one of the ingame cars, and I can say it feels like the real thing, or it tryes to simulate it's behaviour.
Overall it's a mixed bag, it's the best, but it's like unpolished or incomplete. But I hope and think they are aware and they are improving it, if they fix the problems for me and that's an opinion, it's the best rally sim. Sad it can't be properly modded.

May I ask which car you're familiar with?

I made a comparison video, please keep in Mind: DR 2.0 video recorded with custom graphics settings (Medium+High), while DR was recorded on Ultra
Car audio (Engine sound) is total the same (unchanged), only the env. settings was different ( Speaker + Low dynamics for DR 2.0, High dynamics and Speakers for DR)

It's not a question, every detail has been improved, plus a better tarmac physics, except sound which same good for both, and FFB is questionable for Me but it's only my opinion...

Interesting. In the direct comparison, I don't like the color grading of the DR2 Germany as much as I did in the game, it looks a bit too cold with visibly blue shadows. DR1, on the other hand, is a bit too warm and vibrant.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%