DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Rally Germany Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 3.jpg

The German rally has arrived for DiRT 2.0!

Featured as part of the current 'season' of DLC release content for Codemasters DiRT 2.0, Rally Germany has released for the simulation earlier today - and it's a good one.

Granted, tarmac rallying isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those of you who like the tarmac (fairly) smooth and the speed (very) high, with just a pinch of danger around every corner, Rally Germany is probably pretty high up on your list of events that you like to drive.

DiRT 2.0: Season 2 full content list and release dates HERE.

DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 1.jpg
DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 2.jpg

Having made its debut in the original DiRT Rally game, the German event has been giving the DiRT 2.0 treatment ready for inserting into the new title as post release DLC, and as such benefits from a wide range of improvements and enhancements over the original version from DiRT Rally.

If you want to see it in action, check out RaceDepartment rally master @Davy Vandevenne on a fast run through one of the many challenging stages within the title:

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all content as part of their Season Pass. Similar to Season One, players who own the Day One or Standard Edition will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.
DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I'v never done a rally sim, does this support VR? Looks like a lot of fun.
They have a working VR build at the Codemasters office (that was done by 3rd party developer). Now they're working on quality of life stuff (UI). Should release sometime in Summer

Honestly this could be great in VR. Old Dirt Rally was. In rallying, the limited draw distance (or resolution, rather) of headsets isn't as obvious. And the jumps and severe height differences in some stages really become alive (or nauseating, depending on person)

Dirt Rally was imo one of best VR experiences I've tried, didn't cause me nausea but I've seen people who are fine with normal circuit racing in VR, saying they get nausea in DR

Last edited:
Even though i still like the German Rally, codemasters could at least made a bit of an effort instead of just doing a copy/past of Dirt Rally 1. Just a plain simple mirror of the existing tracks would have been great.

I would love to see some new environments instead.
u can recognize the different tarmac types, more than in dirt 1 its a very good improvment , sure layout is the same, i don´t like that fact aswell but better this than nothing i also would prefer the rally stages of rally 2000, 30 min and longer was very nice

Even though i still like the German Rally, codemasters could at least made a bit of an effort instead of just doing a copy/past of Dirt Rally 1. Just a plain simple mirror of the existing tracks would have been great.

I would love to see some new environments instead.
I don't see anyone complaining that SPA or nurburgring is in every game, maybe they should mirror those too? Yes, I know that stage rally and circuit racing is not the same, but the stages in DiRT Rally were real life stages. It's not like they drive on entirely new stages each year, there are some that repeat year over year.
And I don't really get the complaints, we got 6 brand new locations in the base game already, the DR1 stages are DLC, no one's forcing you to buy them if you don't want them.

I've noticed that the video's in this thread show only the external spectator view. Does this mean that DR2 has replays showing the full replay using that view? Or does DR2 still have the same replay cameras as DR1, ie. switching from internal to external throughout the replay?
I have DR1 and don't particularly like the replay camera switching in that Sim. I much prefer the replay cameras in RBR.
I don't yet have DR2, been sitting on the fence reading all the mixed reviews, and maybe waiting for the sales to appear ;) .

I've noticed that the video's in this thread show only the external spectator view. Does this mean that DR2 has replays showing the full replay using that view? Or does DR2 still have the same replay cameras as DR1, ie. switching from internal to external throughout the replay?
I have DR1 and don't particularly like the replay camera switching in that Sim. I much prefer the replay cameras in RBR.
I don't yet have DR2, been sitting on the fence reading all the mixed reviews, and maybe waiting for the sales to appear ;) .
Replay cameras do switch random for me but depends what settings you use, fixed ect, but left default they do cycle through the cams,
Regarding the sales I bought my base game and the deluxe both codes online so saved over 30% I believe for the deluxe edition with all content. :)
24 euros I believe the base game cost, well worth the investment its awesome fun specially now the FFB is fixed,
regarding the complaints with the DLC tracks and such I do not mind too much, strange choice yes and annoying regarding purchasing content which was free within the previous title,
but the layouts and tracks are way more advanced than DR1 3d grass everywhere smoother objects and simply just way more details.

You can switch between multiple replay camera modes. And yes, you can view the whole replay in TV camera mode if you want.

Still can't save replays, though.

Well, in my opinion Germany is the best tarmac rally location in any rally game ever.
DR2 for me has kick of the throne of RBR, with Montecarlo, sweden and Germany DLCs.
But it's very inconsistent between cars/surfaces, some feel great some not too much. Also the old recycled DR1 Stages are much more FFB detailed than the new ones, and also better handling on them. Weird.
I hope they polish the bugs/flaws the game has, and this can be a rounded rally game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%