DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0 Post Launch DLC Contains Monte Carlo, Sweden and German Rallies

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Season Content.jpg

Codemasters have revealed the first round of post release DLC for DiRT 2.0 - and it has plenty of very sweet content set to hit the sim.

With release day set for later this month, Codemasters have already taken the bold decision to announce the first wave of post release DLC content set to hit the rally driving simulation, and it is already taking shape to be a very, very impressive collection of both cars and rallies lined up to come to the title following public release.

Noted as the first "season" of DLC content, with more set to follow later, the first load of additional paid addons for the game will include no less than three returning rally events from the original DiRT Rally, spread over an 11 week post release period. Back and substantially upgraded from DiRT Rally comes the famous Monte Carlo, Swedish and German events, giving a nice mix of snow, ice and tarmac surfaces for players to sample the new physics and features of DiRT 2.0.

Also forming part of the 11 week update schedule will be new cars - notably the ŠKODA Fabia and Subaru Impreza fan favourites.. so plenty to get stuck into for players of the game.

“It was important for us to not just include brand new content for DiRT Rally 2.0, but also to recognise the fan favourites from the previous titles”, commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. Gowing continued, “The improvements the team have made for DiRT Rally 2.0 are plain to see, and Monte Carlo is a shining example of that. I think it looks incredible, and I hope our players feel the same way too. We are making a significant commitment to expanding the DiRT Rally 2.0 experience for the players that have been calling for us to do exactly that over a number of years.”
Fear not those of you who are thinking the returning rallies will merely be a rehash of DiRT Rally content - the new stages have undergone significant updates for inclusion in DiRT 2.0, enjoying visual upgrades thanks to the new lighting system, and of course benefitting from the new for DiRT 2.0 track materials improvements. Previews of the Monte Carlo rally stages can be seen in the images below, already looking considerably improved from what was a very solid baseline in DiRT Rally:

Monte Carlo - DiRT Rally
Monte 2 - DR1.jpg

Monte Carlo DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte 2 - DR2.jpg

DiRT Rally
Monte DR1.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte DR2.jpg

• Week 1: ŠKODA Fabia Rally, Citroën C4 Rally
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Opel Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally
Players who pre-order or buy the Deluxe Edition will have this Season One content, plus Season Two which contains a similar level of content and features, included as part of their Season Pass. Players who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will also have early access to the game from 22nd February 2019. Day One or Standard Edition players will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
@Ludwig von Mises Well, that would mean the people explaining the issues before were lying to everyone, and I don't believe that.

And you can also see that Monte Carlo is still clearly called Monte Carlo and so on, so they're not (thankfully, because it would be really dumb to call it something else, like it always is in any game) going that route either.

Ian Bell was saying, you can copy even any circuit in the world and just don't use the official licensed name to get them for free. That's why some tracks in rF2 have not the original names like Estoril and Spa. They can't put the "Rallye Monte-Carlo"-Logo on it, but Monte-Carlo is not a brand and the stages are not even authentic. In order to avoid legal conflicts in the first place, they could've just name it Monaco instead.

• Deleted member 637371

There is no sweetener or exciter here for loyal fans of the series.

Codemasters are incentivizing people to pirate the game by taking this approach. Where is the customer loyalty or reward in this announcement?

Gamers are growing tired of such moves by Game Developers. (This isn't just about Codemasters for those rushing to defend them, but the direction and attitude Codemasters and some other Developers have adopted with their customers).

Some developers appear to have completely lost the voice of the customer, while others have listened (Kunos pricing and approach to ACC EA being a positive and good example of Developers listening and taking a new approach to pricing and customer engagement).

I'm glad there are so many others here who feel the same and have voiced their disapproval with this this announcement and it's timing.

There is no sweetener or exciter here for loyal fans of the series.

Codemasters are incentivizing people to pirate the game by taking this approach. Where is the customer loyalty or reward in this announcement?

Gamers are growing tired of such moves by Game Developers. (This isn't just about Codemasters for those rushing to defend them, but the direction and attitude Codemasters and some other Developers have adopted with their customers).

Some developers appear to have completely lost the voice of the customer, while others have listened (Kunos pricing and approach to ACC EA being a positive and good example of Developers listening and taking a new approach to pricing and customer engagement).

