DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0 Post Launch DLC Contains Monte Carlo, Sweden and German Rallies

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Season Content.jpg

Codemasters have revealed the first round of post release DLC for DiRT 2.0 - and it has plenty of very sweet content set to hit the sim.

With release day set for later this month, Codemasters have already taken the bold decision to announce the first wave of post release DLC content set to hit the rally driving simulation, and it is already taking shape to be a very, very impressive collection of both cars and rallies lined up to come to the title following public release.

Noted as the first "season" of DLC content, with more set to follow later, the first load of additional paid addons for the game will include no less than three returning rally events from the original DiRT Rally, spread over an 11 week post release period. Back and substantially upgraded from DiRT Rally comes the famous Monte Carlo, Swedish and German events, giving a nice mix of snow, ice and tarmac surfaces for players to sample the new physics and features of DiRT 2.0.

Also forming part of the 11 week update schedule will be new cars - notably the ŠKODA Fabia and Subaru Impreza fan favourites.. so plenty to get stuck into for players of the game.

“It was important for us to not just include brand new content for DiRT Rally 2.0, but also to recognise the fan favourites from the previous titles”, commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. Gowing continued, “The improvements the team have made for DiRT Rally 2.0 are plain to see, and Monte Carlo is a shining example of that. I think it looks incredible, and I hope our players feel the same way too. We are making a significant commitment to expanding the DiRT Rally 2.0 experience for the players that have been calling for us to do exactly that over a number of years.”
Fear not those of you who are thinking the returning rallies will merely be a rehash of DiRT Rally content - the new stages have undergone significant updates for inclusion in DiRT 2.0, enjoying visual upgrades thanks to the new lighting system, and of course benefitting from the new for DiRT 2.0 track materials improvements. Previews of the Monte Carlo rally stages can be seen in the images below, already looking considerably improved from what was a very solid baseline in DiRT Rally:

Monte Carlo - DiRT Rally
Monte 2 - DR1.jpg

Monte Carlo DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte 2 - DR2.jpg

DiRT Rally
Monte DR1.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte DR2.jpg

• Week 1: ŠKODA Fabia Rally, Citroën C4 Rally
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Opel Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally
Players who pre-order or buy the Deluxe Edition will have this Season One content, plus Season Two which contains a similar level of content and features, included as part of their Season Pass. Players who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will also have early access to the game from 22nd February 2019. Day One or Standard Edition players will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Gee. This is what I was saying. If the physics and FFB model is not significantly increased over DR, then we may as well have had these new locations as DLC for the first title. This makes the DLC packs for 2.0 even more irrelevant. Apart from being able to race them in leagues without changing the game.

DR was a good feeling title but the FFB did need a lot of tweaking to get it to feel right especially with an OSW or comparable wheel base. I had a lot easier time making my CSW v2 feel good than the OSW.

The end conclusion of Jimmy at the end of the livestream :
"I really enjoyed playing this game"
"If you enjoyed the first one (DR1), you REALLY going to enjoy this one, it's a step forward, definitely,..."

Watching a bit of Jimmy's stream, I was kinda worried about the way the car seemed to regain grip once you lost it. Seemed quite unnatural and kinda reminded me of D4 handling. But obviously these things are very hard to judge from watching someone, you'd have to play for yourself to be sure.

Watching a bit of Jimmy's stream, I was kinda worried about the way the car seemed to regain grip once you lost it. Seemed quite unnatural and kinda reminded me of D4 handling. But obviously these things are very hard to judge from watching someone, you'd have to play for yourself to be sure.

Hey Martin
Have you tried the EVO MOD with WRC 7 yet ?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1010700549118652/

Personally, I really couldn't care less about some physics mod, especially when it's in a closed Spanish speaking FB group. Sorry.

It's not just a physics mod

New physics (Traction, Weight, Brakes, Suspensions)
More realistic particle effects
Activated handbrake
More realistic damages
Collision system
New replay Cams
New Sound
and more.....

And that's Version 1
Version 2 is in the can and out in a couple of days

Well, to get back to DR 2.0... I really don`t know what to think about what I see. I was watching Jimmy`s stream again tonight, and then I also see something like this (a random YT video that was recommended to me):

Again, hard to judge how the game actually is just by watching it instead of playing it yourself, but this and what could be seen on Jimmy`s stream at times looks a lot..."videogame-y", I guess, for the lack of the better word (I really don`t want to go into the whole "arcade" thing because I don`t agree with the simracing consensus on what that word means). And it may also be due to the way they drive, I don`t know...it just looks weird to me. Sometimes it even looks as if the footage was sped up (the fairly wide FOV probably doesn`t help as well).

Last edited:
Can they implement native multiple direct input controller support? I'll consider it then :)

Edit: Referring to the OT WRC mod there, not DR2.0

The only way we'll know is when we drive it ourselves. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that they've failed again to recapture the feeling of DR, which in itself had flaws but always left me with a smile on my face for the most part.

Well, to get back to DR 2.0... I really don`t know what to think about what I see. I was watching Jimmy`s stream again tonight, and then I also see something like this (a random YT video that was recommended to me):

:roflmao:
Again, hard to judge how the game actually is just by watching it instead of playing it yourself, but this and what could be seen on Jimmy`s stream at times looks a lot..."videogame-y", I guess, for the lack of the better word (I really don`t want to go into the whole "arcade" thing because I don`t agree with the simracing consensus on what that word means). And it may also be due to the way they drive, I don`t know...it just looks weird to me. Sometimes it even looks as if the footage was sped up (the fairly wide FOV probably doesn`t help as well).

Also, I have to say that while I in a way appreciate the footage is already out there and I understand why certain people have access to the game, at the same time, in a way I find it quite annoying how it is becoming more and more common that some privileged people have access to games days, sometimes weeks before us peasants can get our hands on it and finally play it and perhaps even stream it (but then again why bother since the game will be streamed to death on release already...)

(But yeah, chalk it up to envy if you will).

Screaming asphalt wheel spin on gravel !
This smell ARCADE all the way !
Epic fail :roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years