DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0 Post Launch DLC Contains Monte Carlo, Sweden and German Rallies

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Season Content.jpg

Codemasters have revealed the first round of post release DLC for DiRT 2.0 - and it has plenty of very sweet content set to hit the sim.

With release day set for later this month, Codemasters have already taken the bold decision to announce the first wave of post release DLC content set to hit the rally driving simulation, and it is already taking shape to be a very, very impressive collection of both cars and rallies lined up to come to the title following public release.

Noted as the first "season" of DLC content, with more set to follow later, the first load of additional paid addons for the game will include no less than three returning rally events from the original DiRT Rally, spread over an 11 week post release period. Back and substantially upgraded from DiRT Rally comes the famous Monte Carlo, Swedish and German events, giving a nice mix of snow, ice and tarmac surfaces for players to sample the new physics and features of DiRT 2.0.

Also forming part of the 11 week update schedule will be new cars - notably the ŠKODA Fabia and Subaru Impreza fan favourites.. so plenty to get stuck into for players of the game.

“It was important for us to not just include brand new content for DiRT Rally 2.0, but also to recognise the fan favourites from the previous titles”, commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. Gowing continued, “The improvements the team have made for DiRT Rally 2.0 are plain to see, and Monte Carlo is a shining example of that. I think it looks incredible, and I hope our players feel the same way too. We are making a significant commitment to expanding the DiRT Rally 2.0 experience for the players that have been calling for us to do exactly that over a number of years.”
Fear not those of you who are thinking the returning rallies will merely be a rehash of DiRT Rally content - the new stages have undergone significant updates for inclusion in DiRT 2.0, enjoying visual upgrades thanks to the new lighting system, and of course benefitting from the new for DiRT 2.0 track materials improvements. Previews of the Monte Carlo rally stages can be seen in the images below, already looking considerably improved from what was a very solid baseline in DiRT Rally:

Monte Carlo - DiRT Rally
Monte 2 - DR1.jpg

Monte Carlo DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte 2 - DR2.jpg

DiRT Rally
Monte DR1.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte DR2.jpg

• Week 1: ŠKODA Fabia Rally, Citroën C4 Rally
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Opel Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally
Players who pre-order or buy the Deluxe Edition will have this Season One content, plus Season Two which contains a similar level of content and features, included as part of their Season Pass. Players who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will also have early access to the game from 22nd February 2019. Day One or Standard Edition players will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
DiRT Rally was one of the first games I ever got on PC, it actually came free with my R9 280 GPU.
And now that VR support is confirmed, this'll probably be the next game I get. Though, it's slightly unsettling knowing that Rallies that were in the previous game are DLC, I hope that just means there are already a bunch. And hopefully my i7 4790K and GTX 1080Ti can still run it decently in VR. And if it's any bit as good as the first one, I'll probably be duped into handing them my money for the DLC too. ;)

I hate when they make DLC lists up before the game is even out. It's become a norm in the gaming industry and is a very shady practice.
Yeah seems to be the standard now,
Create and develop a game 100% with say idk for example, 50 tracks and 100 cars,
release the game officially with 20 tracks and 40 cars,
then sell you the rest as DLC, which in fact should have been free with the original release,
very shady indeed.

Codies seem to have taken a huge step in the direction of EA, Ubisoft and the like with this game. I mean they weren't flawless saints before of course, but this going in a bad direction.

Pre-order bonus. Depriving content from people who buy the game after launch, to punish them for daring to make an informed decision, is a very anti-consumer practice that should die.
DLC lists announced before release
Early unlocks for those who buy the more expensive versions. Microtransactions in everything but name, you pay real world money to unlock content you already have.
Taking vanilla content from DR1 and making it paid DLC in DR2

Sure the game might well be really good, but it's hugely worrying how a company moves towards the cynical anti-consumer practices at an age where such things run rampant and get worse all the time.

Taking vanilla content from DR1 and making it paid DLC in DR2
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Now that is funny, but sadly the truth.
These clowns are taking us for a ride, its time to get our voices heard.

Soon they will be making games and the UI to run the game will be DLC, this is how serious its getting lately.

Kind of scummy yeah.. it could be called a fan service, if the stages were a separate DLC, that is free for owners of DR1. But now....

If the tarmac physics would be now fixed, stages of Germany and Monte Carlo would have new found value. I barely drove them in Dirt Rally, due to the absurd tarmac

Sadly Jimmy Broadbent said tarmac feel was still disappointing

Last edited:
Releasing dlc roadmap that you will have to pay before the game is even out? Excuse me but this is shitty and shady!! What it tells me is that they are going to support **** after launch! Another money grab is what im smelling! Companies should be "punished" for this technics! This is what EA is doing and Codemasters trying to pull the same tricks to a very immature audience (in terms of video games industry). If the content is ready why not release it at launch?

If you feel the same DONT pre-order the game (or any game actually)! And dont pre-order the season pass without even taking a taste of the game!
Support something that deserves it and dont support money graps with 0 support after launch (dirt rally 1)

Sorry for bad language but this is how i feel about the situation that codemasters is setting!

Maybe I've overread it, are there completely new stages or just "graphically" refreshed stages from first DR?
They are exact same stages, with upgraded graphics. Here's direct comparison shots:

http://blog.codemasters.com/communi...9LC3JqJBFzc_h8mLtFxG0b4dU83CNVmCN3j_d-bgfvz0I

But check closely the old screenshots.They used low settings for the "Before" shots. :D

Literally how low can you go? Just fired up Monte Carlo in Dirt Rally 1 with Ultra settings, I couldn't find the exact places where they took those screens, but the shadows for example are nothing like that with Ultra, not jagged...

hgp04oR.png

Left one is from my game. Right one is from the first of their "Before" comparison shots :rolleyes: Not the same spot, but same asset.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing