DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0 Post Launch DLC Contains Monte Carlo, Sweden and German Rallies

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Season Content.jpg

Codemasters have revealed the first round of post release DLC for DiRT 2.0 - and it has plenty of very sweet content set to hit the sim.

With release day set for later this month, Codemasters have already taken the bold decision to announce the first wave of post release DLC content set to hit the rally driving simulation, and it is already taking shape to be a very, very impressive collection of both cars and rallies lined up to come to the title following public release.

Noted as the first "season" of DLC content, with more set to follow later, the first load of additional paid addons for the game will include no less than three returning rally events from the original DiRT Rally, spread over an 11 week post release period. Back and substantially upgraded from DiRT Rally comes the famous Monte Carlo, Swedish and German events, giving a nice mix of snow, ice and tarmac surfaces for players to sample the new physics and features of DiRT 2.0.

Also forming part of the 11 week update schedule will be new cars - notably the ŠKODA Fabia and Subaru Impreza fan favourites.. so plenty to get stuck into for players of the game.

“It was important for us to not just include brand new content for DiRT Rally 2.0, but also to recognise the fan favourites from the previous titles”, commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. Gowing continued, “The improvements the team have made for DiRT Rally 2.0 are plain to see, and Monte Carlo is a shining example of that. I think it looks incredible, and I hope our players feel the same way too. We are making a significant commitment to expanding the DiRT Rally 2.0 experience for the players that have been calling for us to do exactly that over a number of years.”
Fear not those of you who are thinking the returning rallies will merely be a rehash of DiRT Rally content - the new stages have undergone significant updates for inclusion in DiRT 2.0, enjoying visual upgrades thanks to the new lighting system, and of course benefitting from the new for DiRT 2.0 track materials improvements. Previews of the Monte Carlo rally stages can be seen in the images below, already looking considerably improved from what was a very solid baseline in DiRT Rally:

Monte Carlo - DiRT Rally
Monte 2 - DR1.jpg

Monte Carlo DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte 2 - DR2.jpg

DiRT Rally
Monte DR1.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte DR2.jpg

• Week 1: ŠKODA Fabia Rally, Citroën C4 Rally
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Opel Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally
Players who pre-order or buy the Deluxe Edition will have this Season One content, plus Season Two which contains a similar level of content and features, included as part of their Season Pass. Players who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will also have early access to the game from 22nd February 2019. Day One or Standard Edition players will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
After reading all this I just can shake my head...
It's always and everywhere the same nowadays - people complain. I thought is was a german thing to complain about whatever but it seems to be present all over the world. But ok, this is just my impression...

After the release of D4 people were shouting for handcrafted stages, for DLC and for VR and other things...
Now they get DR2.0 with handcrafted stages, DLCs and VR and, of course, that's not ok!

Sorry guys (not all of you), I can't share your complains because it's a free world - you don't have to buy that product if you don't want to! Easy as that!
Or you want to race in championships with at least 9 locations, on handcrafted stages, in different car classes, from summer on with your VR hardware and enjoy the game! And to effort things, maybe you drink a beer less this weekend or smoke less or whatever - I'm convinced there are things you can abstain from if you really want to have those DLC(s).

Over and out and a happy weekend...(I won't be drunk as I have to save money for my premium membership here :rolleyes: )

Is anyone really shocked byt his decision.

Codies are a big developer, not AAA but big, they follow what everyone else, and at the moment every else releases half complete games for full price then offers DLC to take the eventual price towards double the asking price.
It is common practice sadly, and why? Well because people are so idiotic they pay for it, if you want to give billion dollar companies ever more amounts of money what do you expect them to do, give it away for free?

only one guy does that and his name is Yamauchi, and he has made so much money out of one franchise he can afford to.

These companies are about making ever increasing profit, they employ people to find out how to milk gamers, this is a simple policy.

My choice is always to never buy DLC, I have only done it a few times, when it is cheap on Steam

What annoys me particularly here is a lot of the stuff in the pack was already on DR, so you effectively paying twice for slightly revamped content, bum move Codies, and lost a buyer here.

After reading all this I just can shake my head...
It's always and everywhere the same nowadays - people complain. I thought is was a german thing to complain about whatever but it seems to be present all over the world. But ok, this is just my impression...

After the release of D4 people were shouting for handcrafted stages, for DLC and for VR and other things...
Now they get DR2.0 with handcrafted stages, DLCs and VR and, of course, that's not ok!

Sorry guys (not all of you), I can't share your complains because it's a free world - you don't have to buy that product if you don't want to! Easy as that!
Or you want to race in championships with at least 9 locations, on handcrafted stages, in different car classes, from summer on with your VR hardware and enjoy the game! And to effort things, maybe you drink a beer less this weekend or smoke less or whatever - I'm convinced there are things you can abstain from if you really want to have those DLC(s).

Over and out and a happy weekend...(I won't be drunk as I have to save money for my premium membership here :rolleyes: )
Can´t be more agree
I´m fed up to always read complains about every game will be in the market, not only about this one....it seems that nobody is happy with anything. Not everybody think like that, but a lot of people yes. Every time more....
But Ok......Me, YES, I´ve preordered Deluxe Edition and YES, I´m gonna enjoy the game next friday with the new cars, new locations, and also with the old cars and old stages from DR with current improvements of physics, graphics, tyre choice, road degradation, etc. And I also will enjoy with the new RDRC Championship that is coming with DR 2.0 in the near future! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If people don't like differing viewpoints, perhaps a forum on the internet isn't the place for you?

It makes no difference if you don't like hearing dissent and frustration with a publishers decision. A forum is a place of discussion. Perhaps consider that before participating in the conversation?

I don't really get why people think other people are complaining too much. I read a lot of valid reasons to be pissed.
It's not only black and white. It's more like:
Codies giving us a raw egg (dirt rally ea), we asked for a proper scrambled egg that's tasty.
Next time Codies give us a cooked egg (dirt 4) and ofc we're like "wtf guys, tasty, scrambled eggs, it's not that hard to do!".

Then they give us scrambled eggs but without salt (no VR).
So we start to cry for the salt. Then we get the salt but they tell us we would need to get the salt somewhere else (separately sold copy of dirt 2.0 in the Oculus store).
So we're again like "wtf Codies, just put the freaking salt to the scrambled eggs!".

Then we get one scrambled egg (stock content) and of course ask for the portion of our ordered scrambled eggs to be made out of 3 eggs cause who the f*** makes scrambled eggs out of just one single egg?!
Then Codies jumps in:
Gives us one scrambled egg (dirt 2.0 stock content) and offers a second egg. But cooked...
So we're like "wtf guys, make us more scrambled eggs, not a freaking cooked egg to it!". (dlc consisting of refurbished content).

Summary:
We're asking for scrambled eggs, made out of 2-4 eggs, seasoned (containing at least salt).
But Codies give us 1 scrambled egg, salt in a different restaurant and a cooked egg, that we refused last time we were eating at their restaurant, as a side dish.
And then we're told that we shouldn't complain and instead be happy that we:
1. Get eggs in the first place. Cause cooking eggs seems to be hugely honorable and a rarity!
2. Get one scrambled egg, cause scrambled eggs are like a rare diamond compared to cooked eggs!
3. Get offered salt. I mean hey, salt is rare you know! White gold and stuff!

That‘s a point for you @RasmusP, really nicely written - but that‘s not really the thing I was talking about.
Let‘s leave it like this and enjoy our eggs for breakfast (I prefer the cooked ones :))
Hehe yeah it wasn't really pointed towards you. Just a general post.
Have to say while I understand the complaints I think it is annoying to hear/read them all day long in each and every thread.
Problem is that to make things "right" seems to be so easy from our perspective while the reality is not like this..
We have no clue about market analysis etc and people have to accept the fact that codies won't give a damn about us, the minority. They are in for the money and the main part of the customers.
Just because we would gladly pay 65€ for the full package at release with VR etc included it doesn't mean that codies makes more money by doing it like they do now.

Just wanted to break things down about why we do complain. If you prefer cooked eggs then I guess it's nice that they give us less scrambled eggs and a cooked one as dlc :D

Last edited:
The title of the thread reads...

"dirt-2-0-post-launch-dlc-contains-monte-carlo-sweden-and-german-rallies", or more aptly put,

"dirt-2-0-post-launch-dlc-contains-OLD, ALREADY PAID FOR AND HIGHLY DRIVEN rallies'.

If people are going to voice concern, wouldn't this be the place to do so in? I read many forum threads, DAILY, almost none are discussing this in areas that do not concern it.

It's the correct place for it.

Jimmy's first impression of D2.0 in him home environment is definitely encouraging. Also the game looks very very nice from what I've seen in that video. A nice evolution of the Australia rally in D4.

Not ruling out buying the game, at all. Just wish that we had the opportunity to experience more rally than we ever had a chance to before.

Modding would be a MASSIVE addition to this title but seeing as it's 2019 that's almost certain never to happen.

Also, this WRC 7 Evo mod, where is it? I only see Facebook links and pretty much nothing relating to a download or link of the software. I guess it doesn't matter for me since I can't use any of my hardware with it anyway. Even GIMX is being a pain in the ass and only half working here and there. Too much effort for not enough result.

Sorry for the off topic at the end there. I am cautiously optimistic about D2.0 just as I have been ever since its announcement. At least it's helped the time pass not looking forward to it so much.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back