I'm glad there are so many others here who feel the same and have voiced their disapproval with this this announcement and it's timing.
Quite some comments regarding the reuse of assetts from 1 title to the next title,
I see no harm here and its something codemasters have always done, I have been playing there titles since day1, always bought codemasters games,
but selling tracks which was vanilla content from series 1 and then selling it as DLC in series 2 is just totally absurd to say the least, maybe they made a mistake and forgot,
but come on they must think we are all puppets and they are the puppeteers, its ridiculous...

Ugh. One thing I dislike with such dripfeeding is e.g RDRC. Should it start ASAP? Wait for Monaco? Wait for Sweden? Germany? Focus? C4?

It's a nice list, but damn. Not too practical
Yes, I´m agree, but anyway I think we must wait for Clubs are implemented in game...then I don´t know if timings will be similar or not. But.....we really want to have a new RDRC soon. That´s sure!! ;)

Last edited:
Well this just proves my point that Codies mainly is in it for the $$$.
I will try it for about 1 hour and 58 minutes and then get the refund cause i know it will be dated by the time WRC 8 arrives.

In the meantime I will be playing this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/101...943004051331&notif_t=group_description_change
Every game developer is "in it" for money. Video game industry is growing and growing and it's not a charity. It's a business. Now, you can get the money with various methods, both consumer friendly and not. Your success depends on your audience.

About the DLC, I am happy there IS DLC because I feel the lack of additional content greatly reduced the longevity of previous Codemasters rally games. I am also happy we get the content from DR "1.0" because how else would I drive on them with my most anticipated (new) cars (Skodas, C3, Evo VI in the "Rally" series). Now that the refreshed content IS the DLC, I have to think about it. It's not optimal for sure, but people have a choice at least. You don't HAVE TO buy it and you know what you're getting if you buy it. Much better than selling season passes with no information.

Every game developer is "in it" for money. Video game industry is growing and growing and it's not a charity. It's a business. Now, you can get the money with various methods, both consumer friendly and not. Your success depends on your audience.

About the DLC, I am happy there IS DLC because I feel the lack of additional content greatly reduced the longevity of previous Codemasters rally games. I am also happy we get the content from DR "1.0" because how else would I drive on them with my most anticipated (new) cars (Skodas, C3, Evo VI in the "Rally" series). Now that the refreshed content IS the DLC, I have to think about it. It's not optimal for sure, but people have a choice at least. You don't HAVE TO buy it and you know what you're getting if you buy it. Much better than selling season passes with no information.

The base game is 54,99€ and on top of that you have to pay extra to get a nearly full game ! God knows how much the almost full game is !

In WRC 7 and 8 you get the full game and it's NOT overpriced like Codies !
When it comes to Codies I think its the contrary as they seem to loose market shares and rightfully so because they care more about $$$ than passion for racing like Kunos does for instance !

The base game is 54,99€ and on top of that you have to pay extra to get a nearly full game ! God knows how much the almost full game is !

When it comes to Codies I think its the contrary as they seem to loose market shares and rightfully so because they care more about $$$ than passion for racing like Kunos does for instance !
Wow 55 euros, its not for me then. :roflmao: No budget no buy..

I dunno, all things considered at least you ain't renting the content :roflmao:
I remember when I was 11-12 or something, every weekend we used to go down to the local market and rent games for like 1 Pound a week,
those days was the best, then the PS came out we got it chipped was glorious, oh man times have changed, glad I bought this ACC for like 23 euros or something what a great buy. :D

What makes you think that the base is not a full game? You have the same amount of locations and more cars than in DiRT Rally. And once where we were all of you, saying it's half a game, when Assetto Corsa Competiziome charged 25€ for like 3 cars and 3 tracks, and before the game launch they released a roadmap? I haven't seen nearly anyone there, crying that it's shady tactics, and it's almost the same as DR2.0. Oh, I forgot it was Kunos, that is praised here for everything they do. I still consider RD as one of the best sim racing communities, but some of really need to get less biased.

Yes, the base game is expensive enough on first party stores, I agree. But that's what happens when you have kind of a monopoly. If you want a modern rally simulation, DiRT is kind of your only choice (I haven't tried WRC but from things I heard, especially the FFB, I would not enjoy it).

Don't get me wrong I am not protecting them. I am only saying they will try to milk it with the premium price and discount when the sales go lower. If you are a so called patient gamer you will probably get the whole package for 20 in a year and a half.

In the end of the day, they offer us something and we have a choice. If the "deal" is bad, then we don't buy. So they alter the deal. And they pray they don't have to alter it any further /s(tarwars)

Yes, the base game is expensive enough on first party stores, I agree. But that's what happens when you have kind of a monopoly. If you want a modern rally simulation, DiRT is kind of your only choice (I haven't tried WRC but from things I heard, especially the FFB, I would not enjoy it).

