DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0 | Rally Finland Preview Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ahead of the expected release this November 5th, Codemasters have released a nice preview video from the upcoming Jämsä, Finland rally location set to be brought to DiRT Rally 2.0 in the next few days.

Set to release as part of the 'season 3' DLC package for DiRT Rally 2.0, Jämsä is another returning favourite from DR1 - although as usual the location has been significantly upgraded and improved from the original release back in 2015.

Featuring some of the most spectacular roads in rallying, Finland has long been a fan and driver favourite thanks to the high speeds, little room for error and of course those incredible jumps!

With the stages already having proven themselves to be a popular inclusion as base content in the original DiRT Rally, Codemasters have continued their (somewhat dubious) strategy of upgrading and releasing content to DiRT Rally 2.0 as post release DLC. With the 'season 3' DLC period in full swing, Finland can be purchased as either a standalone piece of content, or is included in one of the many special edition / season pass offerings from Codemasters.

DiRT 2.0 Rally Finland Preview.jpg

With only a few days left until the November 5th release date, fans who can't quite wait to get their Finland thrills can rejoice in the glory of this rather epic 30 minutes gameplay video of the upcoming content:

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now for PC and console.

If you like getting DiRTy with your fellow sim racers, head over to the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this excellent game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

And the thing for me is that unlike normal racing games that all have Monza or Spa or the Ring in one way or another, Rally has the potential to be unique and diverse.

But no, DR2 had to recycle all the exact same stages from DR1 and charge people top dollar for it, spread out over multiple seasons and deluxe versions obviously.

Just no.

I got DR1 at pre-release for 25 euro, still playing it. No way i'm going to spend about a 100 euro to play the exact same cars and stages in a "graphically enhanced" version.

The preview images aren't hazy so I guess clear conditions available. I can't wait. Sad that this is it for rally content.
And while I'm still thinking that post-process and few graphical features were better in Dirt 4, still very impressed how they managed to bump up the details of rendering, shaders, animations, and still optimize it so much that it runs better than DR1.0 on my machine.

Last edited:
And the thing for me is that unlike normal racing games that all have Monza or Spa or the Ring in one way or another, Rally has the potential to be unique and diverse.

But no, DR2 had to recycle all the exact same stages from DR1 and charge people top dollar for it, spread out over multiple seasons and deluxe versions obviously.

Just no.

I got DR1 at pre-release for 25 euro, still playing it. No way i'm going to spend about a 100 euro to play the exact same cars and stages in a "graphically enhanced" version.
I understand you, I always liked it to be something new to discover. A new stage to run, not like a circuit that you know every corner. That's why I prefer the creator of DIRT 4 stages than the dirt rally / rally v2.0 physics (they are not so bad).
I prefer the infinite stages to excellent physics but memorized sections
also dirt 4 has more rally cars.

another option is rbr:thumbsup:

I picked up the Steam Deluxe version reasonably cheap at Aussie $45 (paid $40 for the original during its beta early release) The new stages are pretty awesome with both Australia and New Zealand my faves but also Poland, New Hampshire and Argentina are really standouts, especially in VR. I am no fan of Rallycross however and would have much preferred more or longer pure Rally stages. Did not bother with Season 3 & 4 DLC but instead just bought the Greece Rally for $5.95 and will buy Finland also.

The original stages imho are well worth the price of inclusion as they do look and drive better. Also the FFB for me on AF dd wheel does in fact feel much better than the original after a few updates. Still I can understand others wanting to wait for a bigger price drop. The Steam Oculus update was worth the wait though for anyone with a Rift.

The price of the single rally won't drop anytime soon, if at all. I sing from the same sheet as you guys, I ain't no fan of what Codemasters are doing with the majority of the DLC releases, and it was a awful thing to release a road map, get people buying the deluxe on that, then introduce a new tier beyond that to fork out more when the general understanding is that buying a premium deluxe gets you everything.

That said they stumbled across one of the best VR racing experiences through no fault of their own (thanks facebook) and did (themselves) fix it to be that stellar experience. It just happened to drop right on price with a 50% deal on the base and on the season 1/2. When you lump that in with buying the Greek and Finish rallies that works out to around £40.

That was good monies spent.

Ahead of the expected release this November 5th, Codemasters have released a nice preview video from the upcoming Jämsä, Finland rally location set to be brought to DiRT Rally 2.0 in the next few days.

Set to release as part of the 'season 3' DLC package for DiRT Rally 2.0, Jämsä is another returning favourite from DR1 - although as usual the location has been significantly upgraded and improved from the original release back in 2015.

Featuring some of the most spectacular roads in rallying, Finland has long been a fan and driver favourite thanks to the high speeds, little room for error and of course those incredible jumps!

With the stages already having proven themselves to be a popular inclusion as base content in the original DiRT Rally, Codemasters have continued their (somewhat dubious) strategy of upgrading and releasing content to DiRT Rally 2.0 as post release DLC. With the 'season 3' DLC period in full swing, Finland can be purchased as either a standalone piece of content, or is included in one of the many special edition / season pass offerings from Codemasters.

View attachment 332770

With only a few days left until the November 5th release date, fans who can't quite wait to get their Finland thrills can rejoice in the glory of this rather epic 30 minutes gameplay video of the upcoming content:

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now for PC and console.

If you like getting DiRTy with your fellow sim racers, head over to the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this excellent game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

3.5 euro per (completely optional) rally. The very definition of "top dollar" indeed :rolleyes:

I know you and I disagree on this.

But wouldn't it be so much better if DR 2.0 charged for a new stage in Finland and updated the DR1 stage and put that as base content in the game?

Wouldn't that just be better for everyone and wouldn't that make people like me buy the new stages?

It would require more work from Codemasters their team though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%