Don't get me wrong I am not protecting them. I am only saying they will try to milk it with the premium price and discount when the sales go lower. If you are a so called patient gamer you will probably get the whole package for 20 in a year and a half.

In the end of the day, they offer us something and we have a choice. If the "deal" is bad, then we don't buy. So they alter the deal. And they pray they don't have to alter it any further /s(tarwars)
Would not be so bad if it was 55 euros + a season pass on DLC, then yeah I be like thats a good deal,
but 55 euros then what another 40-50 in DLC, might as well start playing iracing if you that kind of money to throw away, ill stick to modding.

What makes you think that the base is not a full game? You have the same amount of locations and more cars than in DiRT Rally. And once where we were all of you, saying it's half a game, when Assetto Corsa Competiziome charged 25€ for like 3 cars and 3 tracks, and before the game launch they released a roadmap? I haven't seen nearly anyone there, crying that it's shady tactics, and it's almost the same as DR2.0. Oh, I forgot it was Kunos, that is praised here for everything they do. I still consider RD as one of the best sim racing communities, but some of really need to get less biased.
Kunos offered the whole package (Blancpain GT Series 2018, 2019) for 25 Euros - a huge discount for early adopter. The roadmap was for the early access content. You could buy it on day one, forget about it until the full release and have the game and know all the content upfront. That is different and not at all shady, except for the risk it won't be good - paying before release and reviews.

Would not be so bad if it was 55 euros + a season pass on DLC, then yeah I be like thats a good deal,
but 55 euros then what another 40-50 in DLC, might as well start playing iracing if you that kind of money to throw away, ill stick to modding.
Those are release prices. They will be lower. Deluxe package is 74.99 on Steam, so I guess the full DLC will not be higher than 30. iRacing is still the most expensive sim, by a mile (or three). Still expensive though. (But people had no problem with it before the #NoVRNoBuy "outrage" here.)

Those are release prices. They will be lower. Deluxe package is 74.99 on Steam, so I guess the full DLC will not be higher than 30. iRacing is still the most expensive sim, by a mile (or three). Still expensive though. (But people had no problem with it before the #NoVRNoBuy "outrage" here.)
I still think 75 is way too expensive its missing some of the newest WRC cars they concentrate too much on older content, which is fine thats there choice, but some amazing cars missing from this game,
claims on the cover to have the official license but yet dont make all the cars covering the seasons.
maybe if the content was complete be worth the money but its everywhere the structure,
either what you saying is true they dominate the market so what choice is left :D

... Deluxe package is 74.99 on Steam, ...
The prices fluctuating according to where you live is the sad thing. Im my steam store the Deluxe edition is 68€. Base game at 50€.

So 9€ per season is very reasonnable in my opinion. 6 cars + 3 rallies ( 36 stages/ 6 actual full length) for 9€ is ok, isn'it? If you don't like the fact the rallies are not completely new ( just reworked) that is still 1,5€ per car.
I'm not sure I understand all the complaints about stuff you don't have to buy.

Edit: plus if you buy the key through one of those sites buying large quantities and making discount you end up paying 50€ for the deluxe.

I still think 75 is way too expensive its missing some of the newest WRC cars they concentrate too much on older content, which is fine thats there choice, but some amazing cars missing from this game,
claims on the cover to have the official license but yet dont make all the cars covering the seasons.
maybe if the content was complete be worth the money but its everywhere the structure,
either what you saying is true they dominate the market so what choice is left :D

Official WRX license. Although they have been saying it for DR and D4 and they still don't have the full track list... WRC series has exclusivity for the modern WRC cars.

The prices fluctuating according to where you live is the sad thing. Im my steam store the Deluxe edition is 68€. Base game at 50€.

So 9€ per season is very reasonnable in my opinion. 6 cars + 3 rallies ( 36 stages/ 6 actual full length) for 9€ is ok, isn'it? If you don't like the fact the rallies are not completely new ( just reworked) that is still 1,5€ per car.
I'm not sure I understand all the complaints about stuff you don't have to buy.

Edit: plus if you buy the key through one of those sites buying large quantities and making discount you end up paying 50€ for the deluxe.

Didn't want to touch on the grey market, but yeah. I am a student AND living in a country with half or less the average salary than in Western Europe, but paying the same prices on Steam. I get the best deal I can find.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%